Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cole Skuse 08:59 - Aug 16 with 3936 viewsclive_baker

I thought he was dog sh1t last night. Felt the back 4 were really exposed and he was part of the problem. With the ball he was poor too, gave it away a few too many times and conceded a completely lazy and needless free kick from which they scored their 3rd.

On a more positive not Waghorn and Garner were great. So much energy and wonderful work rate. They're proper grafters on the pitch and exactly what's required at this level and what we've been missing for a while. As for McGoldrick, pure class. I love watching him play football.

Millwall looked hideous defensively. Not sure if we made them look bad or they're genuinely that terrible. Perhaps a bit of both, but I can't see them staying up if they play like that too often. Their right sided centre half was a disaster. Championship, you're having a laugh.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cole Skuse on 09:03 - Aug 16 with 3098 viewsKieran_Knows

Seems like he has got the license to get forward now....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cole Skuse on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 3047 viewsitfctilidie

for me sears far worse didnt see him in the first half!
Cole Skuse on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 3053 viewsSteve_M

I think you're being harsh. We were so stretched in the second half, particularly in midfield that we were collectively sloppy on the ball. Skuse's passing wasn't good and that was a poor free kick but we gave away plenty of other poor free kicks around our area.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cole Skuse on 09:08 - Aug 16 with 3047 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 09:03 - Aug 16 by Kieran_Knows

Seems like he has got the license to get forward now....

He certainly didn't last night, but then I wouldn't have expected him to in a line up including Ward, Sears, Waggy, Garner and McGoldrick. He looked leggy and immobile yesterday and his retention of the ball was really poor, which is usually regarded as one of his strengths.

Looking at the player ratings he's been regarded as our worst player which I agree with. 6.2 feels generous.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2017 9:09]

Cole Skuse on 09:11 - Aug 16 with 2998 viewsKieran_Knows

Cole Skuse on 09:08 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

He certainly didn't last night, but then I wouldn't have expected him to in a line up including Ward, Sears, Waggy, Garner and McGoldrick. He looked leggy and immobile yesterday and his retention of the ball was really poor, which is usually regarded as one of his strengths.

Looking at the player ratings he's been regarded as our worst player which I agree with. 6.2 feels generous.

The ratings are probably a reflection on the fact that people just don't like Cole Skuse ... rather than on how he actually performed.

Then again, I wasn't at the game last night, so I couldn't really comment on it!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Cole Skuse on 09:11 - Aug 16 with 2997 viewsLankHenners

A 4-3 hardly shines a positive light on the defensive work of both teams. In the previous games he's been highlighted as one of our best performers.

Whilst I don't want to give the impression that I'm some sort of Cole Skuse ultra supportive, he's one of 2 or 3 players that certain people go quiet on when he plays well, but can't wait to attack him and dig the knife in when he has an under-par game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Cole Skuse on 09:13 - Aug 16 with 2976 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 09:11 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

A 4-3 hardly shines a positive light on the defensive work of both teams. In the previous games he's been highlighted as one of our best performers.

Whilst I don't want to give the impression that I'm some sort of Cole Skuse ultra supportive, he's one of 2 or 3 players that certain people go quiet on when he plays well, but can't wait to attack him and dig the knife in when he has an under-par game.

I'm not 'anti Skuse' by any means. I'm just commenting on the fact his performance was really below par yesterday.

Cole Skuse on 09:14 - Aug 16 with 2963 viewsReuser_is_God

Cole Skuse on 09:11 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

Skuse has received a fair bit of praise so far this season so don't think your last para is entirely true.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Cole Skuse on 09:16 - Aug 16 with 2937 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 09:08 - Aug 16 by Steve_M

I think you're being harsh. We were so stretched in the second half, particularly in midfield that we were collectively sloppy on the ball. Skuse's passing wasn't good and that was a poor free kick but we gave away plenty of other poor free kicks around our area.

You have to ask why we were stretched in midfield in the 2nd half. Its partly because Skuse lost 3 out 4 of those battles in there and surrendered possession on a number of occasions. Not saying he's the only one, but given that's why he's in the team it was a concern.

Cole Skuse on 09:17 - Aug 16 with 2917 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 09:14 - Aug 16 by Reuser_is_God

Skuse has received a fair bit of praise so far this season so don't think your last para is entirely true.

This season, yeah - the last couple there's seemed to be people waiting in the wings almost wishing for him to make a mistake.

Cole Skuse on 09:18 - Aug 16 with 2904 viewsblueislander

You just don't understand football. Truce will explain.
Cole Skuse on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 2894 viewsLankHenners

Cole Skuse on 09:13 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I'm not 'anti Skuse' by any means. I'm just commenting on the fact his performance was really below par yesterday.

Fair enough, he was below-par for pretty much all of last season. Does show, perhaps, that he's actually a very important player - when he's not at the races we tend to struggle defensively.

Cole Skuse on 09:19 - Aug 16 with 2878 viewsReuser_is_God

Cole Skuse on 09:17 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

This season, yeah - the last couple there's seemed to be people waiting in the wings almost wishing for him to make a mistake.

True.

I think the reality is that Skuse isn't as good, & isn't as bad, as people make out.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Cole Skuse on 09:23 - Aug 16 with 2843 viewsTractorchef

I agree, thought he looked really poor. Couple of times he received ball from a throw in and just kicked it straight off again! Looked really uncomfortable on the ball, weak in the challenges and immobile. Obviously last night was a completely makeshift side and it all ended up being a crazy game. Be interesting to see what McCarthy sees as his strongest 11 once everyone is fit.
Cole Skuse on 09:25 - Aug 16 with 2822 viewsSteve_M

Cole Skuse on 09:16 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

You have to ask why we were stretched in midfield in the 2nd half. Its partly because Skuse lost 3 out 4 of those battles in there and surrendered possession on a number of occasions. Not saying he's the only one, but given that's why he's in the team it was a concern.

