Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? 21:52 - Aug 16 with 24789 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Following this on the bbc http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40946700
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:56 - Aug 16 with 9275 viewsStNeotsBlue

The late great Dalian Atkinson, Wednesday stole him from us for a measly £450,000. I was convinced he was our ticket back to greatness.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:58 - Aug 16 with 9263 viewsAdmiralFunge

I'd say that awful fortnight when Kuqi, Bent, Davis and Miller all went; a communal departure that was heartbreaking.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:00 - Aug 16 with 9239 viewsEastTownBlue

Mauricio Taricco . Someone at work had "def info" on his departure before the local media did.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 9222 viewsAdmiralFunge

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:56 - Aug 16 by StNeotsBlue

The late great Dalian Atkinson, Wednesday stole him from us for a measly £450,000. I was convinced he was our ticket back to greatness.

Remember being pretty upset when Kevin Wilson went to Chelsea, too.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:02 - Aug 16 with 9220 viewsBlueBadger

Tarrico, Reuser and Ambrose.

Oh and Thomas Gaardose for 'footballing reasons' is something that still irks, even if I've come to terms with the fact that I was largely wrong about Joe Royle's reign in general.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:07 - Aug 16 with 9184 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:58 - Aug 16 by AdmiralFunge

I'd say that awful fortnight when Kuqi, Bent, Davis and Miller all went; a communal departure that was heartbreaking.

Being quite young (relative to facters et al) this was my first thought. Seemed to hit home that the return to the prem was not going to happen so routinely.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 with 9168 viewsgainsboroughblue

Butcher.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 with 9177 viewsWickwar_Blue

Mauricio Taricco...... Remember watching Huddersfield away in 97? 98? and someone had handed out print outs with 'Stay Mauricio' on them. We held them aloft and sang his name as the rumours were he was off to Spurs.

I even put my poster up in the window of my flat.... sad muppet!

Did a fat lot of good.

Remember being pretty peeved when Ambrose went to Toon for such a low fee and I cried when Terry Butcher was sold (I was 7 in my defence!)
Login to get fewer ads

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:09 - Aug 16 with 9155 viewsPJH

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 by gainsboroughblue

Butcher.

Although it was spread over 5 years or more the whole break up of that 1980/81 side was heartbreaking.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 9146 viewsFtnfwest

Sir Bobby
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:10 - Aug 16 with 9143 viewsVic

Paul Mariner to Arsenal, Muhren to Man U and Thiessen to Forest.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:16 - Aug 16 with 9101 viewsReuser_is_God

Sir Marcus Stewart.

Pablo as well, I idolised him & was so happy when Jim got him back.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

This on 22:17 - Aug 16 with 9096 viewsDyland

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:10 - Aug 16 by Ftnfwest

Sir Bobby

England's gain...

I wonder if this is where my ambivalence to the national team in general comes from...

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 9076 viewsHerbivore

Holland, Hermann and Ambrose departing in quick succession at under a million a piece was a bit of a heartbreaker.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:18 - Aug 16 with 9077 viewshoppy

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 21:56 - Aug 16 by StNeotsBlue

Exactly my thoughts as soon as I saw the thread title. You could feel the expectation in the air every time he got the ball.

RIP

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:19 - Aug 16 with 9072 viewsswede

Selling Matt Holland to Charlton in 2003 after we failed to return to the Premier League at the first attempt. He was and still is my son's hero. To me, the heart of the team was gone and promotion again would take a while. Little did I realise how long.....
This on 22:20 - Aug 16 with 9062 viewsFtnfwest

This on 22:17 - Aug 16 by Dyland

England's gain...

I wonder if this is where my ambivalence to the national team in general comes from...

In all honesty that softened the blow for me. Watching him rack up trophies for some other club would have been torture.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:32 - Aug 16 with 8979 viewsJ2BLUE

Holland and Darren Bent.

Rhodes as well. I remember laughing at a Huddersfield fan on the etfair forum saying they were signing him and telling him it would take at least £5m to get him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Totally on 22:34 - Aug 16 with 8961 viewsDyland

This on 22:20 - Aug 16 by Ftnfwest

In all honesty that softened the blow for me. Watching him rack up trophies for some other club would have been torture.

I'm thinking more now in hindsight and applying some cod psycho-analysis :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:34 - Aug 16 with 8962 viewsJakeITFC

Owen Garvan.

Still gutted now, tbh. McGoldrick or Bishop leaving would bring a similar darkness to my life.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:35 - Aug 16 with 8949 viewsm14_blue

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 by Wickwar_Blue

Mauricio Taricco...... Remember watching Huddersfield away in 97? 98? and someone had handed out print outs with 'Stay Mauricio' on them. We held them aloft and sang his name as the rumours were he was off to Spurs.

Did a fat lot of good.

Remember being pretty peeved when Ambrose went to Toon for such a low fee and I cried when Terry Butcher was sold (I was 7 in my defence!)

Yeah, we changed the words of his song to "please don't go Mauricio..."

We were a fantastic team to watch in those days.
Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:36 - Aug 16 with 8939 viewsGavTWTD

Definately Taricco. Was gutted!

Were we up at Huddersfield when it was confirmed?

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:37 - Aug 16 with 8931 viewsGavTWTD

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:08 - Aug 16 by Wickwar_Blue

Did a fat lot of good.

Ha! I printed those out. *fail*

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:43 - Aug 16 with 8890 viewsDinnernotTea

Sir Marcus Stewart.

Still to this day pisses me off he was only here for 2 years and less than 100 appearences. Still my footballing idol and would give anything to meet him.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Which ITFC departure broke your heart? on 22:55 - Aug 16 with 8816 viewsfactual_blue

Sir Bobby

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024