Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day 16:50 - Jul 27 with 8857 viewsitfcjoe

A really well done event by the club, thoroughly enjoyed my morning there with my 9 month old. He obviously didn't really know what was going on but met a few players/staff (Connor, Dozzell, Bishop, Spence and Huws) who were all really good with him and good to watch the training session.

Whatever people say about the club, I think they do do a good job in a lot of areas, and Mick has assembled a squad of good blokes - there looks to be a great team spirit amongst the lads and you can see why Chambo is such a good captain on days like this.

Just hope it clicks on the pitch too

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:01 - Jul 27 with 5819 viewsitfcjoe

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:03 - Jul 27 with 5789 viewsMullet

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:01 - Jul 27 by itfcjoe

I wanna know what joke he's just told Spence and Bish.

Huws will be chuffed you've caught him blinking like that!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:26 - Jul 27 with 5670 viewsElderGrizzly

Just said on Twitter, the photos I saw they look together and happy as a squad. I don't think we can say the same last season, especially after Murphy left.

A happy squad is part of the battle and you can sense they would fight for each other too. Hopefully that will be reflected on the pitch, but a good atmosphere appears to be finding itself back to the club
Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:32 - Jul 27 with 5646 viewstextbackup

How did the stadium look that empty? As a sign of the season ahead (not as bad as 6500, but you catch my drift)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 19:16 - Jul 27 with 5463 viewsunstableblue

Thanks Joe. Can't argue with any of that.

Let's hope it does gel, and confidence is developed, that IS half th battle.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 20:09 - Jul 27 with 5397 viewsFreddies_Ears

Superb day, great effort and organisation by ITFC. One couple brought their 3-week old so she can say she'd been to the ground!
Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 01:02 - Jul 28 with 5237 viewsDolly2.0

I never understand why they do it on a weekday... or how so many seem to manage to get there on a weekday. Do none of you have jobs?

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 05:55 - Jul 28 with 5170 viewstextbackup

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 01:02 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

I never understand why they do it on a weekday... or how so many seem to manage to get there on a weekday. Do none of you have jobs?

School holidays, many parents book time off in that time to spend time with kids.

Login to get fewer ads

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 07:57 - Jul 28 with 5090 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 05:55 - Jul 28 by textbackup

School holidays, many parents book time off in that time to spend time with kids.

Clearly, yes.

But it doesn't explain why the club don't hold it on a weekend. Then most wouldn't have to take time off work. I imagine they'd get double the attendance if it were on a weekend.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:04 - Jul 28 with 5078 viewsBluebell

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 07:57 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Clearly, yes.

But it doesn't explain why the club don't hold it on a weekend. Then most wouldn't have to take time off work. I imagine they'd get double the attendance if it were on a weekend.

I have to agree Dolly as I couldn't make it this year because of work committments.

We were there last year and the queues to get autographs were right round the ground and took over an hour to get to the players and then you separated into 4 queues and had to pick one with the players you wanted to see. If there were double that amount of people they could never have coped. I guess that might be the reason.
Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:10 - Jul 28 with 5057 viewsitfcjoe

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 17:32 - Jul 27 by textbackup

How did the stadium look that empty? As a sign of the season ahead (not as bad as 6500, but you catch my drift)

It's very different if stands are completely shut than anything that will happen for a proper game

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:11 - Jul 28 with 5055 viewsitfcjoe

Clearly, yes.

Do you really think 13,000 people would go to get an autograph and watch a training session?

Midweek works well for a number of reasons, most notably the players can have a relatively normal day rather than miss a pre season friendly for it.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:31 - Jul 28 with 5017 viewstextbackup

Clearly, yes.

What about those that work weekends? They'd miss it.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:40 - Jul 28 with 4992 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:31 - Jul 28 by textbackup

What about those that work weekends? They'd miss it.

That's a daft argument. Far more people work during the week than weekends.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:41 - Jul 28 with 4984 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:04 - Jul 28 by Bluebell

I have to agree Dolly as I couldn't make it this year because of work committments.

We were there last year and the queues to get autographs were right round the ground and took over an hour to get to the players and then you separated into 4 queues and had to pick one with the players you wanted to see. If there were double that amount of people they could never have coped. I guess that might be the reason.

