Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick's business 06:47 - Aug 7 with 6473 viewsKeaneish

With the imminent signings of Waghorn and Barnes (without wanting to put the kiss of death on either deal), it looks like our business is all but done. Have to say I've been impressed with the way we've gone about our business this summer and who we've brought in. With the emergence of a few youth players in Downes and Nydam there's a real cause for optimism with this squad now.

Good options up front, an almost embarrassment of riches in central midfield and solid competition across the back and at full back / wing back.

Big seasons for Webster, Bishop and McG in particular. If they can find some form and we continue to keep the ball on the deck, have to say, for the first time in years, I'm actually looking forward to seeing a Mick side play.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] テつ」2.65 Million and Waiting?

Mick's business on 06:50 - Aug 7 with 6423 viewsITFCBlues

Boooo Mick out, he's a dinosaur....boooo

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Mick's business on 06:50 - Aug 7 with 6426 viewsJohnhoz

Yep. There's a positive feel about things at the moment.

Based on Saturday, Iorfa looks like a decent addition, too.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Mick's business on 06:58 - Aug 7 with 6385 viewsBenters

Mick's business on 06:50 - Aug 7 by ITFCBlues

Boooo Mick out, he's a dinosaur....boooo

Something had to be done after last seasons balls up.

Hopefully ME and MM have finally listened to the fans and thought why have so many became bored with it all?

Lets hope it carries on like Saturday,and we have a great season.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Mick's business on 07:01 - Aug 7 with 6368 viewsITFCBlues

Mick's business on 06:58 - Aug 7 by Benters

Hopefully ME and MM have finally listened to the fans and thought why have so many became bored with it all?

It was more that this time last week Keanish was bemoaning the fact Mick was in charge and now all of a sudden he's looking forward to his side playing.

Very fickle!

Mick's business (n/t) on 07:03 - Aug 7 with 6347 viewsJon_456

[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 7:27]
Mick's business on 07:20 - Aug 7 with 6248 viewsBenters

Mick's business on 07:01 - Aug 7 by ITFCBlues

It was more that this time last week Keanish was bemoaning the fact Mick was in charge and now all of a sudden he's looking forward to his side playing.

Very fickle!

'One Swallow does not a summer make'.

I cant comment on what he said .

Gentlybentley

Mick's business on 07:27 - Aug 7 with 6184 viewsitfcjoe

Mick's business on 07:20 - Aug 7 by Benters

'One Swallow does not a summer make'.

I cant comment on what he said .

Doesn't normally stop you

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Mick's business on 07:30 - Aug 7 with 6160 viewsBenters

Mick's business on 07:27 - Aug 7 by itfcjoe

Doesn't normally stop you

Someone's tired!

Gentlybentley

Login to get fewer ads

Mick's business on 07:48 - Aug 7 with 6039 viewsSwn98

Mick's business on 06:58 - Aug 7 by Benters

I don't think they needed to listen to the fans Mickma is not blind he did the best he could with what he had and managed to keep us up.
With Evans loosening the purse strings, this is the season MM will be Judged.
Mick's business on 07:48 - Aug 7 with 6043 viewschristiand

Waghorn would be an excellent signing for us. If Noone or Barnes are coming this will also prove good business too. Just hope MM is able to keep all the strikers - Sears, McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn and doesn't have to sell to balance the books. Feel we need four decent strikers at this level and all offer something different. 'IF' these last two signing are confirmed, then I'd have to say that MM has done very well this summer with his transfers and with Saturday's positive start and performance things are looking up at Portman Road. Think I'm getting a little optimism!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Mick's business on 08:33 - Aug 7 with 5867 viewsKeaneish

Mick's business on 07:01 - Aug 7 by ITFCBlues

Very fickle!

I think you tend to misread a lot of posts as you're blighted by those tinted specs. I haven't bemoaned Mick at all since the end of last season and i've always said i'd give him ten or twelve games this season to prove he has it in him to deliver what i and the vast majority want to see.

He's bought well and come out with an intent to play football and supplemented it with youth. That is what all of us who aren't sycophants or blind optimists have been asking for.

Nothing fickle about that.

Mick's business on 08:35 - Aug 7 with 5847 viewschambosleftboot

With Waghorn as well in the striking line up, whilst we have no top striker for 20 goals a season, you'd like to think we've now got a couple of players who can share enough of the goals between them.
Mick's business on 08:45 - Aug 7 with 5782 viewsArnieM

Mick's business on 07:48 - Aug 7 by christiand

Waghorn would be an excellent signing for us. If Noone or Barnes are coming this will also prove good business too. Just hope MM is able to keep all the strikers - Sears, McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn and doesn't have to sell to balance the books. Feel we need four decent strikers at this level and all offer something different. 'IF' these last two signing are confirmed, then I'd have to say that MM has done very well this summer with his transfers and with Saturday's positive start and performance things are looking up at Portman Road. Think I'm getting a little optimism!!!!

