Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm not disappointed with the result last night 07:41 - Aug 23 with 7335 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don't blame MM for playing the kids given the injury situation, and in any case losing 2-1 away to a Premier League team is hardly a disgrace. I'm also very much glad we didn't get humped as it likely would have knocked some of the youngsters confidence

Reading the forum this morning though, you'd think we won the game. Talk about going overboard - it's like listening to Labour supporters after they lost the last election

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 07:49 - Aug 23 with 4525 viewsPendejo

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 07:49 - Aug 23 with 4548 viewshomer_123

Really?

I'm reading it as fans being supportive and genuinely pleased that not only did we play OK (you could argue well) but that we are starting to see some green shoots of young players coming through that can really add to the squad depth and be first team players.

It's also, not just this forum that are extolling the virtues of the team last night...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/aug/22/crystal-palace-ipswich-town-car

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:11 - Aug 23 with 4457 viewsLankHenners

It's not at all overboard or like that tortured simile to be honest, but I'll add 'being proud of a good display by what is essentially our youth team against Premier League opposition' as something not to do in the future. In fact I'll spit at them if I see one of them in the street.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:15 - Aug 23 with 4425 viewsBenters

Yaay we lost and all that !

Still we have had the best start since 1974 or something like that,so double yaay!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:36 - Aug 23 with 4371 viewsBlueBadger

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:15 - Aug 23 by Benters

Still we have had the best start since 1974 or something like that,so double yaay!

Here he is!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:37 - Aug 23 with 4367 viewsDolly2.0

You miserable ferker

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:41 - Aug 23 with 4347 viewsMullet

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:36 - Aug 23 by BlueBadger

Here he is!

"we"

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:45 - Aug 23 with 4336 viewsBluebell

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:41 - Aug 23 by Mullet

"we"

Here 'we' is?
Login to get fewer ads

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:24 - Aug 23 with 4290 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:37 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

You miserable ferker

Sorry that I don't get a hard on at losing to Crystal Palace

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:45 - Aug 23 with 4248 viewshomer_123

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:24 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well, that would be a bit odd.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:48 - Aug 23 with 4237 viewsKropotkin123

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:24 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Our youngest team in the history of the club was given a go against a premiership team. They performed well, catching the eye and praise of numerous national newspaper columnists. As they suggested, it gives hope for the future of the club that such talented players are coming through our youth system.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 4170 viewsjas0999

I'm disappointed when we lose - usually. But big exception last night.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a good result either. Clearly any loss isn't. BUT the performance is far more important on this occasion. World of good for the youngsters and the whole club.
I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:20 - Aug 23 with 4167 viewsDolly2.0

Did anyone?

Or are people pleased and hopeful for the future that the youngest team in our history wasn't disgraced by a Premier League team?

You miserable ferker.

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:48 - Aug 23 with 4129 viewsbluelou

Perhaps if you were at the game you would understand; that's the best I've seen us play for a while

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 4099 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 09:48 - Aug 23 by Kropotkin123

Our youngest team in the history of the club was given a go against a premiership team. They performed well, catching the eye and praise of numerous national newspaper columnists. As they suggested, it gives hope for the future of the club that such talented players are coming through our youth system.

I don't disagree with any of that. But:

This is the only time... by strikalite 22 Aug 2017 21:35
...I've felt like we've won when we've lost!

The kids did us proud...

Before I go... Everyone should be proud to a Town fan by wkj 22 Aug 2017 21:22
I leave on Thursday, but after listening to tonight's game-

We should be proud of our young men tonight and appreciate the club's new attitude this season

Great time to be a blue

COYB

The team tonight can be very proud! by Bluearmy71 22 Aug 2017 21:24
Well done lads a very good performance, we couldn't have wished for more.

As I said, I'm certainly not disappointed and some encouragement as far as the youngsters go, but some people do seem to be getting rather carried away

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:56 - Aug 23 with 4097 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:20 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

Did anyone?

Or are people pleased and hopeful for the future that the youngest team in our history wasn't disgraced by a Premier League team?

You miserable ferker.

Yes, one poster even suggested we couldn't have done any better

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:59 - Aug 23 with 4078 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:48 - Aug 23 by bluelou

Perhaps if you were at the game you would understand; that's the best I've seen us play for a while

I was at Luton but chose not to go last night in anticipation of the lineup and Palace being a bit of an a*se to get to

However, according to the match stats, we had 34% possession, 4 shots (compared to 18 for Palace) of which 1 was on target

Certainly no disgrace under the circumstances, but I highly doubt it was the best we have played for a while. Thanks for illustrating my point though

That may have been the case, but.... on 11:19 - Aug 23 with 4030 viewsBloots

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:56 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, one poster even suggested we couldn't have done any better

....did he actually have an erection when he said it?

These are the important facts we need to establish.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 11:32 - Aug 23 with 4007 viewsRyorry

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 10:59 - Aug 23 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I was at Luton but chose not to go last night in anticipation of the lineup and Palace being a bit of an a*se to get to

However, according to the match stats, we had 34% possession, 4 shots (compared to 18 for Palace) of which 1 was on target

Certainly no disgrace under the circumstances, but I highly doubt it was the best we have played for a while. Thanks for illustrating my point though

Perhaps you should consider the views of objective outsiders + a bit of context -

From The Guardian -
"Mick McCarthy had selected the youngest outfield side in Ipswich Town’s history, a team crammed with teenagers, debutants and exhilarating potential. As a glimpse of the quality being developed in that corner of Suffolk, this was hugely encouraging.

Flynn Downes and Adam McDonnell were a classy presence in central midfield. They were also sprightly on the flanks, with Ben Folami unsettling Scott Dann and Martin Kelly at times. Tristan Nydam, a midfielder playing at left-back, had the pace to compete with Palace’s wingers until Andros Townsend was introduced and the tiring limbs finally began to show."
The Guardian

From The Telegraph
"In a game which showcased the young talent that offers hope for the long-term future of Championship side Ipswich Town, it was the experience of James McArthur which proved the difference to send Crystal Palace through. The Scotland midfielder altered the direction of the contest with two moments of quality.

Mick McCarthy fielded the youngest outfield starting line-up in the club’s history at an average age of just 19. What they lacked in first-team experience, they made up for in cohesion given that they play together in the Under-23 side. It was that tightness which allowed them to limit the threat posed by Palace in the opening 45 minutes to a Scott Dann header and a Yohan Cabaye free-kick."

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

That may have been the case, but.... on 11:46 - Aug 23 with 3976 viewsDolly2.0

That may have been the case, but.... on 11:19 - Aug 23 by Bloots

....did he actually have an erection when he said it?

These are the important facts we need to establish.

Have an 'uppie'.

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 3934 viewsBenters

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:36 - Aug 23 by BlueBadger

Here he is!

balls

Gentlybentley

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 12:22 - Aug 23 with 3914 viewsBenters

Its the only way !

Win the league now.

Gentlybentley

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 12:29 - Aug 23 with 3879 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:15 - Aug 23 by Benters

Hahaha

All summer you kept bringing up the pointless stat about 'worst league finish in 40 years' but now it comes to the best start in years and you mock that one.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 12:30 - Aug 23 with 3873 viewsvapour_trail

I think what might be pertinent here is to look at who has aligned himself with you on this one.

Now go and reflect on how this could have happened.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 12:30 - Aug 23 with 3862 viewsBenters

I'm not disappointed with the result last night on 08:45 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

Here 'we' is?

Yeah i didnt get that either from the Lord of the North?

Gentlybentley

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024