Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated 03:33 - Jul 28 with 7722 viewsIllinoisblue

http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/2017/07/27/championship-preview-part-two

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 05:34 - Jul 28 with 7222 viewsdavblue

I don't think we will but it wouldn't take much of a drop from last seasons performance s.
In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 07:36 - Jul 28 with 7103 viewsconnorscontract

Do they still have 11 players left, or are they going to have to default their first match?
In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 07:39 - Jul 28 with 7100 viewschristiand

Pains me to say it and putting aside my dislike of our northern neighbours, but it's probably not too far from the mark. Their description of ME and his efforts this summer pretty much sums up how I feel about him and what has been done. I'm going to say it, but I think it is going to be another season of struggle, although I'm really hoping that I'm proved wrong!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:02 - Jul 28 with 7064 viewsStuartBrett8

What were his thoughts on his own team, can't be bothered to go through it.

Stop the world, I want to get off
Poll: What should we do with Frank Nouble?

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:48 - Jul 28 with 6970 viewsArnieM

We'll beat scum this season. We should have doubled last season. I think we will "surprise" quite a few teams this season with their assumption of MM good and hope style. His Wolves team didn't good and hope but used quick wingers who cud whip the ball into the box. We at last have wingers that can do it.

COYBs

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:51 - Jul 28 with 6960 viewsStokieBlue

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:48 - Jul 28 by ArnieM

We'll beat scum this season. We should have doubled last season. I think we will "surprise" quite a few teams this season with their assumption of MM good and hope style. His Wolves team didn't good and hope but used quick wingers who cud whip the ball into the box. We at last have wingers that can do it.

COYBs

Really don't understand this post. Every year we hear that his Wolves team used wingers (it did and it was good) but every year it doesn't happen here.

Is it just blind optimism which makes you think it'll be any different this year? Nothing suggests he is going to play the style he played with Wolves.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:54 - Jul 28 with 6944 viewsSomethingBlue

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:51 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

Really don't understand this post. Every year we hear that his Wolves team used wingers (it did and it was good) but every year it doesn't happen here.

Is it just blind optimism which makes you think it'll be any different this year? Nothing suggests he is going to play the style he played with Wolves.

SB

I think it's more that — for whatever reason and Mick is very far from blameless — the many winger signings we've had here haven't really worked out up to now. Fraser is the clear exception, but then we lost him for half a season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:17 - Jul 28 with 6883 viewsgerard1947

It's what you'd expect I suppose but he has little reason to crow. As things stand this season is really critical for Norwich in my view. Their parachute payment finishes this year and whilst their larger crowds benefit them by about £4m over us. We do get that and a bit more made up be ME. Whilst Delia and others have dipped into their pockets it's always been much less than ME has invested in us.

Perhaps that's why they are trying to copy the Huddersfield model this year. Much more wealthy owners than ME and DS chasing Premier League money will make it hard for Ipswich or Norwich to do anything other survive in the Championship for a bit I fear.
Login to get fewer ads

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:27 - Jul 28 with 6846 viewsitfcjoe

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:17 - Jul 28 by gerard1947

It's what you'd expect I suppose but he has little reason to crow. As things stand this season is really critical for Norwich in my view. Their parachute payment finishes this year and whilst their larger crowds benefit them by about £4m over us. We do get that and a bit more made up be ME. Whilst Delia and others have dipped into their pockets it's always been much less than ME has invested in us.

Perhaps that's why they are trying to copy the Huddersfield model this year. Much more wealthy owners than ME and DS chasing Premier League money will make it hard for Ipswich or Norwich to do anything other survive in the Championship for a bit I fear.

Do their crowds really bring in an extra £4m, it makes sense but seems a lot.

