Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The whole Club did us proud tonight. 02:17 - Aug 23 with 1921 viewsharlingblue

Despite a defeat tonight, this could be 'The Phoenix Rising' for our club.
MM stating his reasons for the squad selection, supporters understanding why.
Kluug/Nash Academy players, plus Gerkin, Rose and Celina and with MM's knowledge played as a team, with many now stating their worth in the Managers future plans.
Perhaps we don't need an emergency centre-back after the performance tonight?
Downes is a natural in midfield as are Nydam and the injured Dozzel, we have a lot of
ill and injured 1st team players that have to up their game, now the new boys are in Town?
Now for real Town supporters to forget the last two torrid years and start supporting the new sprouts of youth that is igniting the love of the game of both Manager and supporters of the club.
The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 02:27 - Aug 23 with 1904 viewsjeera

"MM stating his reasons for the squad selection, supporters understanding why. "

It is good to see that communication, you're right. But of course it has come about because of a positive start. Anything different and people wouldn't be listening.

Brilliant to see how the next generation are stepping up and as an aside nice to note Gerks getting some respect from fans, like he ever deserved otherwise.

But surely seeing at such an early stage of the campaign how fragile our squad is, it's still important to bring in another experienced player or 2?

I mean, we all know you'll never win anything with kids.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 2:29]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 03:42 - Aug 23 with 1839 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 02:27 - Aug 23 by jeera

"MM stating his reasons for the squad selection, supporters understanding why. "

It is good to see that communication, you're right. But of course it has come about because of a positive start. Anything different and people wouldn't be listening.

Brilliant to see how the next generation are stepping up and as an aside nice to note Gerks getting some respect from fans, like he ever deserved otherwise.

But surely seeing at such an early stage of the campaign how fragile our squad is, it's still important to bring in another experienced player or 2?

I mean, we all know you'll never win anything with kids.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 2:29]

The bit about Gerks is interesting.

At games, I've never actually seen with him (unlike with other scapegoats over the last 2/3 seasons like Douglas, Knudsen, chambers, smith, etc) when he was getting stuck on here, actually get people moan at him at the games.

He always got the respect but it was on here he seemed to be disliked as a keeper by many.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 03:52 - Aug 23 with 1827 viewspowinswitch

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 03:42 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

The bit about Gerks is interesting.

At games, I've never actually seen with him (unlike with other scapegoats over the last 2/3 seasons like Douglas, Knudsen, chambers, smith, etc) when he was getting stuck on here, actually get people moan at him at the games.

He always got the respect but it was on here he seemed to be disliked as a keeper by many.

I don't think Gerken is disliked at all. I just think people believe that Bart is a better option, and that the gap in ability is clear. Gerken appears to be a good pro to me, and a steady back up to a high quality keeper.
The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 04:30 - Aug 23 with 1804 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 03:52 - Aug 23 by powinswitch

I don't think Gerken is disliked at all. I just think people believe that Bart is a better option, and that the gap in ability is clear. Gerken appears to be a good pro to me, and a steady back up to a high quality keeper.

I don't mean now as such.

I'm talking 2 seasons back when Gerks was in the side ahead of Bart.

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 06:05 - Aug 23 with 1722 viewsBenters

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 04:30 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Bart is the better keeper .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 10:50 - Aug 23 with 1452 viewsNo9

I would like to see team management persevere with the youngsters
The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 11:10 - Aug 23 with 1399 viewspeterleeblue

I was pondering the phoenix rising idea myself last night.
Obviously very early days but our good start could well be supplemented by these promising youngsters and genuinely make us the surprise package this year.

The problem is we have to get promoted and then continue being the surprise package in the Premier League. If we cant get promoted in at least two season then the cats is out of the bag and the premiership vultures will circle and the club will be forced to cash in.

Maybe MM had a master plan after all and it is just taken time with the youngsters to come to fruition. Whatever it should be fund finding out. Looking forward to Leeds on the 23rd September.
The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 11:18 - Aug 23 with 1369 viewsclive_baker

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 04:30 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I don't recall him getting too much stick per se, just that Bart was seen as a better keeper and that's proven to be the case. Gerks is a decent back up, it's a fine balance between someone who's happy to sit on the bench and await their chance and actually good enough should they be required to step in, and Gerken gives us that. On top of that he's a thoroughly good guy, very down to earth and humble family man who's no doubt great to have around the place.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 12:36 - Aug 23 with 1307 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 06:05 - Aug 23 by Benters

Bart is the better keeper .

By an absolute mile

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 12:39 - Aug 23 with 1295 viewsxrayspecs

The whole Club did us proud tonight. on 10:50 - Aug 23 by No9

I would like to see team management persevere with the youngsters

Persevering with them should be mainly loaning them out to L1/L2 clubs to get more competitive game time - as per Emmanual and Moore.

Only a couple will be good enough to step up now - Nydam and Downes
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024