Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The reaction to tonight's game 13:36 - Aug 15 with 1107 viewsMuswellblue

For me the reaction to tonight's game, win or lose is hugely important.
If we win, which is possible despite a heavily depleated spine, then we mustn't get carried away and heap pressure and expectation upon the team as this will only result in disappointment at a latter date. I'm not denying we should enjoy victories and allow ourselves some satisfaction, but we can't get carried away.
If we lose, however, it's important to remember we have numerous absentees, particularly through the middle of the team and Millwall can be a tricky place to go, particularly with only one fit Centre half. As such if we could try to avoid the inevitable Mick out comments that would be great.

Personally I think we are on for a top 10 finish and I'm looking forward to us growing as a club on and off the field again!
The reaction to tonight's game on 13:39 - Aug 15 with 1076 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Top 10
The reaction to tonight's game on 13:57 - Aug 15 with 1036 viewsGarv

I agree with everything you say, but please don't say somewhere is a tricky place to go. It's the worst cliché in football. Every ground has at some point been described as a tricky place to go.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

The reaction to tonight's game on 14:12 - Aug 15 with 1004 viewsMuswellblue

The reaction to tonight's game on 13:57 - Aug 15 by Garv

I agree with everything you say, but please don't say somewhere is a tricky place to go. It's the worst cliché in football. Every ground has at some point been described as a tricky place to go.

Perhaps I should have said, Millwall at home can be a tricky team to play as they have two lively strikers and we have one fit Centre half. I was just being concise, but agree it's worth avoiding cliches.
[Post edited 15 Aug 2017 14:22]
The reaction to tonight's game on 14:13 - Aug 15 with 995 viewsSarge

If we lose I hope Mick keeps the faith with his new flexibility and positive substitutions. The worst thing would be for him to revert to the hoof like after the Reading game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024