Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My take on the game. 22:15 - Aug 22 with 759 viewsMuswellblue

The main emotion for all town fans should be feeling is pride this evening.
From Gerken through to Folami all of the players acquitted themselves exceptionally well tonight and as the two old boys behind me said, the future should be bright.
Gerken again proved himself to be a good shot stopper and led the team well throughout, he almost seemed surprised how often the young back four showed for the ball from him, credit to Klug there.
Woolfenden looked a very athletic right back, a bit agricultural but I don't recall anyone really beating him, reminded me of a young McCauley. Fowler very much reminded me of Chambers, but with much better quality in possession, highlighted why Arsenal were after him at a young age, although he did make one slight mistake but still a great performance. Nydam is quality and will be a player a Championship level or above, I've said that before and tonight just reaffirmed that.
Downes again stood out, like a combination of Holland and Skuse, with a meatier tackle, natural successor to Skuse. McDonnell also played very well in the first half, in fact possibly outshone Downes, but tired as the game went on.
Celina looks nothing like Fraser or Lawrence, like a Champ version of Ronaldo in his first year or two at Man U, lots of class, gave the ball away a couple of times but could link so well with Didzy and Garner.
Credit to Morris also for his part in the goal, outran three of their players and was composed enough to square the ball for Celina.
Ultimately a great night and a great performance from such a young team.
I caught a couple of Palace fans as we left who clearly thought we had most of our first XI playing as they remarked 'you can see why they are right up there, solid at the back and keep possession well'
Well done Mick and Klug/Nash too.
Support was great tonight too, loved the roar after they scored from our fans in an attempt to lift the lads too!
[Post edited 22 Aug 2017 22:58]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024