Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... 13:04 - Aug 14 with 9092 viewsJackSted

Should I take it? My boss came up to me today and said they need someone to move from our London office to our Barcelona office on a 6 month contract. They said I am their number one choice and I'm just wondering if any of my fellow TWTDers have any advice, e.g, if any of you have been there (or lived there) before?

I'm only 20 years old so it's not like I have a wife and kids to leave behind haha

UPDATE: I've spoken to my boss and have accepted the offer. They're still considering other options at the mo but they will get back to me tomorrow.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 15:00]

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:06 - Aug 14 with 5231 viewsmanchego

are you insane ?
go
go
go
go
go
on 13:06 - Aug 14 with 5216 views_

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:06 - Aug 14 with 5218 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Ive been to Barca a couple of times and from my experience its a great city..... and even has a beach.

All things being equal I would say go for it. I'd rather go there than the middle east.

Will language barrier be an issue?

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 5211 viewsKieran_Knows

Definitely take it! You'd be mad not too.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 5204 viewsTractorCam

100%

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:08 - Aug 14 with 5192 viewscatch74

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:06 - Aug 14 by manchego

are you insane ?
go
go
go
go
go

This.

If you don't go, you'll look back and regret it. Easy flight home if you need to, amazing city.
Fill your boots mate.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:08 - Aug 14 with 5184 viewsReuser_is_God

No brainer.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:08 - Aug 14 with 5186 viewsJackSted

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:06 - Aug 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Ive been to Barca a couple of times and from my experience its a great city..... and even has a beach.

All things being equal I would say go for it. I'd rather go there than the middle east.

Will language barrier be an issue?

From what I'm aware most of the 200 people in our Barcelona office speak English as a second language

TWTD Supervillain

Login to get fewer ads

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 5157 viewsTractorCam

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:08 - Aug 14 by JackSted

From what I'm aware most of the 200 people in our Barcelona office speak English as a second language

Well there you go, have a nice adventure!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 5157 viewshorsehollerer

It's an incredible city. Do it!

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:10 - Aug 14 with 5166 viewsBlueBadger

In the nicest possible way, your first question rivals Dolly's finest for the title of 'daftest question ever asked on TWTD'.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:19]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:11 - Aug 14 with 5142 viewsTractorWood

Do it. It's only a couple of hours from home.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:11 - Aug 14 with 5138 viewsRIPbobby

100% yes. Learn the language, learn the culture and expand your mind. This will be the best thing you ever do.
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:12 - Aug 14 with 5135 viewsSomethingBlue

Get yourself over there, don't think twice.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The answer is yes on 13:12 - Aug 14 with 5131 viewsDyland

Assuming it's not a short term contract replacing an existing full time position, you do it.
In fact even then, do it. Barcelona's a great little city.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:12 - Aug 14 with 5122 viewsJohnny_Boy

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:10 - Aug 14 by BlueBadger

In the nicest possible way, your first question rivals Dolly's finest for the title of 'daftest question ever asked on TWTD'.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2017 13:19]

He'll need a nice suit from Coes though.
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:12 - Aug 14 with 5122 viewsSWGF

Why on earth wouldn't you?!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:15 - Aug 14 with 5100 viewshomer_123

God no, Spain is full of Brits we don't want over here.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:16 - Aug 14 with 5080 viewstheblueginger

I'm assuming you still have a guaranteed job somewhere at the end of the 6 months?

If so then of course!
I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:16 - Aug 14 with 5085 viewsSteve_M

Just to hammer the point home, it sounds a great opportunity and the fact that it is only six months means you have a defined route back if you don't enjoy it - you may find you have the opposite problem then!

I think Barcelona is fairly expensive but if you're used to London then that won't be too much of a shock.

Regardless it will be good experience and a nice thing to put on a CV.

What do you do as a matter of interest?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:18 - Aug 14 with 5056 viewshomer_123

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:16 - Aug 14 by Steve_M

Just to hammer the point home, it sounds a great opportunity and the fact that it is only six months means you have a defined route back if you don't enjoy it - you may find you have the opposite problem then!

I think Barcelona is fairly expensive but if you're used to London then that won't be too much of a shock.

Bustling defender.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:20 - Aug 14 with 5029 viewsusm

Yes

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:21 - Aug 14 with 5005 viewsJackSted

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:16 - Aug 14 by Steve_M

I'm an ICT technician. We already have an engineer in the Barcelona office but apparently it's getting more difficult for him to be able to manage 200 clients so they need one of us there for 6 months to help him out.

TWTD Supervillain

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:24 - Aug 14 with 4974 viewsParisBlue

Two options here
1) Say yes
2) Think about it, then say yes

I assume they offer some sort of relocation package. Accommodation etc. Just ensure the company will handle (i.e. pay for and/or sort out) any taxation advice (which normally kick in after 183 days but not that clear cut), or legalities of working in Spain (do you have to register, healthcare etc)

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

I've just been offered a job in Barcelona on a 6 month contract... on 13:25 - Aug 14 with 4958 viewsBluebell

Of course you should go and well done for being offered it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024