Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' 12:33 - Aug 7 with 2563 viewswkj

I mean my post isn't quite as sexy as harry's posts... but this forum really is some entertaining reading regarding how Rangers sees waghorn.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/309560-waghorn-off-to-ipswich/?page=2

It seems a clear split that some are content with the deal and don't rate him, and others question where his 16 goals are going to come from - one even makes mention of the fact Garner is so far doing well for us.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2017 12:38]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 2475 viewsDyland

You're just a sh1t Harry Bathers, a sh1t Harry Baaaathers.

;-)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 12:43 - Aug 7 with 2401 viewsIllinoisblue

Good to see they have their version of goals that don't count:

I like Waghorn but his confidence has been shot for some time and that's a serious issue for a striker; I think it's reached the point of no return.

Thanks for your work in helping to get us back in the top flight, and good luck with whatever comes next Waggy.

If you take out his penalties and cup goals against lower division teams, both his goalscoring ratio and chance conversion just hasn't been up to scratch.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 12:48 - Aug 7 with 2299 viewschicoazul

Garner and Waghorn didnt play for Ranges though did they? If you think about it. Not the proper Rangers anyway. If someone would like to suggest that on their board I think it would go down well.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 12:50 - Aug 7 with 2267 viewsJ2BLUE

To be honest I couldn't care less what Rangers think about Garner or Waghorn. There's a great level of delusion with Rangers and Celtic fans about how tough the SPL really is. One of them says he's not good enough for the Scottish Prem but will be a good English Championship striker...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 13:04 - Aug 7 with 2136 viewsHarryfromBath

Scottish fans do a mean line in sarcasm in their forums and some of those comments are very amusing!

Sad man that I am, I did have a look to see what Wigan fans had been saying about him when he was there. In March 2014 he had joined the Latics on loan from Leicester with Uwe Rosler managing the team...

"I like Martyn Waghorn. I admire his energy and pace", "He makes some good runs and puts a lot of dangerous balls into the box. He finds good attacking positions." The 24-year-old Leicester loan signing, "has a lot of energy and gets stuck in."

"I'm very impressed with his corners. They are very threatening. The ones he swings in right under the crossbar always look like they will scare the keeper to death", "He plays very well off Nicky Maynard in the hole."

This was from September 2014, when Rosler had moved him to play in a wider role...

Former Leicester man Martyn Waghorn has featured regularly from the bench. The 24-year-old "is hard working, hungry and has an eye for goal", "He doesn't create enough and is wasted out wide, and is not quick or skilful enough to be a really effective wide striker or winger."

By January 2015, Malky Mackay had taken over and Waghorn was playing more centrally...

“Martyn Waghorn runs his socks off but isn’t a natural striker who will attack crosses.” The 24-year-old former Leicester man “had little chance to influence the Huddersfield game but never stopped trying”, “He’s another who gives his all and makes himself a nuisance but not a prolific goal scorer.”

Interesting to note that the comments Wigan fans were making seemed to echo those which Preston fans were making about Joey Garner. He looks to be another handful for defenders and someone who works hard and who could blossom with work on his finishing.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 13:09 - Aug 7 with 2072 viewsTheBlueBarca

Rangers on Waghorn: Not quite as sexy as 'Harryfrombath' on 12:50 - Aug 7 by J2BLUE

To be honest I couldn't care less what Rangers think about Garner or Waghorn. There's a great level of delusion with Rangers and Celtic fans about how tough the SPL really is. One of them says he's not good enough for the Scottish Prem but will be a good English Championship striker...

Murphy was rubbish at Celtic and great here, so we must be lower level.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024