Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just how much cloying drivel 09:04 - Aug 19 with 3194 viewsCrawfordsboot

..re Bruce Forsyth are we going to have to try to avoid over the coming weeks.

An alternative view is that he was a self centered egotist who lived in a dream world where he was the center of the universe. In hotel restaurants he would demand a table where all who entered would see him in his glory. He gave the old dear punters exactly what they wanted and laughed all the way to the bank!
Just how much cloying drivel on 09:27 - Aug 19 with 3134 viewshampstead_blue

there is a point in there about the power of celebrity. Not sure if giving Bruce a slap is the right vehicle though.

I'd rather think of a cracking entertainer. Watched him every Saturday when I was a bairn in the 80's.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:29 - Aug 19 with 3123 viewsLankHenners

Gotta love the 'stop mourning people who you liked because I didn't like them' takes.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:31 - Aug 19 with 3104 viewsblue_oyster

Don't forget the affairs and broken marriages.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:36 - Aug 19 with 3083 viewsSWGF

You OK, hun?

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:36 - Aug 19 with 3079 viewsCrawfordsboot

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:29 - Aug 19 by LankHenners

Gotta love the 'stop mourning people who you liked because I didn't like them' takes.

I accept that though not my preferred viewing he gave a lot of people a great deal of pleasure. However that does not of itself justify the beatification of Bruce!
😁👍👍
Just how much cloying drivel on 09:45 - Aug 19 with 3039 viewsCrawfordsboot

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:36 - Aug 19 by Crawfordsboot

I accept that though not my preferred viewing he gave a lot of people a great deal of pleasure. However that does not of itself justify the beatification of Bruce!
😁👍👍

Actually perhaps I need not be so concerned. I note that the ultimate fry up question is much more important to TWTD posters than the three BF posts combined!

All is well with the world
Just how much cloying drivel on 10:29 - Aug 19 with 2941 viewsxrayspecs

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:36 - Aug 19 by Crawfordsboot

😁👍👍

Oh where do we start...Princess Diana anyone?
Just how much cloying drivel on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 2925 viewsBorisOrTrevor

Just how much cloying drivel on 09:31 - Aug 19 by blue_oyster

Don't forget the affairs and broken marriages.

Yes but he went with some stunners beyond what you might expect, Ann Sidney in particular. Have often wondered whether he is this countries Milton Berle.

BOT

Login to get fewer ads

Just how much cloying drivel on 10:32 - Aug 19 with 2931 viewsGeoffSentence

I have to admit, I was surprised by his mates all coming on TV and radio and saying that he had no ego. It always looked to me like he made every show he was on all about him.

But there you go, I guess people are different in public and private life.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just how much cloying drivel on 10:51 - Aug 19 with 2886 viewsblue_oyster

Just how much cloying drivel on 10:32 - Aug 19 by BorisOrTrevor

Yes but he went with some stunners beyond what you might expect, Ann Sidney in particular. Have often wondered whether he is this countries Milton Berle.

Who's Milton Berle?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Just how much cloying drivel on 11:33 - Aug 19 with 2791 viewsBlueBadger

Just how much cloying drivel on 10:32 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

I have to admit, I was surprised by his mates all coming on TV and radio and saying that he had no ego. It always looked to me like he made every show he was on all about him.

Oh come on, you can't have much of an ego if you're going wear a syrup as obvious the one he wore for years.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 11:34]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:01 - Aug 19 with 2750 viewsGlasgowBlue

Man who has appeared on telly pretty much since telly was first broadcast and has been the staple of Saturday night TV for numerous generations is getting tributes on telly.

Who'd have thunk it?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:03 - Aug 19 with 2738 viewsjas0999

A brilliant entertainer, lovely fella on the TV.

Allegedly very different off it.
Just how much cloying drivel on 12:04 - Aug 19 with 2733 viewsStokieBlue

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:01 - Aug 19 by GlasgowBlue

Man who has appeared on telly pretty much since telly was first broadcast and has been the staple of Saturday night TV for numerous generations is getting tributes on telly.

Who'd have thunk it?

Although when the news was on this morning and it started with Stephen Hawking I (and others around) immediately assumed they were going to say he died and that had knocked Brucie off the top of the news.

Thankfully in the end he was just having a pop at Hunt.

Incredibly strange presentation from the BBC though - it was very weirdly done, almost on purpose.

SB
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 12:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:10 - Aug 19 with 2708 viewsWonky

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:01 - Aug 19 by GlasgowBlue

Who'd have thunk it?

My ex was on a gameshow with him, quite a few years ago and he took the contestants out for a drink at a nearby pub after filming, every time. Sounds like a gentleman to me.
Just how much cloying drivel on 12:13 - Aug 19 with 2701 viewsBenters

Just how much cloying drivel on 10:32 - Aug 19 by GeoffSentence

He was good in his time.

But then he started to grind on me as he got past it on SCD.

Im not into all this public mourning balls anyway.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Just how much cloying drivel on 12:23 - Aug 19 with 2676 viewsRyorry

Pretty much everyone I've heard speak about him says the opposite - had no ego, went out of his way to put people appearing at their ease by talking with them beforehand, took them out to the oub afterwards. How, once he became famous, he longed to go and have a quiet drink but couldn't, as people would shout "Nice to see you!" when he walked in.

I agree that the eulogies shouldn't be the first headline on the news, when terrorism in Spain & Trumpism are current, and that some news agencies have gone cloyingly OTT - but he had been broadcasting since 1939, so was well known and liked by a vaster number of people than most so-called "celebs"!.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024