Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' 15:45 - Jul 29 with 5762 viewstextbackup

Weak opposition to prepare us, only decent team we play and are torn a new one

Looking forward to the positive spin you lot put on this

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:47 - Jul 29 with 4464 viewsdalianwasexciting

Agreed

Poll: Our number one goalkeeper going forward?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:49 - Jul 29 with 4379 viewsOjc

Agree, when are people going to realise the way this team are coached is falling behind all the time. We were out played twice by non league side last season that should have been the end of McCarthy then but we've hung onto him and another season of turgid football awaits.

I'm going to switch my brain off when the season starts and immerse myself in my lads football
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 4278 viewsstrikalite

Friendly kickabout or not this can't be defended, I bet Charlton have young lads out there picked up on the cheap or given a chance through their academy, nice pass and move stuff with what looks like an all important end product....

Boy this could damage confidence..
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:53 - Jul 29 with 4266 viewsdalianwasexciting

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:49 - Jul 29 by Ojc

Agree, when are people going to realise the way this team are coached is falling behind all the time. We were out played twice by non league side last season that should have been the end of McCarthy then but we've hung onto him and another season of turgid football awaits.

I'm going to switch my brain off when the season starts and immerse myself in my lads football

I wanted to believe we had turned a corner post last season with the manager waking up to the fact that a new approach was needed, we got a couple of decent sounding players in but we could have Messi and Ronaldo and he would still play them out of position or put them on the bench.

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:55 - Jul 29 with 4191 viewstextbackup

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:52 - Jul 29 by strikalite

Friendly kickabout or not this can't be defended, I bet Charlton have young lads out there picked up on the cheap or given a chance through their academy, nice pass and move stuff with what looks like an all important end product....

Boy this could damage confidence..

This just sums it up, and completely puts into perspective the realism with the team/quality/manager
Just not good enough.

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:56 - Jul 29 with 4162 viewsJ2BLUE

Usually I cringe at people saying something is 'embarrassing' but it would be hard to argue here. I expect MM will say most players are ill.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:56 - Jul 29 with 4164 viewsBlue_Moses

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:53 - Jul 29 by dalianwasexciting

I wanted to believe we had turned a corner post last season with the manager waking up to the fact that a new approach was needed, we got a couple of decent sounding players in but we could have Messi and Ronaldo and he would still play them out of position or put them on the bench.

Do the right thing Marcus, get rid of this clown now. I and thousands more will renew season tickets.
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:57 - Jul 29 with 4146 viewsStokieBlue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:56 - Jul 29 by J2BLUE

Usually I cringe at people saying something is 'embarrassing' but it would be hard to argue here. I expect MM will say most players are ill.

Of course.

Totally rubbish excuse though.

League One side, 4-0 at half-time. Excuse have to be really good even if it is a friendly.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:59 - Jul 29 with 4109 viewsitfcjoe

Only positive I can see is that it might wake up the owner/management team into how far off we are ahead of the season

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:00 - Jul 29 with 4088 viewsmickeyjb

There will still be some that do!

Injuries etc.

What a f in joke.

Wolves have a player more highly rated than dozzell who is same age, he has just gone on loan to shewsbury. (Niall Ennis) what I'm saying here is please don't think that our 18 year olds will be our saviors this year.

One week to go?????
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:00 - Jul 29 with 4077 viewsBlue_Order

What a fkn shambles.
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:00 - Jul 29 with 4074 viewspennyfathersleg

I've been saying all summer that I think this team/squad is weaker than last season. Our only goal scorer last season was a loanee and he hasn't been replaced. While Berra wasn't the best footballer, he was a very solid defender - he hasn't been replaced. I think we needed about 5/6 QUALITY signings, not average loan players.

Other championship teams have strengthened and the teams that came up are good sides. We know that the relegated teams will be strong.

We can all whinge about prices of players, but they are the prices. If Evans has any ambition at all, he has to pay or, as we have seen for many seasons, we won't get the players.

I'm really worried!
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:01 - Jul 29 with 4054 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:59 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

Only positive I can see is that it might wake up the owner/management team into how far off we are ahead of the season

Do you really believe the owner cares and will spend some money to bolster this lakclustre team?
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:03 - Jul 29 with 4026 viewsTrequartista

Central midfield decimated by injury and illness and England's best 18 year old central midfielder still can't get in the team.

Strength over skill every time with the dinosaur.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:03 - Jul 29 with 4003 viewsClausThomsen

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:55 - Jul 29 by textbackup

This just sums it up, and completely puts into perspective the realism with the team/quality/manager
Just not good enough.

It's all down to the manager imo.

He ran out of excuses in January.

Looks like we've reverted to the 442 that was failing us so badly back then as well.

We lost the last 3 matches of last season in embarassing fashion, McCarthy's going to have to flip the universe the other way round to stop the inevitable.

