Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kings of Anglia 10:21 - Aug 17 with 1353 viewsHeathlander

Is it any good? Anyone bought a copy?

I hope it is good and sustainable. I imagine it's a difficult publication to make a profit on in this day and age.

I really miss the Green'un. If we had won I used to love going to get a copy of the Green'un to see the league tables, goal scorers etc. In the internet age this has died a death but it was a part of my ITFC history and culture.
Kings of Anglia on 10:42 - Aug 17 with 1318 viewsdusseldorf_blue

Didn't realise that the Green'un no more existed.

I was home for the Birmingham game and searching everywhere on Sunday morning for a copy!

Now TWTDs early teens, early 80's, cycling 3 or 4 miles to the one newsagent in Braintree area (that I knew of anyway) that got the Green'un already on Saturday evening!
Kings of Anglia on 11:59 - Aug 17 with 1226 viewsBrianTablet

Kings of Anglia on 10:42 - Aug 17 by dusseldorf_blue

I was home for the Birmingham game and searching everywhere on Sunday morning for a copy!

Now TWTDs early teens, early 80's, cycling 3 or 4 miles to the one newsagent in Braintree area (that I knew of anyway) that got the Green'un already on Saturday evening!

When I lived abroad, my grandad used to post the Green Un out to me, bless him.
Took a few days to arrive, but I read it cover to cover. Really loved it.

It's a definite hole in our modern world.

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Kings of Anglia on 13:36 - Aug 17 with 1153 viewsMeadowlark

Kings of Anglia on 10:42 - Aug 17 by dusseldorf_blue

I used to cycle down to outside the Lowestoft Journal office in Lowestoft town centre to buy my copy of the Green'un The office wasn't open on a Saturday evening, but the old boy who sold the papers was always there. I think he bought the papers off the wholesaler and sold them himself, or maybe he was employed. Who knows? As it was Lowestoft he also sold the other 'un of course.
Used to enjoy reading the club news bits but the match report (Tony Garnett) was a bit too detailed for me, especially if I'd just got back from watching it an hour or so earlier!
TWTD.
Kings of Anglia on 13:41 - Aug 17 with 1144 viewsITFC_Forever

Kings of Anglia on 11:59 - Aug 17 by BrianTablet

When I lived abroad, my grandad used to post the Green Un out to me, bless him.
Took a few days to arrive, but I read it cover to cover. Really loved it.

It's a definite hole in our modern world.

The club notes from the Sunday Leagues were works of art.

Our team had several of us who would create works of art and send them in, and depending on how many they had received, they'd sometimes get printed in all their glory.

P 1118, W 498, D 285, L 335, F 1699, A 1352
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024