Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
iFollow complaint email 13:37 - Aug 16 with 15581 viewsBent_double

Just sent this to 'iFollow', for what it's worth. Anyone else sent anything, got any replies yet?

Dear Sirs,

I wish to complaint about the terrible level of service and support for your iFollow application.

I support Ipswich Town, and not living near to Ipswich to attend games, have always subscibed to the audio commentary service on the internet. Uptil this season, that service has generally worked well - there may have been gliches or loss of audio occassionally during games, but in 6 or 7 seasons of use, I NEVER once missed a whole game I wanted to listen to.

Now we come to iFollow.

I did not receive any email correspondance from yourselves regarding the move from 'PlayerHD' to 'IFollow' for the 2017/18 season, only through an Ipswich Town message board did I find out about the 'iFollow' app.

The first game of the season was perfect: I had installed the app on my tablet, logged in and listened to the whole game, without interruption.

Since then, however, I have not been able to get the app working at all. I have re-registered and paid the monthly fee; I have done a complete factory reset of my tablet and re-installed the app; I have tried my old login credentials and the new ones. Nothing works. Three games missed now. I either get the app crashing as I click on the 'Listen Live' button, or it tells me I need to upgrade my subscription.

I know I'm not the only one with these problems, many other Ipswich supporters have similar trouble, as I'm sure do fans of other clubs.

Other than an intial reply to an email confirming that my newly registered account was working, I have received NOTHING from your technical people with regards to fixing this.

I am paying for a service I am not receiving, this is not acceptable. I am missing a service I have used successfully for the past 6 or 7 years, I cannot believe it's that difficult to resolve any technical issues - it may be something wrong on my side, but without your 'techies' getting back to me, how would I know???

If these issues are not resolved soon, you will find that groups of fans around the country who have problems with this service will come together and start shouting very loudly until something is done about it. Lots of very negative publicity for you.

You have a complete monopoly on this product you offer - it's not as if football fans are going to go elsewhere to get it or follow another sport, are they?

regards,

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

iFollow complaint email on 14:01 - Aug 16 with 10466 viewsBluebell

I haven't emailed but I agree about the poor service.

I pay about £45 annually and only miss about 6 to 8 games a season so listen on iFollow. That works out at about £6 a game.

Yesterday evening I couldn't get onto it on my laptop so missed the first 2 goals. After asking on here and being talked through it I eventually managed to get it on my iPad and listened on that. The commentary is at least 1 minute behind real time so SKY, and the people in the chat room here, have heard the goals long before I do.

It's a dreadful service so I am thinking of cancelling it. I pay in February so probably won't get a refund.
iFollow complaint email on 14:23 - Aug 16 with 10434 viewsBent_double

iFollow complaint email on 14:01 - Aug 16 by Bluebell

I haven't emailed but I agree about the poor service.

I pay about £45 annually and only miss about 6 to 8 games a season so listen on iFollow. That works out at about £6 a game.

Yesterday evening I couldn't get onto it on my laptop so missed the first 2 goals. After asking on here and being talked through it I eventually managed to get it on my iPad and listened on that. The commentary is at least 1 minute behind real time so SKY, and the people in the chat room here, have heard the goals long before I do.

It's a dreadful service so I am thinking of cancelling it. I pay in February so probably won't get a refund.

It seems that if you put the word 'COMPLAINT' in the email subject, you get an almost instant reply!

Just heard back from them saying that a member of their team will be contacting me shortly, and how I should use the 'live chat' feature on the website if it's urgent - I didn't even know there was such a thing on their website!

iFollow complaint email on 14:26 - Aug 16 with 10422 viewsBluebell

iFollow complaint email on 14:23 - Aug 16 by Bent_double

It seems that if you put the word 'COMPLAINT' in the email subject, you get an almost instant reply!

Just heard back from them saying that a member of their team will be contacting me shortly, and how I should use the 'live chat' feature on the website if it's urgent - I didn't even know there was such a thing on their website!

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

I didn't know there was 'live chat' either. I wonder if someone is sitting there for hours waiting for someone to ' talk' to them?
iFollow complaint email on 14:54 - Aug 16 with 10389 viewsBrettenhamBlue

iFollow complaint email on 14:26 - Aug 16 by Bluebell

It will be interesting to hear what they have to say.

I didn't know there was 'live chat' either. I wonder if someone is sitting there for hours waiting for someone to ' talk' to them?

ive heard a string of complaints about ifollow, across multiple forums. What's the betting the "live chat" is just a "chat bot?"

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

iFollow complaint email on 14:58 - Aug 16 with 10374 viewsGavTWTD

iFollow complaint email on 14:54 - Aug 16 by BrettenhamBlue

ive heard a string of complaints about ifollow, across multiple forums. What's the betting the "live chat" is just a "chat bot?"

I was in the live chat screen for 30mins on day 1 of the season and nobody connected so I gave up.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

iFollow complaint email on 15:28 - Aug 16 with 10292 viewsnoggin

Can't comment on audio but the video stream has been fine for me.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

iFollow complaint email on 15:43 - Aug 16 with 10271 viewsColin_Viljoen

Well the most strange thing happened last night, I had the video working for the full match, thing is on Saturday I installed a VPN, paid for the one match option & managed to get some of the video, but it dropped out a few times, so finished up turning off the VPN & just listening to the audio ( I missed Mick Mills monotone words of wisdom). Last night I thought I would just listen to the audio, but I clicked on the video (No VPN) & the video just played, so I thought I won't touch anything, thinking it would switch off, but no the full game??
iFollow complaint email on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 10170 viewsBurwell_Blue

iFollow complaint email on 15:28 - Aug 16 by noggin

And me. Log in, press the button, watch the match. Not sure what the fuss is about.
Login to get fewer ads

iFollow complaint email on 21:02 - Aug 16 with 10063 viewsmadmouse1959

Just experienced the ordeal of trying to access the ifollow service. Thoroughly frustrating and spent the entire game trying. Missed the whole game, so contacted the provider to cancel my subscription and as yet I have received no reply.

shampoo dave

iFollow complaint email on 22:00 - Aug 16 with 9975 viewsBent_double

iFollow complaint email on 21:02 - Aug 16 by madmouse1959

Just experienced the ordeal of trying to access the ifollow service. Thoroughly frustrating and spent the entire game trying. Missed the whole game, so contacted the provider to cancel my subscription and as yet I have received no reply.

