Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Skuse for captain 21:52 - Aug 18 with 2509 viewsStu_boy

Sorry if previously discussed and I've missed it but my guess would be Skuse to fill in as captain
Skuse for captain on 22:12 - Aug 18 with 2472 viewsGuthrum

Or Bialkowski, if he's got to command a makeshift defence.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Skuse for captain on 22:15 - Aug 18 with 2465 viewsStu_boy

Skuse for captain on 22:12 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

Not a bad shout but other than maybe Buffon cant really think of too many keepers in recent years that have captained there team?
Skuse for captain on 22:20 - Aug 18 with 2456 viewsGuthrum

Skuse for captain on 22:15 - Aug 18 by Stu_boy

Not a bad shout but other than maybe Buffon cant really think of too many keepers in recent years that have captained there team?

Leaves the Captain tied to one position, unable to intervene upfield easily. But these are not normal circumstances.

Skuse for captain on 22:33 - Aug 18 with 2413 viewsStu_boy

Skuse for captain on 22:20 - Aug 18 by Guthrum

Leaves the Captain tied to one position, unable to intervene upfield easily. But these are not normal circumstances.

That would be my concern, if things do not get off to a great start we would really need a big voice in the middle to rally the lads. I'm not being negative but Brentford are the toughest test weve had so far esp given our injury problems currently.

We need the fans to really stand up and help out tomorrow just hope the atmosphere doesnt turn if things dont go right. I'll certainly be shouting and singing in full support from Sir Bobby's end
Skuse for captain on 22:49 - Aug 18 with 2387 viewsElderGrizzly

Isn't he vice-captain anyway? Assumed it would be him before Mick even mentioned he was deciding.
Skuse for captain on 22:53 - Aug 18 with 2375 viewsHipsterectomy

I've always wondered why keepers aren't automatically made vice or third captain. Watching the whole game pan out in front of you would mean some useful insight surely especially as you need to command your defence anyway.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Skuse for captain on 22:53 - Aug 18 with 2373 viewsGuthrum

Skuse for captain on 22:33 - Aug 18 by Stu_boy

That would be my concern, if things do not get off to a great start we would really need a big voice in the middle to rally the lads. I'm not being negative but Brentford are the toughest test weve had so far esp given our injury problems currently.

We need the fans to really stand up and help out tomorrow just hope the atmosphere doesnt turn if things dont go right. I'll certainly be shouting and singing in full support from Sir Bobby's end

We've got natural leaders up front (or at least men who can make things happen), Skuse is the experienced head in the middle, Bart has a big role to play marshalling his defence.

Skuse for captain on 08:56 - Aug 19 with 2257 viewsNo9

I don't want to even think about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Skuse for captain on 08:58 - Aug 19 with 2252 viewsPrideOfTheEast

I doubt it'll be Bart - not the best communicator. I'd be surprised if it wasn't Skuse.
Skuse for captain on 09:00 - Aug 19 with 2247 viewsclive_baker

Given his experience i wouldn't expect him to need to armband to show that level of leadership, I would like to see more of it from him even when Chambers is there. Today really is a day for Skuse, Garner, Waggy and Didz to dig in and really lead the others through.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Skuse for captain on 09:51 - Aug 19 with 2194 viewsJon_456

Never understand this captain malarkey. Sure, you need a club captain who will set an example and lead on and off the pitch but for a stand in skipper for one game, it doesn't really make much of a difference. Anyone who can lead because they've got the armband for the day should be doing it every game anyway.
Skuse for captain on 10:02 - Aug 19 with 2170 viewsericclacton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024