Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! 21:14 - Aug 19 with 3987 viewsITFCGloryDays

Talk about KNOWING how to toss money away! WHAT a waste. He's not even worth £12m let alone the ridiculous £30m.
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:21 - Aug 19 with 3944 viewshype313

Considering both Arsenal and City have bid for him m, I'd argue he isn't a waste of money.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:23 - Aug 19 with 3933 viewsvapour_trail

I reckon this means I am now worth about £25k

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:25 - Aug 19 with 3906 viewschristiand

The transfer fees are getting ridiculous. Mediocre players seem to go for £10m+. When will it all end?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 3889 viewsgt81

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:25 - Aug 19 by christiand

The transfer fees are getting ridiculous. Mediocre players seem to go for £10m+. When will it all end?

It can't last forever surely?

I'm looking forward to the day everything goes belly up.
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:30 - Aug 19 with 3869 viewspointofblue

We need a centre back... any chance???

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:31 - Aug 19 with 3864 viewsvapour_trail

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:28 - Aug 19 by gt81

It can't last forever surely?

I'm looking forward to the day everything goes belly up.

People said the same things 100 years ago gents. It is an upward trajectory. Inflation.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:33 - Aug 19 with 3841 viewsgt81

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:31 - Aug 19 by vapour_trail

People said the same things 100 years ago gents. It is an upward trajectory. Inflation.

A lot of it is debt based money though. Empires fall eventually. If not for a handful of rich folk propping things up there would be no way any of this would be sustainable.
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:39 - Aug 19 with 3792 viewsBent_double

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:31 - Aug 19 by vapour_trail

nah, nothing can continue to go up in a straight line forever.

Look at the stock market, you get periods of growth year-on-year then suddenly there's a correction and it all comes crashing down.

This is what will happen in football one day (soon).

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Login to get fewer ads

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:49 - Aug 19 with 3734 viewsASAx

This myth Jonny Evans isn't good, that's been continued a lot recently, is nonsense.

He's an absolute class act. Every single Baggies fan I've seen comment reckons he's the best defender they've seen play for them.

Every time I've seen him he's been collossal. All the big clubs seemingly bidding for him. No doubt Premier League managers agree he's good.
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 23:12 - Aug 19 with 3434 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:23 - Aug 19 by vapour_trail

I reckon this means I am now worth about £25k

You must be good - in these price inflated times, I reckon I'm worth about £3.50.
£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 23:44 - Aug 19 with 3325 viewsRyorry

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:33 - Aug 19 by gt81

A lot of it is debt based money though. Empires fall eventually. If not for a handful of rich folk propping things up there would be no way any of this would be sustainable.

Much of it's TV money - and that certainly isn't going to last forever, considering the way technology & viewing habits are going. I reckon the bubble's sure to burst at some point, and probably sooner rather than later - I'd think within 5 years.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 00:25 - Aug 20 with 3221 viewsMVBlue

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 23:44 - Aug 19 by Ryorry

Much of it's TV money - and that certainly isn't going to last forever, considering the way technology & viewing habits are going. I reckon the bubble's sure to burst at some point, and probably sooner rather than later - I'd think within 5 years.

What people forget is the foreign TV money. The Premier League is the league to watch for football fans other than their own league. The world over, and the rights are fought over and go up in cost. Expansion into New territories brings more money in. As more International stars arrive their countrymen want to see them. The audience is huge.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 0:27]

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 01:04 - Aug 20 with 3094 viewsThe_Last_Baron

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 21:49 - Aug 19 by ASAx

This myth Jonny Evans isn't good, that's been continued a lot recently, is nonsense.

He's an absolute class act. Every single Baggies fan I've seen comment reckons he's the best defender they've seen play for them.

Every time I've seen him he's been collossal. All the big clubs seemingly bidding for him. No doubt Premier League managers agree he's good.

Exactly. Jonny Evans is a superb defender, he's better now than he ever has been.

At the Euros last year he marked Robert Lewandowski, Andriy Yarmolenko and Gareth Bale out of the game. Along with Steven Davis he's the reason why Northern Ireland have done so well. Watch NI games and he holds the defence together. He's great on the ball, strong, can tackle, good in the air, scores the odd goal and his positioning and organising are first class.

Ask any West Brom fan how good he is and they'll tell you he's one of the best players to ever play for the club.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 1:10]

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 05:41 - Aug 20 with 2872 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

A) Why are people STILL surprised by transfer fees?

B) Of all the fees spent in recent times, this is the one that surprises you? Similar amounts were quoted for Ben Gibson, it's less than double what Harry Maguire cost and an absolute bargain compared to Stones...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 09:41 - Aug 20 with 2507 viewsJ2BLUE

If they can get him for £30m it's a really good signing IMO, at least in the context of the modern transfer fee. People need to realise the game has changed and stop thinking of fees as they were 5-10 years ago. City are fantastic going forward and signing someone like Evans who is experienced, decent and has several decent years left being 29 is just another piece of the puzzle. He might not be a Champions League option but for 20-25 games a season against the likes of Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle etc he's a great option to have.

I don't think West Brom will sell him for that.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

£30m for Jonny Evans...Christ! on 10:11 - Aug 20 with 2453 viewsNo9

Some would say this is the effect of market forces = supply and demand decides price.
I agree with you - this is daft money for J Evans
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024