Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford heavy favourites 11:10 - Aug 19 with 1925 viewsthorpedo

Today, according to the bookies. I know we have no fit centre backs but this still surprises me. Ipswich 2/1 to win a home match seems a big proce to me. Still not gonna bet though on ipswich though!
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 11:56]

Thorpedo

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:55 - Aug 19 with 1811 viewsHARRY10

It's about how much money has been bet - not what the bookies think. They couldn't care less either way.

They just adjust the odds to ensure they make a orofit

That's why they are called bookmakers
Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:56 - Aug 19 with 1800 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:55 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

It's about how much money has been bet - not what the bookies think. They couldn't care less either way.

That's not entirely true

Before any market came down, we were 7/4 and Brentford were 7/5. That decision wa did the football odds compilers

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:58 - Aug 19 with 1764 viewsthorpedo

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:55 - Aug 19 by HARRY10

I know how the bokies work, thanks. They set the initial price then, as you say, the price fluctuates depending on bets taken. Either way it seems bookies/punters fancy Brentford more than us, which I find surprising.

Thorpedo

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:01 - Aug 19 with 1742 viewsjas0999

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:58 - Aug 19 by thorpedo

I know how the bokies work, thanks. They set the initial price then, as you say, the price fluctuates depending on bets taken. Either way it seems bookies/punters fancy Brentford more than us, which I find surprising.

Agreed. I have us as heavy favourites today
Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:03 - Aug 19 with 1733 viewsBLUEGOLD

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 11:58 - Aug 19 by thorpedo

We have no fit centre halfs, are missing about 5 central midfielders and Brentford have been very unfortunate in all 3 games.

I can see Mick playing Iorfa, Spence & Knudsen in a back 3 with Ward and Kenlock as wing backs with Skuse, Downes and one other in the middle, possibly McG and Garner plus Sears or Waggy upfront.
Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:31 - Aug 19 with 1665 viewsbrogansnose

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:01 - Aug 19 by jas0999

Agreed. I have us as heavy favourites today

I wouldn't say we were heavy favourites at all today. Given the injury list I'd take a draw here and now.
Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:51 - Aug 19 with 1618 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:31 - Aug 19 by brogansnose

I wouldn't say we were heavy favourites at all today. Given the injury list I'd take a draw here and now.

I would too Brogs

Though with the way the fixtures have turned out, (1st v 2nd, 4th v 5th and 6th v 7th) a win today would make the table look nice. Early days or not, it would make for very nice reading if we could win.

I can't see it being anything other than a goalfest.

Score draw.

2-2 I'll go for.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 13:15 - Aug 19 with 1566 viewsjas0999

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 12:31 - Aug 19 by brogansnose

If we line up and attack, we have more than sufficient fire power to beat a below average Brentford side. If we defend then I agree we could be in trouble. But I don't think we will.
Login to get fewer ads

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 13:25 - Aug 19 with 1537 viewsGuthrum

Brentofrd heavy favourites on 13:15 - Aug 19 by jas0999

If we line up and attack, we have more than sufficient fire power to beat a below average Brentford side. If we defend then I agree we could be in trouble. But I don't think we will.

I agree that all-out attack is likely to be the best policy in these circumstances. At least we know that our 'keeper is one of the best shot-stoppers in the League.

Brentford may have been "unfortunate" to only lose or draw so far, with some considering us "lucky" to have won all three - but what that actually means is we have siezed our chances and they have not.

We certainly now have a chance-siezing set of forwards.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024