Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... 11:46 - Aug 8 with 29856 viewshoppy

Morning all. I've had a message this morning from Freddies_ears with an idea...

How about we design a big get-well card for Andre from all on TWTD? I've been asked if I could do a design for the front, then we can collect messages from anyone that wants to send a message of encouragement here on twtd and then if we set a deadline to contribute by (I don't know when best, given people are on holidays etc - shall we say by the end of August, or sooner? - open to suggestions on that, Phil?).

I could then go into this thread to collate them all, to copy and paste into the get well card to get it printed up to send to Andre. It could be very, very big (or over a few pages if the number of wishes leant more towards a booklet than a card), and just might give him a little lift?

I think it's a good idea, and happy to sort it out.

It will be helpful if people could include the name they want to be associated with the message (either posting name, or actual name as some have done - doesn't matter either way) within the message area please, as it will make it easier for cutting and pasting. Thanks!

Phil/Gav, would you mind stickying this (and perhaps letting those that usually just go on the News Comments without coming on the forum know about it as well so that they can contribute as well)?

Thanks.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 20:45]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 11:55 - Aug 8 with 15346 viewschristiand

Terrific idea Hoppy and Freddie Ears!!! I'm going to set the ball rolling.....

Andre,

“Although you can't go back and make a brand new start, you can start from now and make a brand new ending.”

Good luck in your recovery and wishing you a speedy return!

Christian
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 17:39]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:09 - Aug 8 with 15279 viewstractorboy2000

A great idea that I'm sure everyone will get behind.

Wishing you a speedy recovery Andre, setbacks like this only make you stronger.

Cameron

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:10 - Aug 8 with 15272 viewsReuser_is_God

As nice as this idea is I just feel we'd have to do this for every player that gets a bad injury going forwards?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:21 - Aug 8 with 15230 viewsSuperfrans

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:10 - Aug 8 by Reuser_is_God

As nice as this idea is I just feel we'd have to do this for every player that gets a bad injury going forwards?

I know what you mean.

But... Andre is a different case though, isn't he? An extremely young player, debut (and debut goal) at 16, son of one of our all time legends - his name is written into the history of the club already, because of his dad.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:23 - Aug 8 with 15208 viewsSuperfrans

Great work Hoppy.

Hope you're fit and well very soon, Andre.
Looking forward to seeing you pull on that blue shirt again - and writing your own history at Ipswich Town, just like your dad. ;-)
Best wishes.
Martin
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 12:24]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:28 - Aug 8 with 15182 viewsITFC1983

Superb idea!

All the best for a quick recovery.
We know you will come back stronger and even more determined.
Adam, Lauren & Noah xx

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:36 - Aug 8 with 15136 viewsReuser_is_God

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:21 - Aug 8 by Superfrans

I know what you mean.

But... Andre is a different case though, isn't he? An extremely young player, debut (and debut goal) at 16, son of one of our all time legends - his name is written into the history of the club already, because of his dad.

I also know what you mean!

Tough one, doesn't bother me either way to be honest.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:46 - Aug 8 with 15084 viewsBurwell_Blue

He reads the forum, you could just post here.
Login to get fewer ads

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:49 - Aug 8 with 15054 viewsRyorry

Very best wishes Andre - rooting for you as much while you're out as when you're in the team - Ryorry.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:51 - Aug 8 with 15042 viewsThePitBoss

Can we draw him a pretty picture too? I have some glitter somewhere.

Ffs.
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:54 - Aug 8 with 15021 viewshype313

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:51 - Aug 8 by ThePitBoss

Ffs.

I'm surprised you didn't jump in the taxi with taxi.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 12:55 - Aug 8 with 15016 viewshoppy

Ffs.

Would you want to include the 'Ffs', or just the main part of the message?

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:07 - Aug 8 with 14955 viewsJ2BLUE

Ffs.

I doubt anyone is surprised you have glitter. Be true to yourself and you might be happier.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:16 - Aug 8 with 14908 viewsRudyard83

Hi Andre,
Devastating news about the injury, I really wish you the best in your recovery. You'll come back better and stronger after this. You've got your whole career ahead of you, so don't get too downhearted.
Good luck
-Rudyard83
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 9:13]
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:19 - Aug 8 with 14899 viewsSwailsey

Great idea, count me in!

I know when we did the Christmas collection a few years back it was well received by the club.

Here's mine:

"Andre, keep your chin up and you'll be back in the team before you know it. Wishing you well on your recovery from this horrible injury - chrisswailes"

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:25 - Aug 8 with 14873 viewswrightsrightglove

Andre,
Your first game in the premier league (hopefully with Ipswich,)
Your first goal in the prem,
Your full England debut,
Lifting plenty more trophies.
So many things to look forward to and focus on. Keep your chin up and come back stronger. Massive future ahead of you.
WrightsRightGlove
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:34 - Aug 8 with 14837 viewshoppy

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:16 - Aug 8 by Rudyard83

Hi Andre,
Devastating news about the injury, I really wish you the best in your recovery. You'll come back better and stronger after this. You've got your whole career ahead of you, so don't get too downhearted.
Good luck
-Rudyard83
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 9:13]

It will be helpful if people could include the name they want to be associated with the message (either posting name, or actual name as some have done - doesn't matter either way) within the message area please, as it will make it easier for cutting and pasting. such as...

Hi Andre,
Good luck
- Rudyard83

Thanks.

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:36 - Aug 8 with 14827 viewsclive_baker

"Andre, we're all really disappointed to see you get injured. Remember that disappointments and setbacks are ingredients in all great success stories, as yours will be. Keep your head up and keep smiling, you'll be back wearing that badge on your chest in no time".

CB

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:40 - Aug 8 with 14814 viewsPJH

Hi Andre

Best wishes for an as quick as possible recovery from your terrible injury.
Come back stronger and continue to make your Dad and all supporters of ITFC proud of you.

Paul
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 13:56 - Aug 8 with 14758 viewsstickymockwell

Ffs.

Could you change the I to MY on your avatar budgie?

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: Best left back in the last 10 years

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 14:05 - Aug 8 with 14736 viewsNfinley13

Horrible news about the injury, being only a few years older I know how it must feel being sidelined at such a promising age seems devastating. But I believe you will come back stronger than ever. Your talent will always be there, just another hurdle on the way to the top for you Andre.

Niall
Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 14:54 - Aug 8 with 14594 viewsmickeyjb

All the best to the lad.

Focus on your rehab and you will be back ready to play a major role for next season.

Our first new signing of the 18-19 season
He'll appreciate it you silly sod (n/t) on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 14551 viewsDyland

Ffs.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 15:20 - Aug 8 with 14511 viewsrickw

We'll miss you this season, but we are confident you can come back stronger and take the Championship by storm next year!

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Get well wishes to Andre from all at TWTD... on 16:27 - Aug 8 with 14393 viewsBluebell

Andre

You were one of our best players on Saturday before your injury. You are young and will recover sooner than most. You will come back stronger and better.

We are all proud of you as we were of your father.

I look forward to seeing you playing later on in the season as I am sure you will be fit long before the doctors have said you will.

Love Bluebell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024