Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. 13:02 - Aug 23 with 2809 viewsN2_Blue

Some of our fans seem to be thinking he'll fail or stating he isn't a McCarthy character or will go back in January. Why?

The guy has played a game and half of football for us and at times showed plenty of good stuff. He's been ill and combined with an unbelievable start to our season he has not been involved as much as he would have thought.

The assist versus Luton was exceptional. Last night not everything came off but he showed plenty of potential got a well deserved goal. As well as we played it still couldn't have been easy for him in such an inexperienced side with no seniors helping guide him telling them what they wanted helping his decision making. He gave it away a couple of times but not in dangerous areas of the pitch.

Two great things:
Look at his reaction when he scores. This may have been his first professional goal, no celebration and it being about him, he immediately gets the ball and wants to go back to the half way line. He wanted to go get the equaliser!

Final whistle - he applauded our fans for at least a minute and bet he was encouraged by our support. He looked like he enjoyed himself.

Sure he's probably unhappy at not starting in the league, but I would be worried if he was happy to sit on the bench. It will be down to McCarthy to mange and for him to show right attitude but i don't think he's put a foot wrong...he's just keen and wants to play. He tracks back and isn't as selfish as Lawrence...i think he'll be an asset this season, with a mixture of starts and as impact sub, but he'll be hungry, he wants to impress.

Get behind the lad, we'll need him...it's a long season!

Edit: to change plenty of fans to some of our fans
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:31]

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 2788 viewshype313

There's lots of people on here who think themselves as having an eye for footballing talent, and having the ability to judge if someone will make it or not.

Strangely, the very same people work don't work in this particular field of expertise.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:18 - Aug 23 with 2721 viewsSideShow

I completely agree with you, and would like to add, that he himself is only 20.

I think because he's on loan from a big club with presumably a sizable fee attached to him, there's a fair amount of pressure on him to perform. And last night he was the most/2nd most experienced outfield player for us, in terms of league appearances.

I've not seen him play myself yet, but I do believe he will establish himself in our team this season.
Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:19 - Aug 23 with 2715 viewsReuser_is_God

I've not seen anyone on here say he'll fail?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:29 - Aug 23 with 2664 viewsClapham_Junction

Although I thought he gave the ball away a bit too easily a couple of times going forward in the first half, he always tracked back quickly and worked very well with Nydam down the left both attacking and defensively.
Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:52 - Aug 23 with 2584 viewsMullet

I don't think people have been that negative have they?

We've been winning without him as he's been largely ill or unfit for games. Most people seemed fairly excited about him and we're just waiting to see it now. What we have had from Luton was very well received and he capped off last night with a goal.

People are always going to question a player with that tag, who is clearly coming here fancying himself to be a main man and yet to show it. Lawrence took until November after all and even this month people were quick to slate him.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 14:00 - Aug 23 with 2550 viewsDubtractor

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:19 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Was thinking the same. Not been on here much in the last week, but only saw positive stuff up till then.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 14:05 - Aug 23 with 2526 viewsGarv

Can't say I've seen any negativity, apart from one chap saying he had a poor first half.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 15:46 - Aug 23 with 2344 viewsN2_Blue

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 13:19 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Chicozaul did, and at least another poster i can't remember their name, plus a few comments around me at the game last night when shock horror he lost the ball because that's such a crime and no other player does that!?

Login to get fewer ads

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 2302 viewsjaykay

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 15:46 - Aug 23 by N2_Blue

Chicozaul did, and at least another poster i can't remember their name, plus a few comments around me at the game last night when shock horror he lost the ball because that's such a crime and no other player does that!?

so only one then and maybe one other. your o. p. said plenty of posters.

is this what they call fake news

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 19:08 - Aug 23 with 2148 viewsN2_Blue

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 16:04 - Aug 23 by jaykay

so only one then and maybe one other. your o. p. said plenty of posters.

is this what they call fake news

Is that better?....if you must be pedantic :)

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 19:32 - Aug 23 with 2114 viewsNazemariner

The boy is mustard, but I can see him warming the bench for the next month or two.

The only one of the front four that you could possibly drop is Sears, and Mick has gone on record saying that he won't do that.
Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 21:56 - Aug 23 with 1968 viewsHarryfromBath

I can't say that I have picked up on too much negativity but I would agree with your assessment of his footballing ability. He is technically excellent, has a natural flair and balance and is incredibly keen to prove himself, much as Tom Lawrence did last season.

One extra thing I picked up on last night is that I think he is more of a threat operating centrally. Many players thrive out wide with the extra space and time they get, but I don't think he needs it.

It was noticeable last night. He was decent and a handful in the first half at Palace but in the last 15 or so minutes he seemed to operate more down the middle and Palace's defenders struggled with his movement and ability on the ball. He doesn't seem to need space to operate in and he found plenty of space for his finish.

That's a fair pile of assumptions you've jumped to there.....
Poll: Who Do You Think Will Win The Championship Play-offs?
Blog: How Mick McCarthy Accelerated His Own Departure

Bersant Celina...can people stop the bashing and saying he won't do it. on 23:59 - Aug 23 with 1887 viewsCurrie10

Lets nit pick a great article in typical negative fashion, not his first professional goal as scored a few in the Eredivisie. RAR RAR RAR.

For what it's worth, I think he'll be an absolute gem for us. Such a baller. Will surely get some substitution time vs Fulham, and perhaps further down the line could replace Sears out wide in a 4-4-2 or certainly come on a lot of last 25 - 30.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024