Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eight years ago today the great man died 08:16 - Jul 31 with 1897 viewsSir_Bob

A great, great man sorely missed by the whole of the footballing community.

Such a sad day, I remember finding out, just like it was yesterday.
Eight years ago today the great man died on 08:18 - Jul 31 with 1891 viewsitfcjoe

RIP Sir Bob.

I heard it from someone and was working near Portman Road and wandered over to his statue where tributes were starting to be laid - a truly great man.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Forever Young, I want to be forever young! on 10:04 - Jul 31 with 1802 viewsPendejo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Robson

Respect to those loyal Blues born after the Robson Era, I salute you. Clearly, I was a glory hunting band wagon jumper by becoming an Ipswich fan during the Robson era... except Ipswich were never that well supported, certainly not as well supported as they should have been thru the era. But I would very much like to relive the 76-82 period... I want to be forever young!

RIP

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Eight years ago today the great man died on 10:11 - Jul 31 with 1775 viewsPJH

A wonderful man who was held in high regard by so many within the game and the followers of the teams that he graced with his presence.

Those of us that lived through his ITFC years were privileged.
The other Robson statues... on 10:17 - Jul 31 with 1758 viewsPendejo

Forever Young, I want to be forever young! on 10:04 - Jul 31 by Pendejo

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Robson

Respect to those loyal Blues born after the Robson Era, I salute you. Clearly, I was a glory hunting band wagon jumper by becoming an Ipswich fan during the Robson era... except Ipswich were never that well supported, certainly not as well supported as they should have been thru the era. But I would very much like to relive the 76-82 period... I want to be forever young!

RIP

Most know of this one

But what about this one

A Portuguese colleague told me that Porto had also made a statue of him, only spent a few years with them. what an impact!

uberima fides

Eight years ago today the great man died on 10:27 - Jul 31 with 1736 viewsPendejo

Eight years ago today the great man died on 08:18 - Jul 31 by itfcjoe

RIP Sir Bob.

I heard it from someone and was working near Portman Road and wandered over to his statue where tributes were starting to be laid - a truly great man.

Due to the depths of the recession post banking meltdown, I was on a reduced week [3 instead of 5 days a week - at that time] and was at home logged onto TWTD when I saw the first RIPs, then started getting the texts.

Went to Ipswich at first opportunity to sign the book and visit the statue, absolutely wonderful to find that people had traveled from all over the country to pay tribute, and not just Ipswich fans.

uberima fides

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024