Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For those who went tonight? 21:47 - Aug 22 with 10730 viewsNorth_London_Blue

After Downes, Nydam and Woolfenden, would you stick any of them on the bench on Saturday or at any stage on that basis? Curious to know who in particular looked like they could make that step up. Obviously they all did us proud and it sounds really heartening for the future
For those who went tonight? on 21:51 - Aug 22 with 7327 viewsSmithy

Gerken

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

For those who went tonight? on 21:53 - Aug 22 with 7273 viewsNorth_London_Blue

For those who went tonight? on 21:51 - Aug 22 by Smithy

Gerken

:)
For those who went tonight? on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 7216 viewswkj

From what I gather, MM might need to be a little more open minded about the young central defenders- they held their own tonight it seems. Patterson I have always liked and I think McDonnel is starting to realise his potential more. In my mind the strikers need more work, but pretty much anyone in the first 2 stratas wouldn't look out of place on the bench.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

For those who went tonight? on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 7207 viewsFreddies_Ears

No, but I would not be worried if Mick disagreed. That was one of the greatest performances, relatively, I have ever seen - a team with almost zero experience, giving a real fight to a half-Prem team.

At the end, Nydam came back on and slapped every single player - he had slipped into the role of senior pro!
For those who went tonight? on 21:56 - Aug 22 with 7201 viewsTractorWood

I think Downes has already demonstrated his quality. I should think he's pretty close to Mick's thoughts.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

For those who went tonight? on 22:02 - Aug 22 with 7108 viewsbluelou

I'd argue starting those three on that performance!

Webber, Rowe and Folami were the others that stood out.
Celina was frustrating. Don't fancy his chances with Mick

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

For those who went tonight? on 22:02 - Aug 22 with 7104 viewsClapham_Junction

All of the back four plus McDonnell and Downes were excellent and I think they could probably hold their own if given another run out.

Morris and Patterson had a few decent touches too.
For those who went tonight? on 22:05 - Aug 22 with 7038 viewshomer_123

For those who went tonight? on 22:02 - Aug 22 by bluelou

My sense with Celina is that he's a proper winger. He will blow hot and cold...when he's on he will be unplayable ... when not we'll need to carry him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 6969 viewstractorboy1978

For those who went tonight? on 22:05 - Aug 22 by homer_123

My sense with Celina is that he's a proper winger. He will blow hot and cold...when he's on he will be unplayable ... when not we'll need to carry him.

Mick doesn't carry players though does he? Regardless of how much talent he has, he won't trust someone that gives the ball away cheaply in the wrong areas. I think keeping Celina happy is going to be a tough task, I really do.
For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 6958 viewsBangor31

Have to agree, but for me Webber was and absolute beast. Good passes calm under pressure.
Made mistakes but against them fair enough.

Hope he gets some first team reps if possible
For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 with 6956 viewsbluelou

The quality was there. End product was just missing for most of the game.
Hope he learns and improves.

Wolfie was my motm though. An absolute beast at both ends of the pitch.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

For those who went tonight? on 22:17 - Aug 22 with 6833 viewschristiand

The kids have shown they can cope with the step up and have the temperament. I don't think that MM should be afraid to use them. I hope MM will travel back to Suffolk with a smile on his face and think, 'I've got a few good kids coming through!'

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

For those who went tonight? on 22:44 - Aug 22 with 6610 viewsCoco

For those who went tonight? on 21:56 - Aug 22 by wkj

From what I gather, MM might need to be a little more open minded about the young central defenders- they held their own tonight it seems. Patterson I have always liked and I think McDonnel is starting to realise his potential more. In my mind the strikers need more work, but pretty much anyone in the first 2 stratas wouldn't look out of place on the bench.

You know, to me McDonnell is one of those players that if was dropped into the first team woul grow and grow with each game and become a genuinely top player. Obviously not to the same level but much like Harry Kane he just needs the trust of a run of games. No real reason to think this just have a vibe. Wish he was given games ahead of Dougie last season.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

For those who went tonight? on 23:21 - Aug 22 with 6427 viewsBiGDonnie

I thought Celina done well tonight. Worked hard when we didn't have the ball too.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

For those who went tonight? on 23:31 - Aug 22 with 6376 viewsglasso

I spent tonight In the home end with a load of Palace supporting mates, and while the game was pretty dire, we all agreed that we were no worse than them.

