Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 17:08 - Aug 19 with 1928 viewsTractorWood

Kenlock for me. Very mature and balanced performance. Skuse, Grant Ward and Garner also very decent.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

MOTM on 17:11 - Aug 19 with 1893 viewsMullet

Who was down the right wing for them? It's good that last week was a one off after Hammill did far worse to him than say Lualua managed to Emmanuel the other year.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

MOTM on 17:13 - Aug 19 with 1877 viewsArthur_Hayes

Kenlock was decent but not MOTM, imho - he came into the game more as it progressed, but he looked shaky early on. Knudsen did very well at centre back, and Skuse was effective in midfield. All in all, a good team performance with a very depleted squad. Onwards and upwards!
MOTM on 17:27 - Aug 19 with 1748 viewsTractorWood

MOTM on 17:11 - Aug 19 by Mullet

Who was down the right wing for them? It's good that last week was a one off after Hammill did far worse to him than say Lualua managed to Emmanuel the other year.

Not sure. Kenlock's pocket obscured him for the most part. Their #9 (Maupay - I think) was an absolute tool. Did well not to get sent off for repeatedly kicking the ball away and two glaring dives.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

MOTM on 17:33 - Aug 19 with 1707 viewsMullet

MOTM on 17:27 - Aug 19 by TractorWood

Not sure. Kenlock's pocket obscured him for the most part. Their #9 (Maupay - I think) was an absolute tool. Did well not to get sent off for repeatedly kicking the ball away and two glaring dives.

Thought highlights showed two very interesting things.

Skuse made that first goal with a textbook interception and knew just when to hand it off to McG. We were lucky the ref played on there too, often those are given.

Iorfa was very narrow and often let a man get away from him when the ball came over. Seemed to be the main outlet for Brentford's chances out of the ones shown.

MOTM on 19:38 - Aug 19 with 1556 views3_5_2

MOTM on 17:33 - Aug 19 by Mullet

Thought highlights showed two very interesting things.

Skuse made that first goal with a textbook interception and knew just when to hand it off to McG. We were lucky the ref played on there too, often those are given.

Iorfa was very narrow and often let a man get away from him when the ball came over. Seemed to be the main outlet for Brentford's chances out of the ones shown.

Given the situation we were in, I think it churlish to pick fault on what was a tough performance.

We had a plan to be hard to break down, yes they had huge amounts of the ball and to be fair moved it around at times but in the 2nd half we were not really threatened.

It was a great TEAM performance and not one town player, in my opinion, had a bad game. The fact that there were many players who could have been MOM shows that without a CB in the building we did everything that was asked.

Also criticising players when not at the game is just ridiculous
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 19:48]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

MOTM on 19:44 - Aug 19 with 1532 viewsMullet

MOTM on 19:38 - Aug 19 by 3_5_2

Given the situation we were in, I think it churlish to pick fault on what was a tough performance.

We had a plan to be hard to break down, yes they had huge amounts of the ball and to be fair moved it around at times but in the 2nd half we were not really threatened.

It was a great TEAM performance and not one town player, in my opinion, had a bad game. The fact that there were many players who could have been MOM shows that without a CB in the building we did everything that was asked.

Also criticising players when not at the game is just ridiculous
[Post edited 19 Aug 2017 19:48]

How's it a criticism to point out that Iorfa's side seemed to be where they went for us when the OP is praising Kenlock?

You're trying too hard again.

MOTM on 19:45 - Aug 19 with 1528 viewsLankHenners

MOTM on 17:11 - Aug 19 by Mullet

Josefzoon. Could do ball rolls and the odd step over but was pretty crap. Kenlock grew into the game but Knudsen was the real star today.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

MOTM on 19:50 - Aug 19 with 1499 views3_5_2

MOTM on 19:44 - Aug 19 by Mullet

How's it a criticism to point out that Iorfa's side seemed to be where they went for us when the OP is praising Kenlock?

You're trying too hard again.

His overall performance was very good, you are nit picking via highlights

Hardly a position of strength

Just enjoy the win ffs

Login to get fewer ads

MOTM on 19:54 - Aug 19 with 1484 viewsMullet

MOTM on 19:50 - Aug 19 by 3_5_2

His overall performance was very good, you are nit picking via highlights

Hardly a position of strength

Just enjoy the win ffs

I was pointing out something the highlights showed in relation the post I was replying to.

Go back and check my posts tonight. Given you're forever trying desperately to have a pop that's pretty rich.

MOTM on 20:01 - Aug 19 with 1456 views3_5_2

MOTM on 19:54 - Aug 19 by Mullet

I was pointing out something the highlights showed in relation the post I was replying to.

Go back and check my posts tonight. Given you're forever trying desperately to have a pop that's pretty rich.

I rarely reply to your posts. In fact I rarely read them unless I need to catch up on sleep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024