Stick with it, just keep emailing them til you get the help you need to get it working. I'm sure they're inundated with hundreds/thousands of angry supports at the moment so will need to do something quick.

iFollow complaint email on 09:44 - Aug 17 with 9789 viewsHorst3000

It appears as if the ifollow problems seem to be UK based.

I use in Berlin and haven't had a problem with either the video or commentary streams.
iFollow complaint email on 09:49 - Aug 17 with 9776 viewsBrettenhamBlue

iFollow complaint email on 09:44 - Aug 17 by Horst3000

I use in Berlin and haven't had a problem with either the video or commentary streams.

Heard the same on another discussion forum. Might be to prevent people using VPN's.

MMcCarthyisaGod
Poll: Favourite ITFC victory of 2018?

iFollow complaint email on 10:00 - Aug 17 with 9755 viewsColin_Viljoen

iFollow complaint email on 09:44 - Aug 17 by Horst3000

I downloaded the app on another device today & noticed there was an update/fix for the audio!
iFollow complaint email on 10:10 - Aug 17 with 9742 viewsFifeITFC

I've been listening using it on Scotland with no problems. Have tried contacting them via Live Chat on the opening day and chatted to someone within 15 minutes and have emailed and got reply within 2 business days.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 10:11]

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

iFollow complaint email on 11:13 - Aug 17 with 9697 viewsrosseden

i have a 3 strikes rule, three emails complaining that i firstly couldn't get in, managed to fight my way in with no help from them, and then two more emails explaining that none of the services would work on my laptop, so after the 3 i have cancelled my repeat paypal payment, complained via paypal and send a 4th email explaining why i have cancelled. Still no reply.

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

iFollow complaint email on 11:52 - Aug 17 with 9647 viewsBerlinBlue

Customer service seems to be generally horrendous these days, as if the companies don't care about their customers. I hope your email has some sort of positive effect. Let us know what happens.
iFollow complaint email on 18:06 - Aug 21 with 9443 viewsBent_double

Quick update on this:

Nothing from iFollow as yet - I missed the game against Brentford as it didn't work, no live chat, no reply to my email on Saturday afternoon.

I've just emailed BBC Suffolk asking whether it's possible to get the game via the internet tomorrow evening, received a reply saying they are not sure but will look into it.

I also mentioned the problems with iFollow - with many supports from other clubs having problems too - it looks like they may be interested in taking it up as a story, so if you're having problems maybe send them an email - the more they get, the more likely they are to go with it.

iFollow complaint email on 18:11 - Aug 21 with 9428 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

iFollow complaint email on 15:28 - Aug 16 by noggin

It was awful Saturday and did not even auto restart second half, it cut out both goals and that was with a high speed connection and Surface Pro.
iFollow complaint email on 18:23 - Aug 21 with 9406 viewsBluebell

As a matter of interest does the video on iFollow in other countries run to time or is it about 90 seconds behind like the audio?

I find it so annoying that people in the chat room and SKY television hear the goals long before the audio reports them.

I find it easier watching the widget in the chat room as that is true to time.
iFollow complaint email on 18:32 - Aug 21 with 9381 viewsnoggin

iFollow complaint email on 18:23 - Aug 21 by Bluebell

As a matter of interest does the video on iFollow in other countries run to time or is it about 90 seconds behind like the audio?

I find it so annoying that people in the chat room and SKY television hear the goals long before the audio reports them.

I follow video isn't even in time with it's own sound from the crowd.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2017 19:12]

iFollow complaint email on 18:42 - Aug 21 with 9362 viewsFifeITFC

I'd imagine it'd be behind. I watch the Sky games on my phone at work in the taxi whilst having Radio 5 on in the background. A delay with Internet games is normal, I've assumed.

Even tested it at home watching the same game on TV and on Internet and it's about a minute plus behind.

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

iFollow complaint email on 18:58 - Aug 21 with 9340 viewsnoggin

iFollow complaint email on 18:11 - Aug 21 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

It was awful Saturday and did not even auto restart second half, it cut out both goals and that was with a high speed connection and Surface Pro.

Saturday was indeed awful. The Millwall game was superb though.

iFollow complaint email on 19:10 - Aug 21 with 9326 viewsBurwell_Blue

You are aware one would presume of how the internet works and how you will never get it in real time?
iFollow complaint email on 19:32 - Aug 21 with 9279 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

iFollow complaint email on 18:58 - Aug 21 by noggin

Saturday was indeed awful. The Millwall game was superb though.

Working how it was meant to you mean? Still no clock (how hard can that be) and the crowd noise second half was out of sync of the action.

Also I fear all our home games will be of the same quality.
iFollow complaint email on 19:35 - Aug 21 with 9270 viewsnoggin

iFollow complaint email on 19:32 - Aug 21 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Working how it was meant to you mean? Still no clock (how hard can that be) and the crowd noise second half was out of sync of the action.

Also I fear all our home games will be of the same quality.

I guess it depends what your expectations are.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024