Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flynn Downes 18:52 - Jul 29 with 14584 viewsITFCMonk

Aparently looked well out of his depth today, Micks new favourite?
Flynn Downes on 18:53 - Jul 29 with 12426 viewsuefacup81

Far from it. One of the few players to come out of today with any credit.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Flynn Downes on 18:54 - Jul 29 with 12419 viewsFreddies_Ears

He was a raw kid today. But Skuse isn't even half fit, and the rest of our CM are sick or injured.
Flynn Downes on 19:01 - Jul 29 with 12362 viewsSimonds92

Based on col u the other night he looks like exactly the same type of player as hyam. I think he's one of those players mick loves and can do a job but not exceptional.
Flynn Downes on 19:26 - Jul 29 with 12222 viewstitanicclown

Central midfield is Mick's achilles heel imo. Mick has had strong defences, strong attacks and good wingers in his time but has consistently got CM wrong.
CM must want the ball and have the skill to do something with it.
I havent seen Downes yet but we have possibly the best young ball playing CM in the country in Dozzell but a manager who confuses the role of a central midfielder with one of a centre half. I fear for Dozzell - we should be building a team around him.
Flynn Downes on 19:27 - Jul 29 with 12211 viewsclive_baker

Flynn Downes on 18:53 - Jul 29 by uefacup81

Far from it. One of the few players to come out of today with any credit.

He was awful! I'm not going to judge a player on 1 appearance but by anyone's standards he was shockingly today. Countless under hit crossfield passes and dallied on the ball far too often.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 19:29]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Flynn Downes on 19:28 - Jul 29 with 12203 viewssuffolkpoker

Flynn Downes on 19:26 - Jul 29 by titanicclown

Central midfield is Mick's achilles heel imo. Mick has had strong defences, strong attacks and good wingers in his time but has consistently got CM wrong.
I havent seen Downes yet but we have possibly the best young ball playing CM in the country in Dozzell but a manager who confuses the role of a central midfielder with one of a centre half. I fear for Dozzell - we should be building a team around him.

Dozell has said he in the past he is not of a number 4 centre mid.

MM just plays him further forward than with England or our own academy.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Flynn Downes on 19:58 - Jul 29 with 12114 viewstitanicclown

Flynn Downes on 19:28 - Jul 29 by suffolkpoker

Dozell has said he in the past he is not of a number 4 centre mid.

MM just plays him further forward than with England or our own academy.

Sorry I just dont agree with that at all. Dozzell has the rare ability to dictate the pace of games and has a passing speed and range that is genuinely special.
Picking up the ball from the back four and running the show is his role. He just needs a manager who will trust him enough and forgive him enough to develop into the international player he has the potential to be.
For all his strengths that manager isnt Mick Mcarthy and for me Dozzell is more important to ITFC's future than Mick.
Flynn Downes on 02:38 - Jul 30 with 11727 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Jesus, thought we'd at least wait until his professional debut to start slagging another of our youngsters off

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Flynn Downes on 08:57 - Jul 30 with 11483 viewschristiand

You're going to get these inconsistencies with youngsters, they are still finding their level in the professional game. People forget it is a huge step up playing youth football and now men's football - the physicality and pace. We have to be patient. Unfortunately, this is one of the downfalls of youth in the side. Sounds like the senior pros didn't cover themselves in glory either and they are meant to be the bedrock of the team.

This week is going to be very interesting, but I'm really not expecting much to happen regarding transfers. However, the amount of our players that are either injured, suffering from illness or just undercooked due to lack of game time is a real concern going into the new season.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Flynn Downes on 09:06 - Jul 30 with 11456 viewsnoitan

Flynn Downes on 02:38 - Jul 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Jesus, thought we'd at least wait until his professional debut to start slagging another of our youngsters off

It really is pathetic isn't it.

Curlew

Flynn Downes on 12:49 - Jul 30 with 11267 viewsWickets

Welcome to the club that have been saying this for 3 years or more! we need a passing centre midfield who is comfortable on the ball,
Flynn Downes on 12:58 - Jul 30 with 11230 viewsbournemouthblue

Mick clearly favours having two stoppers in the middle and it's certainly at the expense of our creativity

Diagouraga was a far better footballer than Skuse but MM has favoured Skusey because he's better defensively

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Flynn Downes on 13:00 - Jul 30 with 11217 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Flynn Downes on 02:38 - Jul 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

It's incredible isn't it

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Flynn Downes on 13:02 - Jul 30 with 11212 viewsLankHenners

Flynn Downes on 12:58 - Jul 30 by bournemouthblue

Mick clearly favours having two stoppers in the middle and it's certainly at the expense of our creativity

Diagouraga was a far better footballer than Skuse but MM has favoured Skusey because he's better defensively

