Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super Mick chants... 18:02 - Aug 19 with 2651 viewsITFCBlues

Funny isn't it really. We're playing fairly poorly (that's not a criticism btw - I respect the fact we're decimated with injuries) - however, we're not playing all that great football. Youngsters are still playing, like last season. Yet now, we've got Super Mick chants? Fickle set of fans we have...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Super Mick chants... on 19:30 - Aug 19 with 2491 viewshomer_123

If I may, that front four will likely cause all defences problems this season. Going forward...we look very decent to be fair.

But agree....how quick the worm turns....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Super Mick chants... on 19:37 - Aug 19 with 2449 viewspointofblue

The sole difference is we look more dangerous going forward. Last year we were soaking up pressure for no real reason than grinding out draws. It became dull and repetitive. This year we're soaking up pressure with the knowledge that we have end product up front.

If we meet a team high on confidence and with scorers themselves (Cardiff/Forest/Wolves) we may have to hold on to the ball for longer periods than we have so far.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Super Mick chants... on 21:03 - Aug 19 with 2364 viewsSteve_M

Super Mick chants... on 19:37 - Aug 19 by pointofblue

The sole difference is we look more dangerous going forward. Last year we were soaking up pressure for no real reason than grinding out draws. It became dull and repetitive. This year we're soaking up pressure with the knowledge that we have end product up front.

If we meet a team high on confidence and with scorers themselves (Cardiff/Forest/Wolves) we may have to hold on to the ball for longer periods than we have so far.

That, plus there is an energy and tenacity that was lacking for too much of last season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Super Mick chants... on 21:07 - Aug 19 with 2345 viewsPJH

Super Mick chants... on 21:03 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

That, plus there is an energy and tenacity that was lacking for too much of last season.

In other words we are looking like the 2014/15 playoff side with the added bonus that the goals look like being shared around rather than just having one main goal threat.
Super Mick chants... on 21:12 - Aug 19 with 2321 viewspointofblue

Super Mick chants... on 21:03 - Aug 19 by Steve_M

True. I think a more potent attacking line helps there though, when players know they're energy and tenacity could have a pay off rather than just putting off the inevitable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Super Mick chants... on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 2277 viewspowinswitch

In our first 4 games we have scored 9 goals. Mich has been dealt an extremely difficult hand with injuries and illness. He has not whined, and appears more intent in setting up to do more than not lose. He has made some extremely astute acquisitions including Huws and Adeyemi who have not yet figured. I think there is considerably more belief in this squad, and their ability to do well. Last season, after an opening game goal fest, it took us until bonfire night to score another 9(we actually got 10) in 15 games. I don't know whether we have turned a corner, but Mick deserves plaudits for the results, if not the free flowing football. It's been better than last season, and we have a significant number of players to come in. Let's see if it's possible to unite rather than continually find fault with others who may not agree with you.
Super Mick chants... on 02:11 - Aug 20 with 2127 viewsmills

Let's face it, the Mick Ma chant is the funnest song to sing. Would love it back
Super Mick chants... on 07:23 - Aug 20 with 1977 viewsm14_blue

Football fans are happy when their team is winning and not happy when they're not, don't know why that surprises people.

Last season was our lowest league finish for more than half a century, this season we've won every game and are joint top. Of course everyone's happier with the manager now.

Our fans are no more or less fickle than any other team (except Arsenal...)
Login to get fewer ads

Super Mick chants... on 07:42 - Aug 20 with 1940 viewsbluesym

Football fans in being fickle shock.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Super Mick chants... on 07:48 - Aug 20 with 1925 viewsMaySixth

well i didn't slag Mick off with chants last season or his football

did many others? i assumed they were the stayaways

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024