Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Joey Garner Song 05:40 - Aug 17 with 2379 viewsTLA

I loved the Joey Garner song at Barnsley and heard it on the radio at Millwall. It's great!

One thought I had is that the second verse of the original song, with a few adaptations, works even better, and makes it ours, rather than copying Rangers. This is how I'd sing it:

You make us happy (make us happy)
You'll always be blue (always be blue)
You'll have no sorrow (have no sorrow)
Cause we'll always be true (always be true)

'Cos we've got…Joey Garner
We've got…Joey Garner
We've got…Joey Garner
So glad you're ours

I think this is too late as it's caught on now and that's great. It would be a better and more original version though.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 5:41]
The Joey Garner Song on 05:43 - Aug 17 with 2367 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I think we'd have to sing that as a second verse rather as instead of the first verse which has caught on now.

As the players come out next week at palace, I hope we drown out the 'Glad all over' tune to Joey Garner

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The Joey Garner Song on 05:49 - Aug 17 with 2356 viewsTLA

The Joey Garner Song on 05:43 - Aug 17 by The_Romford_Blue

I think we'd have to sing that as a second verse rather as instead of the first verse which has caught on now.

As the players come out next week at palace, I hope we drown out the 'Glad all over' tune to Joey Garner

I was frustrated at how we sang it against Brum but loved it at Barnsley! I don't think a second verse would work but when I saw the lyrics, they just seemed to fit better.

I agree that we have to ousting the Holmeside Ultras but that will be hard!

I hope all is well with you - are you back playing cricket now? I'm looking forward to the day/night test tomorrow and have a ticket for the first day at Lords.
The Joey Garner Song on 05:55 - Aug 17 with 2350 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The Joey Garner Song on 05:49 - Aug 17 by TLA

I was frustrated at how we sang it against Brum but loved it at Barnsley! I don't think a second verse would work but when I saw the lyrics, they just seemed to fit better.

I agree that we have to ousting the Holmeside Ultras but that will be hard!

I hope all is well with you - are you back playing cricket now? I'm looking forward to the day/night test tomorrow and have a ticket for the first day at Lords.

Atmosphere was cracking at Barnsley wasn't it? The Dominic Iorfa chant was awesome

Not sure how many of the palace lot will turn up. Last year when they had Blackpool in the league cup, only 7k turned up for it.

Came back for 5 matches before Ipswich returned and I should get one more game in (2nd September when its international weekend) to end the season.

Tomorrow will be eventful. Can see the pink ball causing all sorts of issues for batsman. I imagine the Friday evening session would be a great atmosphere though.

How you doing anyway? All good I hope

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The Joey Garner Song on 06:36 - Aug 17 with 2283 viewsTLA

The Joey Garner Song on 05:55 - Aug 17 by The_Romford_Blue

Atmosphere was cracking at Barnsley wasn't it? The Dominic Iorfa chant was awesome

Not sure how many of the palace lot will turn up. Last year when they had Blackpool in the league cup, only 7k turned up for it.

Came back for 5 matches before Ipswich returned and I should get one more game in (2nd September when its international weekend) to end the season.

Tomorrow will be eventful. Can see the pink ball causing all sorts of issues for batsman. I imagine the Friday evening session would be a great atmosphere though.

How you doing anyway? All good I hope

It was good at Barnsley - one the best atmospheres in ages. I love it when we sing when we're behind, which really happened on Saturday.

I reckon they'll be about 12,000 at Palace, hopefully with a big Town following. I remember going to Selhurst Park to see us in the playoffs in 1987 and we had more than 6000 in a 12000 crowd.

It's good to hear you're back playing cricket, mainly because that means you're well and recovered!

I can't wait to see the cricket tomorrow and you're right, Edgbaston will be lively on Friday night!

All good here, thanks for asking.
The Joey Garner Song on 10:01 - Aug 17 with 2044 viewstractorshark

People seem to struggle with the last line of the chorus. It just peters off in an embarrassing way presumably because our younger fans don't know the original.
Surely, for ease, it's better to keep the same words...

So glad you're mine

Please pass the word!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024