Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neymar Fee 16:56 - Aug 2 with 6070 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

There is a lot of talk about the fee being obscene, but it does seem like a special case;

1. Qatar owners want a bit of good PR which they can gain through PSG.
2. The Qatar world cup is in 5 years.... doesnt do any harm having possibly the most high profile (and most expensive) player in the world at their pet club.

I think only PSG could justify the move.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Neymar Fee on 17:09 - Aug 2 with 6021 viewshype313

Barca were a bit naive thinking no one would ever trigger that clause, especially given how much money is being washed in football, I mean football is awash with...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Neymar Fee on 17:13 - Aug 2 with 6006 viewsdavblue

Neymar Fee on 17:09 - Aug 2 by hype313

Barca were a bit naive thinking no one would ever trigger that clause, especially given how much money is being washed in football, I mean football is awash with...

Jose was right Pogba looks cheap now.

Neymar is good but he's nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level.
Neymar Fee on 17:21 - Aug 2 with 5975 viewshype313

Neymar Fee on 17:13 - Aug 2 by davblue

Jose was right Pogba looks cheap now.

Neymar is good but he's nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level.

Think that is why he wants to leave, so he is the main man and not in the shadow of Messi, but if he is it's because Messi is the better player.

Going to the French league will be dull as dishwater for him, now Monaco have been pillaged, it is a one horse race.

Neymar Fee on 17:31 - Aug 2 with 5943 viewsdavblue

Neymar Fee on 17:21 - Aug 2 by hype313

Think that is why he wants to leave, so he is the main man and not in the shadow of Messi, but if he is it's because Messi is the better player.

Going to the French league will be dull as dishwater for him, now Monaco have been pillaged, it is a one horse race.

If he was properly serious about Ballon dor he would have come
To the premiership if someone would pay the money. United or City would be the only ones I would have thought.
Neymar Fee on 18:00 - Aug 2 with 5881 viewsBerlinBlue

It is obscene, nearly 200 million for one player? If it goes through, it'll set a precedent and it won't be long til another club spends even more on a player. A transfer fee cap wouldn't be a bad idea.
I remember being flabbergasted when Shearer went to Newcastle for 15 million!
Neymar Fee on 18:29 - Aug 2 with 5840 viewstractorboy1978

Quite. There is clearly more going on than simply a move to PSG and I am sure he is going to be compensated with an extortionate sum of money.
Neymar Fee on 20:32 - Aug 2 with 5705 viewsCoastalblue

Neymar Fee on 18:00 - Aug 2 by BerlinBlue

It is obscene, nearly 200 million for one player? If it goes through, it'll set a precedent and it won't be long til another club spends even more on a player. A transfer fee cap wouldn't be a bad idea.

I still remember the Trevor Francis transfer and how crazy that seemed.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Neymar Fee on 20:40 - Aug 2 with 5690 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Neymar Fee on 18:00 - Aug 2 by BerlinBlue

Zidane was the first one I was shocked by, I was about 10 at the time.

The funny thing is, even with the massive change in transfer fees, £11m for Jeffers still beggars belief.

Poll: Best Football Song

Login to get fewer ads

Neymar Fee on 21:12 - Aug 2 with 5647 viewsEly_Blue

Interesting they were talking about the fee on 5 live tonight when I was driving home from work and they reckon that the shirt sales, extra sponsorship revenues both from standard and kit sponsors along with extra TV deals will cover the transfer fee and allow them to stay within FFP, seems that PSG have fully costed this move for what it is worth

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Neymar Fee on 21:18 - Aug 2 with 5631 viewshype313

Neymar Fee on 21:12 - Aug 2 by Ely_Blue

Interesting they were talking about the fee on 5 live tonight when I was driving home from work and they reckon that the shirt sales, extra sponsorship revenues both from standard and kit sponsors along with extra TV deals will cover the transfer fee and allow them to stay within FFP, seems that PSG have fully costed this move for what it is worth

I genuinely don't think they give a sh1t about the cost. Paul Hayward wrote a decent piece about the fact that Qatar have been ostracised in the region by four of their neighbours and they want some good news Eminating and taking the heat away from that.

Not sure spunking £200m is the best PR in the world, but if it takes it away from the political spectrum then that's why they are probably doing it.

Also hey are so awash with money, shirt sales merchandise and sponsorship is irrelevant to them, when they have the state funding them.

Neymar Fee on 21:24 - Aug 2 with 5615 viewsolimar

And there was plenty of talk about Messis buy-out clause being sprung a couple of years ago. If someone had spent £250m on Messi, I dont think Id see that as obscene, even prior to this deal.
I mean, hes surely worth anything.

For PSG they will probably find a return on this investment through sponsorship etc that will justify a big chunk of it. Im not sure how they square it with FFP though- but thats a topic thats been ignored for too long already at PSG.
Neymar Fee on 21:40 - Aug 2 with 5579 viewsCoco

Neymar Fee on 20:32 - Aug 2 by Coastalblue

I still remember the Trevor Francis transfer and how crazy that seemed.

Remember coming home from school, flicking on the teletext and seeing Andy Cole going for 7 million. 7 MILLION! I was shocked to the core.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Neymar Fee on 09:50 - Aug 3 with 5409 viewsNo9

Aren't Barca desperate for the money?
Neymar Fee on 09:58 - Aug 3 with 5393 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Neymar Fee on 17:31 - Aug 2 by davblue

If he was properly serious about Ballon dor he would have come
To the premiership if someone would pay the money. United or City would be the only ones I would have thought.

A) that would require a Premier League team paying the fee, he can't just move to the Premiership. As far as I'm aware no PL teams have made such an offer

B) why would moving here improve his chances? The last English based player to win the award was Ronaldo in 2008 and we've not had a player in the top 3 since. I would argue that his chances at higher at PSG - if he leads them to success in the Champions League and scores a shedload of domestic goals (which you assume he will) he'd be firmly in the running

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Neymar Fee on 10:21 - Aug 3 with 5362 viewsKropotkin123

I'm just glad I got my fantasy football team sorted early this year. The fees thrown around this summer would have ruined me.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Neymar Fee on 10:45 - Aug 3 with 5334 viewsRadlett_blue

PSG can "justify the move" & the idiotic fee & wages purely because they are living off Qatari largesse. This sums up everything that's wrong with modern football.
Don't get me started on having the World Cup in Qatar. I still sincerely hope it doesn't happen.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Neymar Fee on 12:37 - Aug 3 with 5275 viewsStokieBlue

Getting messy now though:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

La Liga have rejected the money saying it's against FFP.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Neymar Fee on 12:43 - Aug 3 with 5254 viewswkj

Neymar Fee on 12:37 - Aug 3 by StokieBlue

Getting messy now though:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40814854

La Liga have rejected the money saying it's against FFP.

SB

This could have profound ripples if this sticks - I mean... "What's a contract" if it does no? Barca rolled the dice... they put in a £198m clause thinking it would never be met... it was... and they dislike it

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Neymar Fee on 21:23 - Aug 5 with 5168 viewsdavblue

Neymar Fee on 09:58 - Aug 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A) that would require a Premier League team paying the fee, he can't just move to the Premiership. As far as I'm aware no PL teams have made such an offer

B) why would moving here improve his chances? The last English based player to win the award was Ronaldo in 2008 and we've not had a player in the top 3 since. I would argue that his chances at higher at PSG - if he leads them to success in the Champions League and scores a shedload of domestic goals (which you assume he will) he'd be firmly in the running

That was stipulated in my post if a prem team wanted him.

So the French league is as good as the premiership then? And the last Player to win in playing in France was? 1991 Papin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024