Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chinese investment in English football clubs 08:09 - Aug 19 with 802 viewsMVBlue

Just read an eye opening piece on the recent influx of Chinese club ownership. I didn't quite realise the extent of it, or that 2 years ago Chinese leader Xi Jinping ordered his bussinessmen to invest in foreign clubs, possibly as a form of soft power. Ipswich also get a mention in the article, with respect to the Cobbolds.
So now the Chinese own Wolves, West Brom, Birmingham City, Aston Villa and Southampton. Thats really something. I do prefer our English ownership, would others prefer what Wolves have I wonder?

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/18/china-english-football-southamp
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 8:11]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Chinese investment in English football clubs on 09:04 - Aug 19 with 726 viewsNo9

Foreign owners are buying out English clubs. The English game has a considerable number of Foreign players & coaches. None of this is doing the national team any good.
Foreign sponsorship is now the norm.
Effectively the English game is no longer English.
Should we be concerened that we are asking foreign entities to make our clubs great? Is it the thin end of the wedge & when fashion changes will these people just walk away leaving a country who's national game they have ruined?
Personally I don't think any of this is good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024