Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season 10:44 - Aug 20 with 1427 viewsGuthrum

For the first, McGoldrick would have been on the floor and nobody other than Brentford defenders to clear up the loose ball.

For the second, McGoldrick would have had no-one to pass towards, winning the corner.

What a difference it makes having more than one effective, hard-working striker* and numbers in the box! Being effective going forwards makes a huge difference to the morale of a desperate defence.

* Sears, unfortunately, is not the former in terms of actual scoring and Pitman wasn't really the latter in the same way as Waghorn or Garner.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season on 11:10 - Aug 20 with 1342 viewsstrikalite

It now feels like we have two Murphy's up front, when I think of playing teams like Villa , Leeds, Middlesbro, Hull and of course Nodge away it fills me with hope knowing we now have something to really worry sides..

Think back to that Forest away game at the end of last season........now think how much different that would/will be with Garner and Waghorn upfront, say no more.
We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season on 11:48 - Aug 20 with 1254 viewsNo9

It is fair to say, Town never had the 'rub of the green' last season or even maybe ther season before.
It is said in football that you make your own luck.
This part of the equation has changed and Town must take advantage
We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season on 12:16 - Aug 20 with 1155 viewscoolcat

Good point. Crossed my mind yesterday when I was watching it.
We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season on 12:36 - Aug 20 with 1124 viewsWickets

Well yes lady luck does play her part but i agree with the OP , she need a helping hand and last season we were concentrating too much on defending, holding if you like, this season we are in a position to force errors and take advantage of them.
We wouldn't have scored either of those goals last season on 12:55 - Aug 20 with 1053 viewsfactual_blue

Ah yes, but you're forgetting that the earth is flat.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024