I agree with all you say . But what really anoys me is why has it taken 5 years of his tenure for Evans to support him to a meaningful level, and for MM himself to actually go for the "right type" of players?

Given the total lack of meaningful funding by Evans its hardly surprising MM has had to resort to such dour tactics and playing round pegs in square holes all the time.

Not sure what the betting is on Town being relegated , but might be worth a bet now as I can only see us being a "safe bet" for CC survival and better .

COYB's

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Mick's business on 08:45 - Aug 7 with 5779 viewsITFCBlues

Mick's business on 08:33 - Aug 7 by Keaneish

I think you tend to misread a lot of posts as you're blighted by those tinted specs. I haven't bemoaned Mick at all since the end of last season and i've always said i'd give him ten or twelve games this season to prove he has it in him to deliver what i and the vast majority want to see.

He's bought well and come out with an intent to play football and supplemented it with youth. That is what all of us who aren't sycophants or blind optimists have been asking for.

Nothing fickle about that.

So why we're you moaning so badly last week? We'd seen evidence during pre-season that were looking to get the ball down and that youngsters would play? Or was it the 6-1 friendly defeat that sent you over the edge?

I think Mick will make a lot of people look stupid this season. I've been as critical as anyone before but when it's all said and done, there is no better manager out there given our limited budget

Mick's business on 08:55 - Aug 7 with 5736 viewsKeaneish

Mick's business on 08:45 - Aug 7 by ITFCBlues

So why we're you moaning so badly last week? We'd seen evidence during pre-season that were looking to get the ball down and that youngsters would play? Or was it the 6-1 friendly defeat that sent you over the edge?

I think Mick will make a lot of people look stupid this season. I've been as critical as anyone before but when it's all said and done, there is no better manager out there given our limited budget

Moaning about what? I commented that a 6-1 defeat to a lower league team in the final pre-season game has major psychological repercussions and that Mick's comments lambasting the players before going into the Brum game are hardly ideal preparation - even if the correct course of avction. I think anyone in their right mind would agree with that.

We've got 3 points on the board, that's it. The defeat to Charlton hasn't disappeared because we won a game, it'll still be in people's minds. String a few more results together and it'll start to disappear from memory. Under perform and lose against Luton and it becomes very prevalent again.

I think that you need to hold on..... on 08:59 - Aug 7 with 5721 viewsBloots

Mick's business on 08:35 - Aug 7 by chambosleftboot

With Waghorn as well in the striking line up, whilst we have no top striker for 20 goals a season, you'd like to think we've now got a couple of players who can share enough of the goals between them.

....to Oliveira if you are going to make any sort of impact this season.

And it looks like he's already fallen out with Herr Flick.

Jerome is past it and Watkins definitely isn't a prolific goalscorer.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Mick's business on 09:08 - Aug 7 with 5652 viewschristiand

Mick's business on 08:45 - Aug 7 by ArnieM

I agree with all you say . But what really anoys me is why has it taken 5 years of his tenure for Evans to support him to a meaningful level, and for MM himself to actually go for the "right type" of players?

Given the total lack of meaningful funding by Evans its hardly surprising MM has had to resort to such dour tactics and playing round pegs in square holes all the time.

Not sure what the betting is on Town being relegated , but might be worth a bet now as I can only see us being a "safe bet" for CC survival and better .

COYB's

Arnie I was thinking exactly the same too. Many of us, if not all, would agree last season was poor and yes the squad needed an overhaul. ST sales down and a lot of us disgruntled with the club (me included) ITFC seemed at its lowest ebb for some time. ME has probably got the least amount of money to play with this season due to a number of reasons, however he has pulled his finger out and got a few signings in for MM. Why now, could he not of backed him earlier?
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 9:24]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I think that you need to hold on..... on 12:04 - Aug 7 with 5408 viewschambosleftboot

I think that you need to hold on..... on 08:59 - Aug 7 by Bloots

....to Oliveira if you are going to make any sort of impact this season.

And it looks like he's already fallen out with Herr Flick.

Jerome is past it and Watkins definitely isn't a prolific goalscorer.

Eh?

Although to answer your points, I don't think Jerome is past it, still quick, still strong, still picked up 16 goals last season (did anyone score more for ITFC last season?) Watkins isn't prolific although he did get 10 goals and 8 assists last season. Again, not sure how many bettered that here.
Interesting that you know how many goals...... on 12:09 - Aug 7 with 5385 viewsBloots

I think that you need to hold on..... on 12:04 - Aug 7 by chambosleftboot

Eh?

Although to answer your points, I don't think Jerome is past it, still quick, still strong, still picked up 16 goals last season (did anyone score more for ITFC last season?) Watkins isn't prolific although he did get 10 goals and 8 assists last season. Again, not sure how many bettered that here.

.....Jerome and Watkins got last year, but not how many the ITFC players got.

Keep it up sunbeam, it's funny.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024