Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it just me 20:36 - Aug 13 with 1383 viewsronnyd

who thinks the Channel 5 coverage of the Championship is rubbish? Colin Murray and Chris Owelumo seem very amateurish and the format of talking over some of the matches instead of a normal commentary also seems a bit naff. Wasn,t great last season but find it even worse now.
Is it just me on 20:46 - Aug 13 with 1344 viewsNo9

It's terrible
Is it just me on 20:53 - Aug 13 with 1319 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Not quite sure what's happened to the programme this year. I didn't have a problem with Colin Murray taking over - not as if he's inexperienced with football coverage - but I find some elements of the format confusing. When they started the first show at Craven Cottage, it was almost like they were picking up where ITV left off 'The Championship' in the days of Matt Smith presenting the show from a different ground every week, but then they cut back to a studio so it seems pointless.

I still don't like 'let's show these games standing by the screen and talking over it' - that's been a crap idea from day one - and I'm dismayed to see the return of 'fan input' with those pointless little cutaways to some random supporter. At best it'll fill the show with tedious banality (like Lizzie Greenwood-Hughes reading texts in the early days of The Football League Show), and at worst it'll be a perfect platform for the egos of each club's YouTube wannabe celebrities to try and get their mugs on the TV for no reason.

Five's farted around with this programme enough. It was appalling first season. It was tolerable last. Now they're at risk of making it annoying again.
Is it just me on 20:58 - Aug 13 with 1297 viewsm14_blue

Absolutely awful.

Literally unwatchable, even after a Town win.
Is it just me on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 1291 viewsLesta_Tractor

needed subtitles for Iwelumo!

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Is it just me on 20:59 - Aug 13 with 1290 viewsTendring_Blue

Bring back "The Championship" on ITV! Loved that program. I found the BBC's FLS a load of rubbish as well to be honest, very slow moving dull program. Channel 5 have plunged to new depths. Chris Owelumo talking about us last night said something along the lines "garner is a great signing but the fans will have an issue with the brand of football" He hasn't done any research has he?

In which case there is no point in pundits, studio is pointless. To go all Brian Clough "Shut up and show more football!"
Is it just me on 21:58 - Aug 13 with 1166 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Is it just me on 20:59 - Aug 13 by Tendring_Blue

Bring back "The Championship" on ITV! Loved that program. I found the BBC's FLS a load of rubbish as well to be honest, very slow moving dull program. Channel 5 have plunged to new depths. Chris Owelumo talking about us last night said something along the lines "garner is a great signing but the fans will have an issue with the brand of football" He hasn't done any research has he?

In which case there is no point in pundits, studio is pointless. To go all Brian Clough "Shut up and show more football!"

I'd second that. The Championship was absolutely spot on. No guff, no chatter, just the games. The only problem The Championship ever had was ad breaks. The BBC didn't have that problem but they went all MOTD with studio 'analysis'. Then Five, who do have breaks, thought they'd clog up even more air time with chatter.

Frankly, there is only one programme I can tolerate a mixture of football highlights and chatter on, and that's Goals On Sunday. On a Saturday night, just show me the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024