Who was out or left back? I thought he was class...
For those who went tonight? on 23:55 - Aug 22 with 6262 viewsStNeotsBlue

For those who went tonight? on 23:31 - Aug 22 by glasso

I spent tonight In the home end with a load of Palace supporting mates, and while the game was pretty dire, we all agreed that we were no worse than them.

Tristan Nydam, youngest of the lot only 17, I've only seen him at the Luton game but his pass to Celina for McG's first goal is fantastic , pinged to his feet and takes out the whole of the Luton midfield. Looks like a real prospect.
For those who went tonight? on 00:28 - Aug 23 with 6162 viewsconnorscontract

I'll just add that last season Lawrence was utterly unplayable for a spell and scored several goal of the season contenders in quick succession...

...but that run didn't come in his first two starts for the club, it came once he was gelled into the team and put a run of games together.

Celina is a kid, still. Only a bit older than Downes, for example, with not many more First Team career appearances. It will take him a while to completely bed-in.
For those who went tonight? on 00:58 - Aug 23 with 6116 viewsN2_Blue

For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

Mick doesn't carry players though does he? Regardless of how much talent he has, he won't trust someone that gives the ball away cheaply in the wrong areas. I think keeping Celina happy is going to be a tough task, I really do.

He didn't give it away in the wrong areas though! Yes a little frustrating and not all came off but much the same could be said of Lawrence. There is a player in there, his attitude will be whether he's a Mick player or not and I think he's doing the right things.....nothing wrong with being frustrated at not being involved. I wouldn't expect him to be happy on the bench.

Didn't celebrate his goal, just got the ball and wanted to try get the equaliser...that says a lot!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 1:04]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

For those who went tonight? on 01:00 - Aug 23 with 6110 viewsN2_Blue

For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 by Bangor31

Have to agree, but for me Webber was and absolute beast. Good passes calm under pressure.
Made mistakes but against them fair enough.

Hope he gets some first team reps if possible

This 100%. Couldn't believe the performance Webber gave and his physicality, strength and stature for someone of his age was remarkable. Think there is a player here, fully expect him to have a successful career on that showing.

For those who went tonight? on 01:02 - Aug 23 with 6106 viewsN2_Blue

For those who went tonight? on 23:31 - Aug 22 by glasso

Dire? Really? If you couldn't enjoy that performance from that line up you're in the wrong game

For those who went tonight? on 01:56 - Aug 23 with 6031 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Downes - Absolutely superb.

Woolfenden - built like a 28 year old and had the calm head of one as well

Folami - held the ball up better than anyone I've seen up front for us since murph asides from garner

Nydam - Really looked good as a left back

Special mentions for Webber, Gerken, Celina and McDonnell as well who I though were excellent.

All three were excellent. I'd say the top 2 will be on the bench plus Gerken

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

For those who went tonight? on 04:05 - Aug 23 with 5965 viewspowinswitch

For those who went tonight? on 21:56 - Aug 22 by TractorWood

I think Downes has already demonstrated his quality. I should think he's pretty close to Mick's thoughts.

If you have 'already demonstrated your quality' then you should be more than 'pretty close to Mick's thoughts'. I'd like to see Downes given more of an opportunity in the next few weeks, as he does appear to have the ability, temperament and confidence to flourish. If he were to confirm that I am confident that McCarthy will handle him very well. If he were to not quite make it yet, then I would be equally confident that McCarthy and Klug/Nash would continue to develop what is clearly a young man with significant potential. He really excites me after less than a handful of games.
For those who went tonight? on 08:27 - Aug 23 with 5637 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

For those who went tonight? on 22:09 - Aug 22 by tractorboy1978

MM was really having to bite his tongue in the post match interview regarding Celina and where he loses the ball.....did his best go end it on a positive though, namely the damage he can do when getting if right.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

For those who went tonight? on 08:34 - Aug 23 with 5611 viewstextbackup

I'm gonna say it, if we finish top 10 and these young boys get game time.... I'd offer MM another contract.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

For those who went tonight? on 08:36 - Aug 23 with 5605 viewsKieran_Knows

For those who went tonight? on 08:34 - Aug 23 by textbackup

I'm gonna say it, if we finish top 10 and these young boys get game time.... I'd offer MM another contract.

Him and TC already have 2 year options (in the clubs favour I think) in the deals they signed last season. I think I said in another thread last week that January would probably be a good time to review whether it's worth taking them options up or not.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024