Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? 11:23 - Aug 23 with 3850 viewsunbelievablue

Links please :)

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 11:25 - Aug 23 with 3842 viewsITFC1983

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1167651/chicken-and-chorizo-jambalaya

While playing...

In all seriousness, great tasting dish and easy to make without being time consuming. One of my wife's favourites.

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 11:29 - Aug 23 with 3831 viewsBluebell

I would say at the moment it's the paella that I make.

No recipe as it is in my head but is delicious, very easy to cook and good to whip up in a short time.
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 3753 viewsMedwayTractor

For informal dining or BBQs, my version of potato salad, ie, NO gloopy mayonnaise, new pots, tossed in olive oil, plus julienne spring onions, rocket, seasoning. Or proper Spanish omelette (cue comment from CIL), link here:

Home made ice cream in any flavour you like, except coconut, which is the food of the devil. If it's ice cream for adults only, with the appropriate flavour of booze, if available.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 13:12 - Aug 23 with 3718 viewsRyorry

In the days when I didn't have allergies - Hungarian Goulash - can be cooked with the best meat (I often used pheasant) or cheapest (flank of beef, actually the sweetest and tastiest). Fry onions, garlic, meat, loadsa tomatoes, a few carrots (+ any leftover veg) till starting to turn golden brown, add a couple of bay leaves + paprika & salt, tip into huge stockpot (or slow cooker), add 1/3 bottle+ red wine (or whatever's left over in bottle after you've taken a few swigs). Simmer for 3 hours+

Edit - you can coat the meat in flour (seasoned if you want) prior to frying - will add thickness/richness to the end product.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 15:25]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? ðŸ¤â€

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 13:16 - Aug 23 with 3705 viewsscotdoc

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 13:12 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

In the days when I didn't have allergies - Hungarian Goulash - can be cooked with the best meat (I often used pheasant) or cheapest (flank of beef, actually the sweetest and tastiest). Fry onions, garlic, meat, loadsa tomatoes, a few carrots (+ any leftover veg) till starting to turn golden brown, add a couple of bay leaves + paprika & salt, tip into huge stockpot (or slow cooker), add 1/3 bottle+ red wine (or whatever's left over in bottle after you've taken a few swigs). Simmer for 3 hours+

Edit - you can coat the meat in flour (seasoned if you want) prior to frying - will add thickness/richness to the end product.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 15:25]

Gordon Ramsey's cottage pie.
Monkfish filled with sundried tomatoes lemon juice and parsley wrapped in parma ham.
Just about any slow cooked curry
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 14:09 - Aug 23 with 3651 viewsHARRY10

where do you have to 'go to' ?
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 14:16 - Aug 23 with 3633 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Salmon tagliatelle

Smoked Salmon
tagliatelle
Cream
Red Onion
Cayenne Pepper
Paprika

Lovely Stuff.. About 5-10 minutes to make and always a winner
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 14:31 - Aug 23 with 3610 viewsBornBlue

This: http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/food/439974/VIDEO-MasterChef-winner-shows-ho

I've made it many times. Ladies seem to especially like it! Best bit is all the prep is done in advance. You just whack them in the oven for 12 minutes after your main meal...
Login to get fewer ads

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 16:16 - Aug 23 with 3524 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Off the top of my head:

Chicken, mushroom and asparagus risotto

Home made beer battered cod, triple cooked chips and minted mushy peas

Mascarpone and herb stuffed chicken wrapped in parma ham, with dauphinois potatoes and green beans

Plus more but I'm drawing a blank

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 16:39 - Aug 23 with 3491 viewsGogs

this is bloody lovely, and simple. Smoked haddock isn't cheap, but worth going out of your way for a good quality bit:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/creamy_lentils_with_14386
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 17:26 - Aug 23 with 3450 viewshoppy

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 11:29 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

I would say at the moment it's the paella that I make.

No recipe as it is in my head but is delicious, very easy to cook and good to whip up in a short time.

He was just wanting suggestions of dishes to impress, not ones that are quick to do so that he can get on with doing anything with whips...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:20 - Aug 23 with 3414 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Christ, are you saying she hasn't backed it up yet?
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:38 - Aug 23 with 3385 viewsunbelievablue

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:20 - Aug 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

Christ, are you saying she hasn't backed it up yet?

How crass.

I am trying to broaden my culinary horizons, nothing more.

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:41 - Aug 23 with 3376 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:38 - Aug 23 by unbelievablue

How crass.

I take it that's a no :-p
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:42 - Aug 23 with 3373 viewsunbelievablue

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:41 - Aug 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

I take it that's a no :-p

The three date theory is still relevant baby.

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:44 - Aug 23 with 3370 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:42 - Aug 23 by unbelievablue

The three date theory is still relevant baby.

It is.

My advice is don't worry about the food and ply her with alcohol
What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:44 - Aug 23 with 3369 viewsunbelievablue

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:44 - Aug 23 by FrowsyArmLarry

It is.

My advice is don't worry about the food and ply her with alcohol

It genuinely isn't anything to do with my new lady ha.

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 3366 viewsjeera

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:38 - Aug 23 by unbelievablue

How crass.

I'm doing a yeoman chicken thing this evening when I get home, if I'm sober enough. Muslim lass I 'know' sent me the recipe.

Bit of a slant on my usual efforts.

If it's any good I'll let you know.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 8:00]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:51 - Aug 23 with 3355 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

What's your go to 'cook to impress' recipe? on 18:44 - Aug 23 by unbelievablue

It genuinely isn't anything to do with my new lady ha.

In that case the only advice I have is go to a nice restaurant
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024