If they don't go up this year then things will begin to unravel for them - I'll enjoy watching that.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:39 - Jul 28 with 6789 viewshoofer

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:51 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

SB

I agree with you SB I don't see us being much better if any than last season MM has hood winked some fans again and they have fallen yet again for it.
In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:40 - Jul 28 with 6791 viewsArnieM

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:17 - Jul 28 by gerard1947

Scum blew it big time last season. They won't go up this season. I doubt t they'll even make the play offs.

Boro
Villa
Fulham
Sheff Wed
Leeds
Derby
Sunderland

to name but a few , will all be ahead of them in that top pack.

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:43 - Jul 28 with 6777 viewsgerard1947

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:27 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Do their crowds really bring in an extra £4m, it makes sense but seems a lot.

If they don't go up this year then things will begin to unravel for them - I'll enjoy watching that.

It's a guess, maybe it's a bit less, say 10k extra seats per game x home games 20 x £15 a ticket. Working it out in my head that's £3m isn't it?
In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:48 - Jul 28 with 6759 viewsitfcjoe

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:43 - Jul 28 by gerard1947

It's a guess, maybe it's a bit less, say 10k extra seats per game x home games 20 x £15 a ticket. Working it out in my head that's £3m isn't it?

It's probably about right, just hadn't considered it would be that much and effectively negate Evans' spending

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:48 - Jul 28 with 6763 viewsSWGF

Think we have to be contenders don't we? Nothing much has changed since last year and, as others have pointed out, it won't take much of a downturn to see us in the thick of it. The bookies don't have many teams at shorter odds.

I'm concerned about squad depth/strength. Huws replaced Huws, (untried) Celina has replaced Lawrence, Garner offers a body up front but will come across sterner tests than Gillingham and Col U, what else has changed? People have short memories about how appalling it was.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2017 9:50]

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:51 - Jul 28 with 6755 viewsitfcjoe

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:48 - Jul 28 by SWGF

Think we have to be contenders don't we? Nothing much has changed since last year and, as others have pointed out, it won't take much of a downturn to see us in the thick of it. The bookies don't have many teams at shorter odds.

I'm concerned about squad depth/strength. Huws replaced Huws, (untried) Celina has replaced Lawrence, Garner offers a body up front but will come across sterner tests than Gillingham and Col U, what else has changed? People have short memories about how appalling it was.

We still don't have any goals in the team, I don't think it will be as bad as last year - but if we start badly then it will be and it isn't going to be a huge shock.

We may have a few more options here and there, but have the same limitations

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:57 - Jul 28 with 6728 viewsSomethingBlue

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:48 - Jul 28 by SWGF

On paper the squad looks leaner, sharper and more athletic. That is all good. But I'm worried about the injuries and illnesses this pre-season and particularly don't like the sound of Huws' injury — he has form for this and it would be just our luck if it is the kind that niggles away for months. Hope I'm wrong. The point about the lack of goals is a fair one too; if we can't sign a striker in the next month then it will be a year without replacing Murphy properly and questions will have to be asked.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 10:13 - Jul 28 with 6666 viewsShropshireBluenago09

His real name is Richard

Gus Uhlenbeek

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 10:19 - Jul 28 with 6649 viewsxrayspecs

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:40 - Jul 28 by ArnieM

Scum blew it big time last season. They won't go up this season. I doubt t they'll even make the play offs.

Boro
Villa
Fulham
Sheff Wed
Leeds
Derby
Sunderland

to name but a few , will all be ahead of them in that top pack.

About right plus Forest
In terms of goalscoring, if we ignore the departures of..... on 10:22 - Jul 28 with 6639 viewsBloots

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:51 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

We still don't have any goals in the team, I don't think it will be as bad as last year - but if we start badly then it will be and it isn't going to be a huge shock.

We may have a few more options here and there, but have the same limitations

....Moore and Best (which is quite an easy concept) then effectively we've replaced Lawrence with Celina and Pitman with Garner.

Given our style of play I genuinely think that Garner will score more than Pitman would have done.

But whether Celina can do what Lawrence did in terms of goals is very, very debatable.

