Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ipswich Injuries. 12:25 - Aug 8 with 3484 viewsIpswichTownNL

At what point are we going to seriously look at our injury streak? It’s getting a bit ridiculous isn’t it? I mean. You can run bad regarding injuries. You can run terrible regarding injuries. You can run like absolute **** regarding injuries. And then you can run like Ipswich.

Seems like we are losing a player for months every other game. Seem to me our injury troubles the last three years are a bit too far away from standard deviation to just be chalked up to bad luck.

Now, I’m no doctor - obviously — but our boy Dozzell was playing in the U19s Euros Final on Saturday the 15th having only missed one game the entire summer. He was back playing for our U23 on the 26th. That is what? Max 10 days off football for a kid that is already struggling to physically compete with the rest. He then has to come in a huge pre-season for him since he hasn’t got much minutes last season and probably gave 200%.

Seems like our fitness staff can learn a thing or two about periodization.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Ipswich Injuries. on 12:45 - Aug 8 with 3401 viewsPhilTWTD

Andre had as much time off as the rest of the squad, actually a few days more as he went away with England a few days after pre-season training started here. His pre-season was effectively the Euros campaign and then a couple of games here.
Ipswich Injuries. on 12:53 - Aug 8 with 3348 viewshype313

Most clubs up and down the country have bad injury lists, but given the amount of football played these days it's hardly a surprise or unique to us.

Andre's injury was unfortunate, but you can't pin it on the club.

Also lots of our players have been out with illness, so it looks like we have lots on the treatment table when we haven't.

Have a look at Gerrards early career as a youngster, he had lots of time out with his body adjusting to the rigours of football.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ipswich Injuries. on 12:53 - Aug 8 with 3344 viewsRyorry

I'd be more concerned by AD not being taken off after he got the first bang to his knee on Saturday tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Ipswich Injuries. on 12:54 - Aug 8 with 3321 viewsBOjK

It's just variance.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2017 12:55]

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Ipswich Injuries. on 12:57 - Aug 8 with 3292 viewsbluefunk

AD's injury had nothing whatsoever to do with over playing, fatigue, lack of rest or the like. It was a simple tackle where he didnt hit the ball cleanly, catching it more towards his toe and thus "opening up" the knee - I said as he went down that it was serious injury and was amazed when he got up.

If you want to be critical, it was the decision to try to play on but that tackle could have happened to anyone
Ipswich Injuries. on 12:59 - Aug 8 with 3269 viewsbournemouthblue

We barely had any in our play-off season, it evens itself out ultimately?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Ipswich Injuries. on 13:03 - Aug 8 with 3237 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I dont think we have had a ridiculous amount of injuries at all. Very standard and as someone said above Dozzell's was nothing avoidable from the clubs point of view. Mick has eased him into the team along with Kenlock and co and against calls from some he's not playing them enough. Really cant win. Look at Man Utds injuries in the last few years. Its not like they havent got the best medical care. Players play a bit too much anyway but that wont change.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Ipswich Injuries. on 13:22 - Aug 8 with 3143 viewstheblueginger

An ACL injury is not something that is really related to fatigue, it can strike at any time.

The injury was probably inflicted on the first tackle, so the damage ws done by the time he tried to carry on.
Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:35 - Aug 8 with 3079 viewsRudyard83

Ipswich Injuries. on 14:20 - Aug 8 with 2998 viewsBasuco

pre-season injuries were mixed in with illness as well don't forget.
Ipswich Injuries. on 14:59 - Aug 8 with 2939 viewsDeano69

Ipswich Injuries. on 12:59 - Aug 8 by bournemouthblue

We barely had any in our play-off season, it evens itself out ultimately?

Quite telling too.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024