Diagouraga was a bad player. Looked promising to start with but then turned into a less mobile Skuse with about half of the ability.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Flynn Downes on 18:17 - Jul 30 with 10992 viewsPilgrimblue

Flynn Downes on 19:27 - Jul 29 by clive_baker

He was awful! I'm not going to judge a player on 1 appearance but by anyone's standards he was shockingly today. Countless under hit crossfield passes and dallied on the ball far too often.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 19:29]

He didn't stand a chance with so many off form yesterday. Previous games he looked good when others were performing so I think you're judging him too early.
Flynn Downes on 19:45 - Jul 30 with 10839 viewsNazemariner

He's only in the team because of all the absentees. And by all reputable accounts (I include MM in that) he's stepped up to the plate.

We will line up 4-4-2 with Skuse and Dozzell in the middle, before a disastrous opening 15 minutes sees us switch to 4-3-3 with Ward moving inside.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2017 19:46]
Flynn Downes on 08:02 - Jul 31 with 10603 viewsRadlett_blue

I must have missed most of the "good wingers".
Apart from Tom Lawrence, it's hard to think of one who has been a success here under Mick, despite umpteen attempts.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Flynn Downes on 08:13 - Jul 31 with 10576 viewstitanicclown

Flynn Downes on 08:02 - Jul 31 by Radlett_blue

I must have missed most of the "good wingers".
Apart from Tom Lawrence, it's hard to think of one who has been a success here under Mick, despite umpteen attempts.

Lawrence and Fraser? Thats two but to thr best of my knowledge Mick has never had a successful ball playing CM in his whole managerial career let alone just with us.
Flynn Downes on 09:10 - Jul 31 with 10519 viewsMichael11

The boy is 18 years old! Give him a chance to settle and find his feet. I'd prefer to see us languishing in mid table with 3 or 4 home grown players than with Douglas, Coke etc any day!

Poll: Do you have a renewed optimism after recent signings/Evans opening his wallet?

Flynn Downes on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 10463 viewsRadlett_blue

Flynn Downes on 09:10 - Jul 31 by Michael11

The boy is 18 years old! Give him a chance to settle and find his feet. I'd prefer to see us languishing in mid table with 3 or 4 home grown players than with Douglas, Coke etc any day!

"languishing in mid table" would be a considerable improvement on last season. I would be happy with that if we were also trying to play better football & showing some signs of team development around younger players.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Flynn Downes on 09:51 - Jul 31 with 10454 viewshadleighboyblue

Flynn Downes on 12:58 - Jul 30 by bournemouthblue

Skuse is too lightweight for the job he is meant to do
Flynn Downes on 10:10 - Jul 31 with 10415 viewsPilgrimblue

Flynn Downes on 09:51 - Jul 31 by hadleighboyblue

Skuse is too lightweight for the job he is meant to do

and too slow, in fact he's really a defender. The best teams have mobile mids that can help out defence and attack but MM's way is to load up defence and hoof up to forwards resulting in the rest of midfield not knowing where to play (apart from watching the ball go over their heads).
From what i've seen FD is more box to box than defensive so while we're waiting (yet again!) for injuries to clear up, I'd play Flynn with Dozzel Bru and Rowe or Ward.
Flynn Downes on 10:30 - Jul 31 with 10371 viewshadleighboyblue

Flynn Downes on 10:10 - Jul 31 by Pilgrimblue

and too slow, in fact he's really a defender. The best teams have mobile mids that can help out defence and attack but MM's way is to load up defence and hoof up to forwards resulting in the rest of midfield not knowing where to play (apart from watching the ball go over their heads).
From what i've seen FD is more box to box than defensive so while we're waiting (yet again!) for injuries to clear up, I'd play Flynn with Dozzel Bru and Rowe or Ward.

Midfielders are an important part of the team , often having a big influence on the game by their play .

Skuse never does enough to influence a game , he just chugs along without really doing anything significant , you need more than that from a midfielder that plays every week .
Flynn Downes on 15:18 - Jul 31 with 10240 viewsHarryWright

Flynn Downes on 10:30 - Jul 31 by hadleighboyblue

Midfielders are an important part of the team , often having a big influence on the game by their play .

Skuse never does enough to influence a game , he just chugs along without really doing anything significant , you need more than that from a midfielder that plays every week .

I'm with ya bud, Skuse is so overrated it's frightening. You have to get on the ball otherwise it's like playing with 10 men whilst attacking.
Flynn Downes on 18:47 - Jul 31 with 10110 viewsjudespiveyg

Flynn Downes on 13:02 - Jul 30 by LankHenners

Diagouraga was a bad player. Looked promising to start with but then turned into a less mobile Skuse with about half of the ability.

Half of zero is still zero.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024