Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injuries and more injuries 10:43 - Aug 22 with 2368 viewspablosturn

Is there anyone else that believes the ITFC physios and Doctors are getting off scot free with the current situation?

If I were at the club I would be asking serious questions of our medical and conditioning teams as we get many more injuries that other clubs with large numbers of players out long term.

A few is unlucky but over 10 first teamers out is surely more than just bad luck?
Injuries and more injuries on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 2320 viewsnrb1985

It's happened for a number of seasons now. And yes I agree.
Injuries and more injuries on 11:05 - Aug 22 with 2290 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I suspect that its not gone unquestioned.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 11:05]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Injuries and more injuries on 11:07 - Aug 22 with 2275 viewsVic

It does seem a bit rum that the likes of Hyman & Bishop just can't get fit, and also that we seem to pick up more than our fair share of muscle type injuries. I think it's something the club should look into as it is getting a bit beyond a joke. Anyone done any research to see if we have more muscle/ligament injuries than other clubs?

That's said, Chambers, Webster, Dozzell and Smith are all out with injuries picked up during a game and nothing to do with conditioning. Celina has been ill, as has Adefemi, which can't really be laid at the Docs door can it.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Injuries and more injuries on 11:14 - Aug 22 with 2239 viewsMcGoaaaldrick

Injuries and more injuries on 11:07 - Aug 22 by Vic

It does seem a bit rum that the likes of Hyman & Bishop just can't get fit, and also that we seem to pick up more than our fair share of muscle type injuries. I think it's something the club should look into as it is getting a bit beyond a joke. Anyone done any research to see if we have more muscle/ligament injuries than other clubs?

That's said, Chambers, Webster, Dozzell and Smith are all out with injuries picked up during a game and nothing to do with conditioning. Celina has been ill, as has Adefemi, which can't really be laid at the Docs door can it.

Perhaps it's the wrong strength of Calpol that has been given out?

Ian Marshall.....he scores when he wants.

Injuries and more injuries on 11:32 - Aug 22 with 2201 viewspablosturn

Injuries and more injuries on 11:07 - Aug 22 by Vic

Bishop and Hyam I agree are massive concerns and definitely we pick up a large number of muscular injuries. I am sure there is a stats man around here that could tell us this?

Injuries picked up during a game can be to do with conditioning, could be to do with not being match ready or over training, no idea really! But Adeyemi also is injured after being told he was ill, Huws was injured, came back to training and went off injured again, we seem to have a lot of that??
Injuries and more injuries on 11:35 - Aug 22 with 2193 viewsbraveblue

Maybe if we stopped signing injury prone players and sending on our own long term absentees to be fit it would be ok.
Injuries and more injuries on 11:41 - Aug 22 with 2177 viewsIpswich24

Injuries and more injuries on 11:35 - Aug 22 by braveblue

Maybe if we stopped signing injury prone players and sending on our own long term absentees to be fit it would be ok.

Bring back Dave Williams

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

Injuries and more injuries on 11:50 - Aug 22 with 2166 viewsSibelius8

Some years ago I watched a match at Portman Road with a friend who had a degree in sports medicine. On seeing the players warm up before the game he asked if injuries were commonplace in our squad. The reason was that our warm-up exercises were all wrong, in fact they were counter-productive, in his expert opinion. Maybe he was right?
Login to get fewer ads

Injuries and more injuries on 11:52 - Aug 22 with 2149 viewschicoazul

Injuries and more injuries on 11:50 - Aug 22 by Sibelius8

Some years ago I watched a match at Portman Road with a friend who had a degree in sports medicine. On seeing the players warm up before the game he asked if injuries were commonplace in our squad. The reason was that our warm-up exercises were all wrong, in fact they were counter-productive, in his expert opinion. Maybe he was right?

Sports scientists always say stuff like that though, like so many things it's not an exact science. Big clubs have huge medical departments and still get injuries.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Injuries and more injuries on 12:08 - Aug 22 with 2105 viewshype313

Injuries and more injuries on 11:52 - Aug 22 by chicoazul

Sports scientists always say stuff like that though, like so many things it's not an exact science. Big clubs have huge medical departments and still get injuries.

Indeed, Arsenal have a dreadful history of managing injuries and they have the England medical team on their books.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Injuries and more injuries on 12:23 - Aug 22 with 2061 viewsWestcountryblue

I think the club need to look at the way they rehab players. We have a lot of players who break down when they return from injury...Hyam, Bishop, Didzy, Webster, Smith. It's either case of impatience from the club or poor rehab programmes.
Injuries and more injuries on 12:34 - Aug 22 with 2042 viewsnrb1985

Injuries and more injuries on 12:08 - Aug 22 by hype313

Indeed, Arsenal have a dreadful history of managing injuries and they have the England medical team on their books.

On the other hand though, Chelsea almost never get injuries as is often highlighted.

I don't believe this is a coincidence.
Injuries and more injuries on 12:38 - Aug 22 with 2029 viewsDarth_Koont

Probably a lot to do with the profile of our players - we do have a lot of younger players rather than the often more expensive 26-27 year olds in their prime who are tried, tested and fully trained up for the rigours of the Championship.

Pronouns: He/Him

Injuries and more injuries on 12:39 - Aug 22 with 2013 viewsWestcountryblue

Injuries and more injuries on 12:38 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

Probably a lot to do with the profile of our players - we do have a lot of younger players rather than the often more expensive 26-27 year olds in their prime who are tried, tested and fully trained up for the rigours of the Championship.

I think we managed Bishop very poorly ! We overplayed him when he was 17/18 and going through a growth spurt. Seems to have had a knock on effect
Injuries and more injuries on 12:42 - Aug 22 with 2003 viewsDarth_Koont

Injuries and more injuries on 12:39 - Aug 22 by Westcountryblue

I think we managed Bishop very poorly ! We overplayed him when he was 17/18 and going through a growth spurt. Seems to have had a knock on effect

Not sure that conclusion can be drawn without a detailed insight into his medical and training/rehab history. I don't remember him playing a ridiculous amount of minutes for a young lad.

Pronouns: He/Him

Injuries and more injuries on 12:55 - Aug 22 with 1958 viewsITFCBlues

Injuries and more injuries on 12:42 - Aug 22 by Darth_Koont

Not sure that conclusion can be drawn without a detailed insight into his medical and training/rehab history. I don't remember him playing a ridiculous amount of minutes for a young lad.

Quite - he only played 60 mins a time before being subbed off!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024