Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence 16:14 - Aug 1 with 6212 viewsRudyard83

That guy who got us all excited about a new striker yesterday,has just tweeted that Derby have offered £7 million for Lawrence, and it was rejected. Although he's a good player, Lawrence is definitely not worth that amount.
Football is very quickly going mad...
on 16:16 - Aug 1 with 6170 views_

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:17 - Aug 1 with 6143 viewsLimitlessBlue

on 16:16 - Aug 1 by _

i'll have a bet with you!

Poll: So 2 wins out of 2 are you now.....

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:20 - Aug 1 with 6100 viewsHipsterectomy

The Championship has gone the way of the Premiership in that soon you will have a top 6 rotation of teams who keep going up and down.

I think our time is up.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:23 - Aug 1 with 6044 viewsRadlett_blue

If Britt Assombalonga is worth £14m, £7m is not unreasonable for Lawrence. Yet more evidence that Evans will see & confirm that he has nowhere near the appetite to have a real promotion push.
Yes, Huddersfield did it without splashing too much cash, but that's becoming increasingly rare.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

on 16:24 - Aug 1 with 6030 views_

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:17 - Aug 1 by LimitlessBlue

i'll have a bet with you!

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:27 - Aug 1 with 5953 viewswkj

A lot of players are not worth what they fetch in fees - but given Tom's potential and performance last year, I would rate him closer to 7-8m than some of the other transfers this summer around that figure

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:31 - Aug 1 with 5894 viewsPJH

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:27 - Aug 1 by wkj

A lot of players are not worth what they fetch in fees - but given Tom's potential and performance last year, I would rate him closer to 7-8m than some of the other transfers this summer around that figure

This was discussed the other day, sort of.
I think £7m or £8m is about right for Lawrence in the market as it is.
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:34 - Aug 1 with 5844 viewswkj

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:31 - Aug 1 by PJH

This was discussed the other day, sort of.
I think £7m or £8m is about right for Lawrence in the market as it is.

Indeed - I have no doubt in my mind if Mick was given a £20m warchest to reinvigorate the squad, Tom Lawrence would have been high up on his list - I wouldn't have baulked at 8m

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:36 - Aug 1 with 5815 viewsOsborneOneNil

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:23 - Aug 1 by Radlett_blue

If Britt Assombalonga is worth £14m, £7m is not unreasonable for Lawrence. Yet more evidence that Evans will see & confirm that he has nowhere near the appetite to have a real promotion push.
Yes, Huddersfield did it without splashing too much cash, but that's becoming increasingly rare.

Indeed. You need some astute purchases (good scouting), a skilled manager who is willing to take risks, and a slice of luck.
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:45 - Aug 1 with 5688 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Id expect him to go for £10m (inc add ons).

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:47 - Aug 1 with 5652 viewsIllinoisblue

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:23 - Aug 1 by Radlett_blue

8m or 9m seems reasonable for Lawrence in today's insane market.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:07 - Aug 1 with 5485 viewsSuperfrans

He's easily worth £7m. 11 goals in a poor team is a superb return in the Championship.

It would be appalling if he wasn't playing first team football somewhere this coming season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:33 - Aug 1 with 5272 viewschristiand

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:20 - Aug 1 by Hipsterectomy

The Championship has gone the way of the Premiership in that soon you will have a top 6 rotation of teams who keep going up and down.

I think our time is up.

Yep think they'll be mini leagues within the Championship, like the current Premier League - Your top 6 Hipsterectomy, those scraping from 7th- 15th and 16th and below just trying to avoid relegation to League 1.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:36 - Aug 1 with 5217 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Football went mad a long time ago. I'd pay £7m for Lawrence - he'd be one of Derby's better signings I expect.
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:42 - Aug 1 with 5145 viewsyorkshire

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 16:20 - Aug 1 by Hipsterectomy

I think our time is up.

Tell that to Blackpool, Portsmouth and Wigan

Not sure on the stats but I bet you a lot more than 6 clubs have been going up and down for the past 10 seasons and will probably continue to do so
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:45 - Aug 1 with 5097 viewsjas0999

Probably not, but players are worth what clubs are prepared to pay. Championship clubs generally pay higher fees now and move with the times. Some don't.
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 18:26 - Aug 1 with 4784 viewsWestSussexBlue

Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 17:45 - Aug 1 by jas0999

Probably not, but players are worth what clubs are prepared to pay. Championship clubs generally pay higher fees now and move with the times. Some don't.

Hit the nail on the head, Football now is what teams value a player at, not necessarily what he's worth.
Unfortunately the majority of teams are now better off than us so aren't unduly worried if their paying over the odds.
Derby offer £7 million for Lawrence on 18:32 - Aug 1 with 4734 viewstextbackup

He had serious quality around him last season making him look better, Douglas, skuse, Knudsen to name a few

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024