Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure 18:22 - Aug 3 with 13580 viewsJackSted

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/help-save-braintree-town-fc?source=twitte

Although I'm a die-hard Ipswich fan it is sad to see this happening to my local team. Please sign this petition and prevent the club from closing :)

Why is this important?

Braintree Town FC has been in dialogue with Braintree District Council for nearly 10 years on relocating to a new stadium. With planning applications refused and a new community stadium removed from the local plan, the club has so far been unable to garner support from the local authority for relocation.

Recently the council have released the proposals for the next local plan for housing developments this includes land owned by the council adjacent to the Ironmongery Direct Stadium. This land is currently leased to the football club by the council with the lease due to expire in 2030 The land is currently used as a training pitch used by the first and reserve teams, and also the car park for users of the stadium and social club.

If the land is developed for housing not only will the club lose its training ground and car park but also access to the turnstile block used for away fans when the ground is segregated. The club will have to find alternative arrangements for training, and users of the stadium will be forced to park in neighbouring residential streets.

This would all mean that there is a very real chance that the club wouldn't be unable to continue to operate at their current home, and with no support for relocation the very existence of the club is under threat.

Please sign this petition so that a football club that has been in existence since 1889 can continue.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2017 19:31]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:15 - Aug 3 with 12408 viewsPauls_Cr0wn_Jewells

Sad news. Petition signed

Poll: Offer Bishop a new contract now?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:22 - Aug 3 with 12389 viewsVic

Signed

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:31 - Aug 3 with 12360 viewsFifeITFC

Signed.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:33 - Aug 3 with 12354 viewstiptreeblue

Signed
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 20:16 - Aug 3 with 12268 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Signed

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 20:19 - Aug 3 with 12251 viewsGlasgowBlue

Signed. My eldest boy played a couple of games for them.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/share/y6etfoFEKDBviZr2PqyluHvdfDCvSzrXDC7y4vZ56SV
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 11:13]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 20:25 - Aug 3 with 12234 viewsRedWhiteAndBLUE

My local team. Signed.
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 20:25 - Aug 3 with 12231 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Signed
Login to get fewer ads

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 22:02 - Aug 3 with 12102 viewsbackwaywhen

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 20:25 - Aug 3 by BtreeBlueBlood

Signed

Signed
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 22:17 - Aug 3 with 12082 viewsbobwya

Signed
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 22:37 - Aug 3 with 12057 viewspointofblue

Signed - hopefully the campaign will work!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 07:38 - Aug 4 with 11897 viewshoppy

Signed.

We've also had youngsters of our own on loan there, haven't we, so hope this campaign is successful.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 07:54 - Aug 4 with 11888 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Signed, Braintree, well Bocking, born and bred!
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 08:12 - Aug 4 with 11872 viewswitchdoctor

also signed....if only to save quaint name of the stadium.....😂😂
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 16:30 - Aug 4 with 11534 viewsSwn98

Signed and good luck.
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 16:48 - Aug 4 with 11523 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Played there a few times back when I was half decent and still played locally. Lovely playing surface, but always a sod to play against given the distance and the fact we would tend to lose there more often than not.

Signed and good luck as these clubs are ones that really need to keep going to give locals some sport to watch and to give young lads local clubs to play for (and men the chance to carrying on playing)
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 17:33 - Aug 4 with 11501 viewswkj

Signed... We must do our part to help the fold of Braintree not become Chelsea supporters... Like the Harwich population
[Post edited 4 Aug 2017 18:10]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:27 - Aug 4 with 11451 viewsRyorry

Signed, g'luck.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 08:02 - Aug 6 with 10899 viewsimsureazzure

Signed, always had a feeling for Braintree, probably due to successful nights at the Barn.
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 17:47 - Aug 6 with 10773 viewsChondzoresk

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 08:02 - Aug 6 by imsureazzure

Signed, always had a feeling for Braintree, probably due to successful nights at the Barn.

Done and shared on my FB page where others have also signed it.
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 00:25 - Aug 7 with 10689 viewsbournemouthblue

Signed

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 09:05 - Aug 7 with 10615 viewsITFC1983

Hadn't been able to until now, but have signed and so has my wife. :)

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 13:00 - Aug 7 with 10539 viewsjrobot

Signed. Good luck.
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 19:01 - Aug 7 with 10445 viewsclogger

signed!
Petition to save Braintree Town FC from closure on 10:59 - Aug 11 with 9917 viewsCrawfordsboot

I am torn as to whether to sign this since I am a lifelong football enthusiast, having played into my fifties and subsequently coached. I am a lifelong Town fan. However i if we reflect on it then the local community, through their elected representatives, have decided that they do not particularly wish to have a football club in their midst. If that is the case then what right do others from outside their community have to tell them otherwise?

However you look at it there are too many professional and semi professional teams in the English system. When travel was difficult 92 professional clubs made some sort of sense but I am not sure that it does any longer.

Nostalgia is comforting but sometimes things have to move on. I hope the local community decide to support the club but It is not for me to tell them what to do.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024