Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Even if we finish mid - lower table... 07:00 - Aug 9 with 1214 viewswkj

If we carry on like this, giving football a chance, having the young players break through when the squad is thin, and we dont sign any bandaid players like Coke etc... I will be happy for the season.

We wanted our youth to be given a chance, and we wanted a bit of investment, and we wanted a more pleasing style of football- and although probably not as much investment as we crave, we did get all three to the credit of the Marcus and Mick.

If the team pull together and play as a tight knit team and we dont panic into hoofball united after a bad loss, I think I am gonna be ok.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:44 - Aug 9 with 1088 viewsJon_456

The thing for me that's most refreshing is not having the likes of Douglas, toure, coke and other journeymen who aren't up to championship standard. The only players McCarthy can play are good capable players or youth players, it's brilliant.

There's only two decisions mick can make this year which would annoy me before kick off and that's chambers at right back, and pairing hyam and skuse at home.

And how great is it to have 4 decent strikers with a variety of style but all still fit into mccarthys style as well.
Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:51 - Aug 9 with 1068 viewswkj

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:44 - Aug 9 by Jon_456

The thing for me that's most refreshing is not having the likes of Douglas, toure, coke and other journeymen who aren't up to championship standard. The only players McCarthy can play are good capable players or youth players, it's brilliant.

There's only two decisions mick can make this year which would annoy me before kick off and that's chambers at right back, and pairing hyam and skuse at home.

And how great is it to have 4 decent strikers with a variety of style but all still fit into mccarthys style as well.

I am excited for the trio of Didz, Celina and Waghorn, they played really decent when Waghorn came on, once he beds himself in, I reckon with his strength he might become the player to hold the ball up and create for Didz etc.

I agree with you on the points about Hyam and Skuse, as well as Chambers, though i get the feeling watching the match vs Brum and the highligts from last night MM very much plans to make plays from forward passes in Midfield, so I would be suprised to see Hyam and Skuse line up together.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2017 7:52]

Crybaby

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:54 - Aug 9 with 1060 viewsHerbivore

I think you might be in a minority on this one. As much as our fans say it's about style and giving the young players a chance, the minute we lose a couple the positivity could well drain away very quickly. We saw that after the Charlton game and that was a friendly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:56 - Aug 9 with 1052 viewsOsborneOneNil

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:44 - Aug 9 by Jon_456

Quite agree, it's so refreshing to see youth getting a chance, and football being given a chance.
Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:58 - Aug 9 with 1043 viewswkj

Even if we finish mid - lower table... on 07:54 - Aug 9 by Herbivore

I think you might be in a minority on this one. As much as our fans say it's about style and giving the young players a chance, the minute we lose a couple the positivity could well drain away very quickly. We saw that after the Charlton game and that was a friendly.

Oh no doubt our moaners are regrouping and ready to pounce when something less than favourable happens, but to be honest, a lot of what I took exception too last season has been seemingly worked on and in the first 2 games solved. I am not ready to sing Super Mick, and probably wont for a while- but hopefully that will change in time too

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024