But maybe this defeat means we will play 532 next Saturday, with the added bonus of Garner, Dozzell, Webster, Knudsen (in the left centreback role), Iorfa, Rowe with a full pre-season etc etc. Garner could just be the player who could turn all those draws we got whilst playing 532 into wins.

Anything's possible.
Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:04 - Jul 29 with 3996 viewsitfcjoe

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:00 - Jul 29 by mickeyjb

There will still be some that do!

Injuries etc.

What a f in joke.

Wolves have a player more highly rated than dozzell who is same age, he has just gone on loan to shewsbury. (Niall Ennis) what I'm saying here is please don't think that our 18 year olds will be our saviors this year.

One week to go?????

Niall Ennis isn't more highly rated than Dozzell

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:04 - Jul 29 with 3986 viewsRadlett_blue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:57 - Jul 29 by StokieBlue

Of course.

Totally rubbish excuse though.

League One side, 4-0 at half-time. Excuse have to be really good even if it is a friendly.

SB

OK - I'll have a go.
Huws & Adeyemi unavailable through injury (as they have been all pre-season - yikes!).
Webster still not fully fit (another worry).
Celina injured.
We still shouldn't be getting thumped by a League 1 side. However, the real worry is that, with all the injuries, we've had no chance to play anything like our strongest starting XI (assuming MM knows what that is).
2nd half I presume will now see a flurry of substitutions so that MM can pretend that this wasn't a proper test.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:09 - Jul 29 with 3916 viewsStokieBlue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:04 - Jul 29 by Radlett_blue

OK - I'll have a go.
Huws & Adeyemi unavailable through injury (as they have been all pre-season - yikes!).
Webster still not fully fit (another worry).
Celina injured.
We still shouldn't be getting thumped by a League 1 side. However, the real worry is that, with all the injuries, we've had no chance to play anything like our strongest starting XI (assuming MM knows what that is).
2nd half I presume will now see a flurry of substitutions so that MM can pretend that this wasn't a proper test.

You've had a go and you've given a totally rubbish excuse.

The strength in depth isn't there - we can get injuries and illness in the season. Imagine what one of the top Championship sides will be doing to us now.

I know it's a friendly but it's not good enough.

Edit: 5-0. Brilliant. It's really not good enough, even in a friendly 300 travelled and are now singing some nasty chants according to Watson. This is destroying morale.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 16:11]

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:12 - Jul 29 with 3873 viewsBenters

Yeah but yeah but yeah dem players are good at selfies innit .

Not forgetting we beat da colwho 1-0.

Give him Christamas .

etc etc,

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:13 - Jul 29 with 3856 viewstextbackup

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 15:59 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

The owner has backed him ok this pre season IMO, striker needed but that's been known for a year, why aren't our scouts looking further afield

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:13 - Jul 29 with 3849 viewsRadlett_blue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:09 - Jul 29 by StokieBlue

You've had a go and you've given a totally rubbish excuse.

The strength in depth isn't there - we can get injuries and illness in the season. Imagine what one of the top Championship sides will be doing to us now.

I know it's a friendly but it's not good enough.

Edit: 5-0. Brilliant. It's really not good enough, even in a friendly 300 travelled and are now singing some nasty chants according to Watson. This is destroying morale.

SB
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 16:11]

My post was supposed to indicate what might be offered as excuses, rather than indicating that I necessarily agreed with them. Yes, it does indicate that our strength in depth is non existent.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:15 - Jul 29 with 3828 viewsStokieBlue

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:13 - Jul 29 by Radlett_blue

My post was supposed to indicate what might be offered as excuses, rather than indicating that I necessarily agreed with them. Yes, it does indicate that our strength in depth is non existent.

Ah, my bad, sorry.

This looks like it could be any score. I am more worried about it smashing team and fan morale to pieces.

5-0 to a League One side after 50 minutes. Sigh.

SB

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 3777 viewsITFCBlues

Money needs to be spent, if not it'll be like this whoever did in charge I'm afraid

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:20 - Jul 29 with 3763 viewsdalianwasexciting

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:13 - Jul 29 by textbackup

The owner has backed him ok this pre season IMO, striker needed but that's been known for a year, why aren't our scouts looking further afield

I seriously think the issue is the wage structure - we simply cannot compete when it comes to luring players to us. Anyone half decent is going to command significantly more. I would be interested to see where we are in wage budget terms, but its got to be low down. And before anyone says anything- the owner is a multi-millionaire, however ethically that was achieved - so the lack of significant investment simply shows there is no ambition and probably not a lot of care if we drop to league 1 or otherwise.

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:21 - Jul 29 with 3742 viewsmickeyjb

Small squad, injuries, illnesses, 4-0 down 'it's only pre season' on 16:04 - Jul 29 by itfcjoe

Niall Ennis isn't more highly rated than Dozzell

Prior to his injury mid way through last season he certainly was. We love dozzell because we are Ipswich, dozzell is a great player but is he ready to have the pressure we will put on him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024