Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky reporting on Bogle interest 11:46 - Jul 28 with 8572 viewsitfcjoe

£800k apparently - although sounds like he'll go to QPR:

11:39
BOGLE CAN LEAVE WIGAN

Sky sources understand Omar Bogle has been placed on the transfer list by Wigan.

Paul Cook doesn’t believe the player fits into his style of play.

Ipswich, QPR and Barnsley have all expressed interest in taking the forward.

Wigan are thought to value him at £800,000.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 11:55 - Jul 28 with 5237 viewsPilgrimblue

Think he'll go to QPR as not sure he's MM type or that we'll spend £800k. If we want goals at a cheap price perhaps should take Leiston striker on trial
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 11:57 - Jul 28 with 5200 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

He liked a transfer rumours tweet yesterday which said both Ipswich and qpr want him

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:00 - Jul 28 with 5153 views12th_Man

Don't p155 about town get it done £800k on table no less

Poll: Would you like ITFC to sign Colchester's Kane Vincent-Young

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 with 5118 viewstextbackup

London or Ipswich? I know where I'd go... (but then anything. Is better than the north and in particular, Wigan)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 with 5096 viewsitfcjoe

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 11:55 - Jul 28 by Pilgrimblue

Think he'll go to QPR as not sure he's MM type or that we'll spend £800k. If we want goals at a cheap price perhaps should take Leiston striker on trial

Maybe he'll free up Connor Washington who we liked if he goes to QPR?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:05 - Jul 28 with 5092 viewsJ2BLUE

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 by textbackup

London or Ipswich? I know where I'd go... (but then anything. Is better than the north and in particular, Wigan)

Please do. QPR have a forum.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:06 - Jul 28 with 5074 viewsHeathlander

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 11:55 - Jul 28 by Pilgrimblue

Omar Bogle's chant by Grimsby Town fans is a version of the song Tender by the band Blur
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:14 - Jul 28 with 4957 viewsNorthern_Blue81

In budget, young enough and will score a few here and there. It would be a decent signing IMO
Login to get fewer ads

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:18 - Jul 28 with 4920 viewsKieran_Knows

Certainly fits the 5 point plan ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:22 - Jul 28 with 4876 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Not sure Bogle would fit in here. Not our style or Mick's type of application in a team

Washington shout isn't a bad one, but is Garner effectively that role in the team now?
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:25 - Jul 28 with 4833 viewsKieran_Knows

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:22 - Jul 28 by ElderGrizzly

Not sure Bogle would fit in here. Not our style or Mick's type of application in a team

Washington shout isn't a bad one, but is Garner effectively that role in the team now?

Washington and Garner probably wouldn't work as a pairing, but strength in depth is something that we don't have, and should anything happen to Garner, we'd be back at square 1 again.

I'd welcome Washington signing, to be honest.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:26 - Jul 28 with 4819 viewstextbackup

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:05 - Jul 28 by J2BLUE

Please do. QPR have a forum.

That was quick

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:27 - Jul 28 with 4799 viewsSW6Tractor

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

Would suit us more I think, competition more than a partner for Garner though?
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:29 - Jul 28 with 4773 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:25 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Washington and Garner probably wouldn't work as a pairing, but strength in depth is something that we don't have, and should anything happen to Garner, we'd be back at square 1 again.

Problem then comes that £2m is probably the fee for Washington and that is more than likely the top of our budget.

A lot for depth in our current climate.

I'm still sure Mick is playing the journos a little bit too. He is never normally so straight in terms of signings positive or negative
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:31 - Jul 28 with 4740 viewsKieran_Knows

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:29 - Jul 28 by ElderGrizzly

Problem then comes that £2m is probably the fee for Washington and that is more than likely the top of our budget.

A lot for depth in our current climate.

I'm still sure Mick is playing the journos a little bit too. He is never normally so straight in terms of signings positive or negative

Wouldn't surprise me if he was less than that now. We were after him on deadline day, which sticks the price right up anyway, and it's not as if he had a barn storming season with QPR. Be surprised if he wasn't available for between £1m-£1.5m. QPR do seem to be balancing the books this summer as well, so may feel he's one they could get rid of, if they do end up with Bogle of course.

I think so too, always kept his cards close to his chest with regards to transfers.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:36 - Jul 28 with 4677 viewsitfcjoe

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:22 - Jul 28 by ElderGrizzly

If Bogle can get in the team and score goals he'll fit in anywhere!

I don't think 2 bustling forwards wouldn't be able to play together, especially as Washington can be verstaile in attacking positions - need competition for places as well which is severely lacking up top.

Either would improve our options and have me feeling more confident

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:38 - Jul 28 with 4644 viewsKieran_Knows

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:36 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

I don't think 2 bustling forwards wouldn't be able to play together, especially as Washington can be verstaile in attacking positions - need competition for places as well which is severely lacking up top.

