Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... 11:27 - Aug 23 with 3258 viewsBluebell

The first game of the season I wore jeans and a blue t-shirt and the team won. So I wore the same the next game and they won again etc. etc.

I didn't go last night so can't count that but I will have to wear the same again Saturday in case I make them lose by changing. I also have to wear my 2 Bobby Robson wrist bands to every game.

As people who know me will say I am a very sensible, reasonably intelligent woman. So why the superstition?

I suppose that makes me OCD but does anyone else have similar rituals that they need to do before watching Town play?
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:30 - Aug 23 with 3243 viewsKieran_Knows

Don't have any before watching Town, but did used to have a couple before I played football. Right goalkeeper glove on first and right football boot on first. Wasn't even really a reason behind it, but it's just something that I always used to do.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 11:30]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:39 - Aug 23 with 3208 viewsRobTheMonk

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:30 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Don't have any before watching Town, but did used to have a couple before I played football. Right goalkeeper glove on first and right football boot on first. Wasn't even really a reason behind it, but it's just something that I always used to do.

I did similar when I played 5'a side with the gloves. Also, we played in hockey goals and I'd always move them so they were perfectly aligned with the lines (they never were).
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:41 - Aug 23 with 3203 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:30 - Aug 23 by Kieran_Knows

Left shinpad & socks on before the right. Tie my boot laces up twice each and had to be one of the last ones ready to leave the changing room (bit of an issue when I was captain)

As for watching Town, I did have a pair of warm socks that I used to wear to watch us.. which ended after a couple of warm days in April where my shoes developed puddles with the inevitable sweating
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:44 - Aug 23 with 3191 viewsRyorry

I go round the house placing blue items such as T-shirts on top of any yellow ones that might be lurking around!!

I now have a choice of 2 T-shirts for league games, as didn't have time to swap my plain blue one for my new lucky navy one with ITFC badge on Saturday :)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:45 - Aug 23 with 3195 viewsmaccyd9

Yes I do.

I meet my mates at midday and drink beer until 2.55pm, between 3.45pm and 4pm and then again from 4.45pm.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:48 - Aug 23 with 3182 viewsPJH

Certainly, the ITFC T shirt that I wore for the wins against Birmingham,Barnsley,Millwall and Brentford will be worn again on Saturday-it does get washed.

For home games I take the same route from where we park to the ground including always going to the right hand side of the barrier as you come off Cardinal Park near KFC.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:56 - Aug 23 with 3156 viewsusm

Team I played for wore black shorts, and I would always wear my own ones, rather than the club ones - didnt always go down well. The number 4 shirt, obviously, and shirt worn outside of shorts - again not always appreciated!

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:24 - Aug 23 with 3085 viewsMagic31

I always note the turnstile I enter through and if we win, keep using that same one until we lose, then will change to another! North Stand turnstile 31 has been kind to me over the last few seasons.
Login to get fewer ads

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:34 - Aug 23 with 3050 viewsBenters

Yes i only go through a even number gate never a odd as im odd enough as it is.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:40 - Aug 23 with 3012 viewsReuser_is_God

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 11:56 - Aug 23 by usm

Team I played for wore black shorts, and I would always wear my own ones, rather than the club ones - didnt always go down well. The number 4 shirt, obviously, and shirt worn outside of shorts - again not always appreciated!

How anyone can play football with their shirt tucked in is beyond me.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:51 - Aug 23 with 2997 viewsgerard1947

Mine is during a match and a bit weird. I've probably watched a thousand or more games but have rarely seen Town score a penalty. I always close my eyes just before the ball is kicked.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 13:13 - Aug 23 with 2950 viewshomer_123

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:34 - Aug 23 by Benters

Yes i only go through a even number gate never a odd as im odd enough as it is.

That shows when the last time you went to PR then Benters....they use turnstiles now, not gates.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 13:21 - Aug 23 with 2931 viewsRyorry

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 12:51 - Aug 23 by gerard1947

Mine is during a match and a bit weird. I've probably watched a thousand or more games but have rarely seen Town score a penalty. I always close my eyes just before the ball is kicked.

Maybe we'd score them if you left your eyes open? ;)

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 13:25 - Aug 23 with 2918 viewsgerard1947

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 13:21 - Aug 23 by Ryorry

Maybe we'd score them if you left your eyes open? ;)

Maybe, can't remember how it started.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 13:38 - Aug 23 with 2899 viewsnorth_stand77

I won't wear opposition colour pants. If Town are playing another 'blue' team, my blue pants trumps theirs!
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 14:29 - Aug 23 with 2848 viewsBluebell

Mr Bluebell always goes up the same stairs from the concourse to our seat in the SBR Lower even though I go up different ones. He also uses the toilets at the end of the concourse instead of the ones near our seats.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 14:34 - Aug 23 with 2840 viewsuncle

Yeah, I wont leave the house until the good mrs uncle has given me a sarcastic remark about town being rubbish for as long as she's known me.
It's never slowed me down yet.
Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 14:36 - Aug 23 with 2836 viewsDyland

If I'm not driving, yes. Quaffing loads of booze.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 17:12 - Aug 23 with 2760 viewsbracknell_blue

I walk past Wolsey's statue on St Peters Street and stroke his cat.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 17:26 - Aug 23 with 2743 viewsBenters

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 14:29 - Aug 23 by Bluebell

Mr Bluebell always goes up the same stairs from the concourse to our seat in the SBR Lower even though I go up different ones. He also uses the toilets at the end of the concourse instead of the ones near our seats.

you have toilets near your seats posh innit?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 17:31 - Aug 23 with 2738 viewsJ2BLUE

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Does anybody else have match day rituals....... on 20:13 - Aug 23 with 2660 views3_5_2

Our goalkeeper used to wear a t-shirt under his gk top which was our lucky charm

Went the whole season unbeaten, including 12 clean sheets on the trot

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024