Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I thought McCarthy should go last season.. 11:56 - Aug 21 with 3028 viewsTheBlueBarca

but if he manages a top end finish with the resources he was given this summer I think I will pay for the statue in his honour at Portman Road myself.

I don't know what he's done, thin squad, essentially cast offs coming in and for some reason, it's like a whole new club. Long may it continue.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 11:59 - Aug 21 with 2994 viewsKieran_Knows

It's early days as yet, but this season really does feel like the play-off season. Everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction (again), and whilst we'll never play like Brentford did on Saturday, MM will give us a team that will run through brick walls and compete until the very last minute.

Long may it continue.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:04 - Aug 21 with 2977 viewsTheBlueBarca

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 11:59 - Aug 21 by Kieran_Knows

It's early days as yet, but this season really does feel like the play-off season. Everyone seems to be pulling in the same direction (again), and whilst we'll never play like Brentford did on Saturday, MM will give us a team that will run through brick walls and compete until the very last minute.

Long may it continue.

I thought we were dead-set for the drop. Key players leaving, Murphy still not replaced, being hammered by a poor Charlton side, no real investment compared to our bottom end rivals, I assumed it was our turn and it may well still be but I agree, if we can keep this up, bring in a couple of solid defenders then who knows...

It's like the last two seasons never happened.

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:15 - Aug 21 with 2936 viewsLeoMuff

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:04 - Aug 21 by TheBlueBarca

I thought we were dead-set for the drop. Key players leaving, Murphy still not replaced, being hammered by a poor Charlton side, no real investment compared to our bottom end rivals, I assumed it was our turn and it may well still be but I agree, if we can keep this up, bring in a couple of solid defenders then who knows...

We finished 7th the season before last....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:18 - Aug 21 with 2928 viewschristiand

Pleasantly surprised in how we have started the season, however I'm not going overboard just yet. Let's see how we do against Fulham firstly and then one of the fancied sides in our league Derby County and Leeds United are looming in the next few weeks. What's even more impressive is he has achieved these results with 11 first team players missing through injury or illness!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:19 - Aug 21 with 2919 viewsmonty_radio

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:04 - Aug 21 by TheBlueBarca

Mick's done really well to organise a team neither he nor anyone else would have picked. When the going gets tough....... and all that. He's certainly picked a better fight this season.

I similarly had few great hopes after last year. It does also underline that having an actual forward line (and a feisty one, at that) does help the defensive side of things.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:37 - Aug 21 with 2839 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:15 - Aug 21 by LeoMuff

Yeah but it was a false position as we never really troubled the playoff places and improved our position in dead rubber games. And yet last season was awful and we nearly got relegated despite never troubling the relegation places and the gap only being closed in dead rubber matches at the end of the season...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 13:16 - Aug 21 with 2769 viewsGuthrum

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:18 - Aug 21 by christiand

Pleasantly surprised in how we have started the season, however I'm not going overboard just yet. Let's see how we do against Fulham firstly and then one of the fancied sides in our league Derby County and Leeds United are looming in the next few weeks. What's even more impressive is he has achieved these results with 11 first team players missing through injury or illness!!!

I'm just happy that, when facing what may not turn out to be the strongest sides in the division, Town are successfully racking up full points. Very different to previous seasons.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 13:18 - Aug 21 with 2753 viewsTheBlueBarca

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:15 - Aug 21 by LeoMuff

We were dire though. Absolutely dire.

Login to get fewer ads

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 13:45 - Aug 21 with 2696 viewsclogger

Fully agree

I wanted him gone, BUT if we finish top half and bring kids through, not going back to Skuse and Hyam with 5 defenders etc, I will be more than happy -

Maybe even another year contract for Mick!!
I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 15:04 - Aug 21 with 2618 viewsPendejo

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 13:16 - Aug 21 by Guthrum

I'm just happy that, when facing what may not turn out to be the strongest sides in the division, Town are successfully racking up full points. Very different to previous seasons.

i.e. Rotherham

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 20:07 - Aug 21 with 2491 viewsLeoMuff

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 12:37 - Aug 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yeah but it was a false position as we never really troubled the playoff places and improved our position in dead rubber games. And yet last season was awful and we nearly got relegated despite never troubling the relegation places and the gap only being closed in dead rubber matches at the end of the season...

People really are revisionist, we were in a play off spot in February and as high as 5th in January so not a false position, we definitely did trouble the play off spots and dead rubber games is just bs.

He has had one poor season results wise, style of football in irrelevant if we won the leagwith hoofball we would be cock a hoop, just as we were in 2014/15

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 20:26 - Aug 21 with 2471 viewspowinswitch

I thought McCarthy should go last season.. on 20:07 - Aug 21 by LeoMuff

People really are revisionist, we were in a play off spot in February and as high as 5th in January so not a false position, we definitely did trouble the play off spots and dead rubber games is just bs.

He has had one poor season results wise, style of football in irrelevant if we won the leagwith hoofball we would be cock a hoop, just as we were in 2014/15

You are correct about if we won the league, the style of play would be irrelevant. Unfortunately last year we had our worse position for c50 years, and played dire football in the majority of games.

I've said it a few times. I don't think the football has been particularly great for many of the 4 games so far. But I was genuinely impressed by the dogged defending and sense of in it together on Saturday. I left Portman Road happier with the style of play after both games this season, than I did for a host of them last year. I was very happy with the intent revealed by the half time substitutions at Barnsley. And through it all, McCarthy has been hamstrung by as bad an injury list as I can remember at the club.

So far so good and I take my hat off to everybody involved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024