Yeah that's a fair reason.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:44 - Jul 28 with 4971 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:11 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Do you really think 13,000 people would go to get an autograph and watch a training session?

Midweek works well for a number of reasons, most notably the players can have a relatively normal day rather than miss a pre season friendly for it.

I didn't mean EXACTLY double, but clearly more people would go on a weekend.

Also I don't see why the players would miss a pre-season friendly. They don't play a pre-season friendly every day of every weekend throughout the summer.

Bluebell offers the best explanation so far.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:46 - Jul 28 with 4956 viewsSomethingBlue

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:44 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Also I don't see why the players would miss a pre-season friendly. They don't play a pre-season friendly every day of every weekend throughout the summer.

I don't actually think Bluebell's is the reason though, I think it's just an easier fit for the schedules of playing and coaching staff. Which it is. Most clubs hold theirs on weekdays — Arsenal are just one example.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:58 - Jul 28 with 4931 viewsitfcjoe

But if they have a pre season friendly on a Saturday, which they do all through pre-season they won't come in on the Sunday for a training session.

It also involves all the people that work at the club, who will work during the week. If the club thought there would be more people attending they would arrange it to suit that rather than have less.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 10:25 - Jul 28 with 4864 viewsFreddies_Ears

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:58 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

But if they have a pre season friendly on a Saturday, which they do all through pre-season they won't come in on the Sunday for a training session.

It also involves all the people that work at the club, who will work during the week. If the club thought there would be more people attending they would arrange it to suit that rather than have less.

There is a comfortable capacity of around 6000, given the size of the area and the logistics of organising a signing session.
Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 4852 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:58 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Players train on the Sunday after a match sometimes don't they?

Also, people working at a football club - surely the weekend is a day they would work given that's when most matches are?

Anyway, they obviously have their reasons.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 10:31 - Jul 28 with 4844 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:46 - Jul 28 by SomethingBlue

I don't actually think Bluebell's is the reason though, I think it's just an easier fit for the schedules of playing and coaching staff. Which it is. Most clubs hold theirs on weekdays — Arsenal are just one example.

Fair enough.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:07 - Jul 28 with 4780 viewstextbackup

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 08:40 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

That's a daft argument. Far more people work during the week than weekends.

It's not an arguement. It's true, many people do work weekends so would miss it.

Plus, if you don't mind me saying, your a 40+ year old, would you have gone down by yourself for a photo?

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:16 - Jul 28 with 4770 viewsDolly2.0

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:07 - Jul 28 by textbackup

It's not an arguement. It's true, many people do work weekends so would miss it.

Plus, if you don't mind me saying, your a 40+ year old, would you have gone down by yourself for a photo?

Yes but I'm talking about doing what's best for the majority, obviously. The majority work during the week, not weekends.

Your second bit is strawmanning. Who said anything about going by myself? Who said anything about going for a photo?

I reckon a day out with my footy mates (particularly during the off season), a few beers and pre-season footy chat, go to the open day, meet the players, have a nosey behind the scenes and at training, then maybe a curry in the evening, would be a decent day out.

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:20 - Jul 28 with 4755 viewsSuperfrans

Could possibly work the other way, to be fair... kids with nothing to do during the week, might be out with family at weekends.

Might get fewer people at the weekend.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:23 - Jul 28 with 4745 viewsSuperfrans

Nearly 6,500 at the Open Day on 12:16 - Jul 28 by Dolly2.0

Yes but I'm talking about doing what's best for the majority, obviously. The majority work during the week, not weekends.

Your second bit is strawmanning. Who said anything about going by myself? Who said anything about going for a photo?

I reckon a day out with my footy mates (particularly during the off season), a few beers and pre-season footy chat, go to the open day, meet the players, have a nosey behind the scenes and at training, then maybe a curry in the evening, would be a decent day out.

This is a good shout. I'd potentially make the trip up, if it was (in essence) an enhanced Fanzone day.

Me and my ST mates have tried to make plans to meet up all summer and failed consistently. We're actually not getting together until next week - and only then because its a birthday drink.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024