On the basis that Garner and McGoldrick are going to be 1st choice then any addition is only really going to be cover or at best an alternative when needed.

The issue is really goals from midfield and a fit McGoldrick.

Huws replaces Douglas. Huws will probably score 6-8 over the season, Douglas 0.

Ward needs to contribute goals and so does whoever else plays.

As an aside, we could do with our centre backs notching a few like they did in the PO season.

....and McGoldrick needs to step up and remember he's a forward and not a midfielder.

It's a "team" issue as much as it's a "forward" issue.

(but we still need another striker)

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

In terms of goalscoring, if we ignore the departures of..... on 10:30 - Jul 28 with 6595 viewsitfcjoe

In terms of goalscoring, if we ignore the departures of..... on 10:22 - Jul 28 by Bloots

....Moore and Best (which is quite an easy concept) then effectively we've replaced Lawrence with Celina and Pitman with Garner.

Given our style of play I genuinely think that Garner will score more than Pitman would have done.

But whether Celina can do what Lawrence did in terms of goals is very, very debatable.

On the basis that Garner and McGoldrick are going to be 1st choice then any addition is only really going to be cover or at best an alternative when needed.

The issue is really goals from midfield and a fit McGoldrick.

Huws replaces Douglas. Huws will probably score 6-8 over the season, Douglas 0.

Ward needs to contribute goals and so does whoever else plays.

As an aside, we could do with our centre backs notching a few like they did in the PO season.

....and McGoldrick needs to step up and remember he's a forward and not a midfielder.

It's a "team" issue as much as it's a "forward" issue.

(but we still need another striker)

I'd agree with all that...

I'd probably say those current 3 strikers will get 30-35 goals between them at best - that puts a lot of pressure on the rest of the squad to get us up somewhere near 60+ goals which we need. Especially if Skuse is likely to be a mainstay again in the midfield.

If it were Huws and Adeyemi things would be a bit different potentially but don't see it

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 10:56 - Jul 28 with 6502 viewschicoazul

SB

It was also many seasons ago. Maybe football has moved on at this level from "get it out wide to the quicks and sling it in the box".

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 10:57 - Jul 28 with 6505 viewsSuperfrans

We won't be relegated. I simply can't see McCarthy allowing that to happen. He is (if nothing else) an exceptionally cautious manager and if we are in trouble, he'll batten down the hatches to ensure it can't happen.

That said, to have a season when we're competitive in the top half, we need our players to remain fit. We have a slim squad and a few players who seem prone to injury.

I'd expect us to bring in at least 3/4 more players before the end of August tbh.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 11:57 - Jul 28 with 6382 viewsSteve_M

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 10:56 - Jul 28 by chicoazul

It was also many seasons ago. Maybe football has moved on at this level from "get it out wide to the quicks and sling it in the box".

Not sure that's the case but that Wolves team had a clear pattern of play and played to it well. That is what we lack, we'll try and pass the ball and the get to the final third and look confused.

Mick needs to reinstall that sense of purpose, like we had in 2012-13 and also in the play-off season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 13:56 - Jul 28 with 6271 viewsArnieM

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 08:54 - Jul 28 by SomethingBlue

I think it's more that — for whatever reason and Mick is very far from blameless — the many winger signings we've had here haven't really worked out up to now. Fraser is the clear exception, but then we lost him for half a season.

I think you have got it right. MM has been looking for the right winger ever since he's been here. It doesn't help that Evans has given him sod all funds.

From what I've seen of the ore sesaon friendliest so far , Town are definitely playing it on the deck and at taking from the wings. And we still haven't had a fully fit first team squad yet due to this illness going through the Club.

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 14:54 - Jul 28 with 6217 viewssyntaxerror

In a shocking development, a budgie blog tips us to be relegated on 09:39 - Jul 28 by hoofer

I agree with you SB I don't see us being much better if any than last season MM has hood winked some fans again and they have fallen yet again for it.

Good old Crucher, far too sharp to be hoodwinked!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024