I'm sure Washington, whilst probably not ideal, has played out on the wing for QPR on a few occasions. So would bring a bit of versatility, which Mick does like.

Either would be a good addition to our squad.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:39 - Jul 28 with 4634 viewsTIB

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:31 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Wouldn't surprise me if he was less than that now. We were after him on deadline day, which sticks the price right up anyway, and it's not as if he had a barn storming season with QPR. Be surprised if he wasn't available for between £1m-£1.5m. QPR do seem to be balancing the books this summer as well, so may feel he's one they could get rid of, if they do end up with Bogle of course.

I think so too, always kept his cards close to his chest with regards to transfers.

£1.7m on here... so I think your estimate is about right in terms of bidding for him.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/conor-washington/profil/spieler/249815

I didn't realise he had the ability to play out wide also which would be of benefit. By no means is his goal scoring record at this level exceptional but he's still young and has room for development and I think he'd be a good addition to the squad.

I mentioned him yesterday with the link of Bogle to QPR...here's to hoping Bogle at the very least ditches us for QPR and that drives Washington to PR

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:39 - Jul 28 with 4631 viewsMullet

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:25 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

Don't think it'd be Washington and Garner as a pairing if we went that route. It'd be Washington on the flank a la Marley Watkins/Jon Walters.

I dunno who I'd pick if that was the deal. Bogle is a total unknown and didn't really get a chance to prove himself in a failing Wigan side. He'd be more "exciting" but that's a cheap thrill if he turns out to be off the pace.

Washington would definitely give us more overall, but would also be a target for being another MM style workhorse who grafts oppositions into submission. I also think if they wanted £2.5m last time and didn't do it because they couldn't replace him, then the fee is unlikely to drop too much this time even if he's surplus.

It's be a Bodvarsson type loan to permanent deal suspect with him missing two games against a club we really need to be taking points off.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:40 - Jul 28 with 4623 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:36 - Jul 28 by itfcjoe

He couldn't get in the Wigan team and score goals regularly though?

Washington would have me more interested. I just don't think Bogle is that good, but would be in 'punt' territory at £800k so might be worth the risk
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:42 - Jul 28 with 4592 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:39 - Jul 28 by Mullet

Don't think it'd be Washington and Garner as a pairing if we went that route. It'd be Washington on the flank a la Marley Watkins/Jon Walters.

I dunno who I'd pick if that was the deal. Bogle is a total unknown and didn't really get a chance to prove himself in a failing Wigan side. He'd be more "exciting" but that's a cheap thrill if he turns out to be off the pace.

Washington would definitely give us more overall, but would also be a target for being another MM style workhorse who grafts oppositions into submission. I also think if they wanted £2.5m last time and didn't do it because they couldn't replace him, then the fee is unlikely to drop too much this time even if he's surplus.

It's be a Bodvarsson type loan to permanent deal suspect with him missing two games against a club we really need to be taking points off.

Plus QPR are apparently getting to final stage of the FFP fine decision, so could need the cash soon too.
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:44 - Jul 28 with 4547 viewscleggo

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:04 - Jul 28 by textbackup

he's played for Grimsby and Wigan... I hardly think location is an issue for the lad
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:45 - Jul 28 with 4526 viewsElderGrizzly

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:38 - Jul 28 by Kieran_Knows

I'm sure Washington, whilst probably not ideal, has played out on the wing for QPR on a few occasions. So would bring a bit of versatility, which Mick does like.

Either would be a good addition to our squad.

Wigan getting rid because Bogle doesn't fit Cook's passing, pressing game.

So, maybe he is a good fit for Mick's lethargic, more direct style?
Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:46 - Jul 28 with 4524 viewsitfcjoe

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:40 - Jul 28 by ElderGrizzly

He couldn't get in the Wigan team and score goals regularly though?

Washington would have me more interested. I just don't think Bogle is that good, but would be in 'punt' territory at £800k so might be worth the risk

He scored a few, not many but they were the worst side in the league last year - their performance at PR was one of the worst I've seen at this level in a long time.

I'd prefer CW, but Bogle definitely has potential and is more of a goalscorer so greater chance to make a big profit if we were to get him flying. He'd also be good as part of a 3-4 rotation and wouldn't have the need to start every game.

Only thing I think is that CW was clearly wanted by Mick but couldn't get it done, whereas Bogle must have been looked over and rejected - but then that happened to Spence so Mick won't let pride stop him from changing his view.

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:49 - Jul 28 with 4476 viewsTIB

Sky reporting on Bogle interest on 12:44 - Jul 28 by cleggo

he's played for Grimsby and Wigan... I hardly think location is an issue for the lad

Wigan makes Ipswich look like Monaco

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024