Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shefki, Walters, Murphy 10:16 - Jul 31 with 1612 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

For the last decade or so, we have had a big forward player who has an amazing work ethic and puts himself around making life difficult for the opposition.

All of the above players came to us with a questionable goal scoring record and with a point to prove.

...I haven't seen Joe Garner play yet, are there signs that he could fit into the mould of these past cult heroes?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 1582 viewsitfcjoe

Yes for me, I've only seen him a couple of times but he really puts himself a bout and will be a player defenders hate playing against as he's a nasty little buggar too

Need a few 'winners' in the squad, who would run over their Granny to get the win and he certainly looks like one

Not the biggest, but good in the air, and makes himself enough of a nuisance that the defenders have a free shot to just head it back 25 yards and clear the danger

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:20 - Jul 31 with 1583 viewschristiand

Joe Garner isn't a big man, isn't he 5'9''? I was speaking to a few Forest fans recently. They think he'll be a good signing for us and he certainly works hard for the team, but a target man he ain't!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 10:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:25 - Jul 31 with 1529 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:20 - Jul 31 by christiand

Joe Garner isn't a big man, isn't he 5'9''? I was speaking to a few Forest fans recently. They think he'll be a good signing for us and he certainly works hard for the team, but a target man he ain't!
[Post edited 31 Jul 2017 10:24]

I wasn't suggesting he was a target man. I was more thinking about his physical style of play.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:32 - Jul 31 with 1505 viewschristiand

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:25 - Jul 31 by Marshalls_Mullet

I wasn't suggesting he was a target man. I was more thinking about his physical style of play.

I think he'll be good for us. Out of the three strikers we have I'm quite happy with what they all offer. Could MM start all 3 on Saturday? I'd like to see Garner with Sears up top with McGoldrick behind them both playing clever balls through and bringing others into play. Still think we need another striking option from the bench though.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:33 - Jul 31 with 1496 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 10:32 - Jul 31 by christiand

I think he'll be good for us. Out of the three strikers we have I'm quite happy with what they all offer. Could MM start all 3 on Saturday? I'd like to see Garner with Sears up top with McGoldrick behind them both playing clever balls through and bringing others into play. Still think we need another striking option from the bench though.

All good players.

Am a particular fan of Sears when he is played in the correct position.

Could do with one more though.

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 11:10 - Jul 31 with 1420 viewsCurrie10

Throw in Alan Lee to that!
Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 11:50 - Jul 31 with 1367 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Shefki, Walters, Murphy on 11:10 - Jul 31 by Currie10

Throw in Alan Lee to that!

And going back before then Steve Whitton

Poll: Our final position

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024