Having two strikers out wide was a large part of it, Waghorn tired in the second half and drifted out of the game and Sears and McGoldrick looked pretty knackered too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cole Skuse on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 2789 viewschicoazul

Cole Skuse on 09:23 - Aug 16 by Tractorchef

I agree, thought he looked really poor. Couple of times he received ball from a throw in and just kicked it straight off again! Looked really uncomfortable on the ball, weak in the challenges and immobile. Obviously last night was a completely makeshift side and it all ended up being a crazy game. Be interesting to see what McCarthy sees as his strongest 11 once everyone is fit.

Wasn't he an injury doubt for last night's game?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Cole Skuse on 09:29 - Aug 16 with 2791 viewsTractorWood

He was poor last night but he's been much better otherwise this season. Didn't think Grant Ward was particularly at it either. They both looked a bit lost in an overtly attacking system and stifled our tempo more than dictated the game.

Thought we were excellent in the round though and probably the most entertaining away game I've seen in a few years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cole Skuse on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 2767 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 09:19 - Aug 16 by LankHenners

Fair enough, he was below-par for pretty much all of last season. Does show, perhaps, that he's actually a very important player - when he's not at the races we tend to struggle defensively.

I think it highlights to anyone what a vital role that is in our (and any) side. I do think it's fair to challenge how effective he's been at playing that role in his time here though. I would argue he's done a decent job, but I'm not sure he would walk into many sides in the top half of this division.

Not going all Y DUZNT EVANS BUY MATIC OR KANTE on you all but I do think we could upgrade here to complete the jigsaw.

Cole Skuse on 09:32 - Aug 16 with 2757 viewsPJH

I agree that Skuse was not as good last night as he was in the previous two league games but taking the ratings as a guide is meaningless.
I suppose Bart is averaging 8 point something because he caught a cross because, and as others have mentioned on other threads Bart could have done better with 2 of their goals and he nearly repeated the error that their keeper made for our first.
As I say Skuse was one of our poorer players last night but the ratings on here indicate very little apart from peoples likes and dislikes.
Cole Skuse on 09:41 - Aug 16 with 2670 viewsclive_baker

Cole Skuse on 09:32 - Aug 16 by PJH

I agree that Skuse was not as good last night as he was in the previous two league games but taking the ratings as a guide is meaningless.
I suppose Bart is averaging 8 point something because he caught a cross because, and as others have mentioned on other threads Bart could have done better with 2 of their goals and he nearly repeated the error that their keeper made for our first.
As I say Skuse was one of our poorer players last night but the ratings on here indicate very little apart from peoples likes and dislikes.

Totally agree, I would take those ratings with a pinch of salt, it just occurred to me to have a look as an afterthought.

As you say Bart caught one cross in the first half but had little else to do. It's harsh to blame him for any of the goals IMO. First deflected, 2nd he saved the initial shot and if anything Spence might have done better on the line to clear. 3rd fell to the bloke 6 yards out. Did Bart make it easy for him? Maybe. Biggest balls up was 2nd half down the other end when I though he had let that one squirm in but managed to grab it on the line at the 2nd attempt. As you say not sure where these top drawer saves were to give him an 8+ rating. They're meaningless.

Cole Skuse on 09:47 - Aug 16 with 2623 viewsOsborneOneNil

Cole Skuse on 09:31 - Aug 16 by clive_baker

I think it highlights to anyone what a vital role that is in our (and any) side. I do think it's fair to challenge how effective he's been at playing that role in his time here though. I would argue he's done a decent job, but I'm not sure he would walk into many sides in the top half of this division.

Not going all Y DUZNT EVANS BUY MATIC OR KANTE on you all but I do think we could upgrade here to complete the jigsaw.

Totally agree. An upgrade in that particular position/role would be a real step forward.
Cole Skuse on 09:49 - Aug 16 with 2608 viewsIP33

Skuse was poor last night, his passing was sloppy. But has been good for the other games.

Knudsen impressed again last night, he has had a great start to the season hope it continues.

COYB
Cole Skuse on 09:53 - Aug 16 with 2588 viewsitfcjoe

I'm amazed at how frequently he gave the ball away, and the cheap free kicks he does too for an experienced player. He made a number of good interceptions but can't keep getting caught in dangerous areas.

Ward was a bit similar, although I thought he played well he is clearly a lot more comfortable higher up the pitch as doesn't see the full 360 degree picture when he receives the ball deep and gets caught sometimes.

THink they both competed well but we were overrun by Millwall in there at times as they hunted in packs well

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Cole Skuse on 09:56 - Aug 16 with 2553 viewsTractorWood

Cole Skuse on 09:53 - Aug 16 by itfcjoe

I'm amazed at how frequently he gave the ball away, and the cheap free kicks he does too for an experienced player. He made a number of good interceptions but can't keep getting caught in dangerous areas.

Ward was a bit similar, although I thought he played well he is clearly a lot more comfortable higher up the pitch as doesn't see the full 360 degree picture when he receives the ball deep and gets caught sometimes.

THink they both competed well but we were overrun by Millwall in there at times as they hunted in packs well

Good point on Ward. He doesn't that look comfortable in defensive positions with the ball.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Cole Skuse on 10:08 - Aug 16 with 2496 viewscrunchie1978

He's always dog...but must admit the 2nd half against Brum was the best I've seen him play for a long while...i think once all the midfielders are fit he hopefully won't be a definite starter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024