Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Taking back control 14:20 - Aug 23 with 12834 viewsvapour_trail

We're not really leaving the ECJ are we. A positive development.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Taking back control on 20:23 - Aug 23 with 4591 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 20:06 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

You started typing a reply to my post, which would have been fully displayed on you screen as you were typing, before seeing the post you were replying to/

Errr ok. If you say so.

You should embrace the magic of browser tabs and copy followed by paste.

Same sort of technology you use when creating posts based on articles from Guido.
Taking back control on 20:30 - Aug 23 with 4576 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 20:23 - Aug 23 by eireblue

You should embrace the magic of browser tabs and copy followed by paste.

Same sort of technology you use when creating posts based on articles from Guido.

Nice swerve. When typing a reply to a post, the post you are replying to is directly in front of you. You have to open my post up to reply to it.

Squirm, wriggle, squirm.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Taking back control on 21:59 - Aug 23 with 4537 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 20:30 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

Nice swerve. When typing a reply to a post, the post you are replying to is directly in front of you. You have to open my post up to reply to it.

Squirm, wriggle, squirm.

You have never used Chrome personas have you.

I think your ego is showing.
Repetition on 00:11 - Aug 24 with 4499 viewsfeelingblue

Taking back control on 18:08 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

What you mean is that I haven't come up with an answer that satisfies you continued wish for the UK to remain a fully functioning member of the EU.

No you have not come up with an argument which satisfies logic.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 0:12]
Taking back control on 06:04 - Aug 24 with 4458 viewsBenters

Taking back control on 18:24 - Aug 23 by Archer4721

Wow. GB must be so proud to have you four in tow for the ride.

Heil Heil.

Arf.

Rule Britannia !!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Taking back control on 06:49 - Aug 24 with 4438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 21:59 - Aug 23 by eireblue

You have never used Chrome personas have you.

I think your ego is showing.

You're making yourself look very foolish. To reply to a post you have to open it. You type your reply and hit the add reply button.

This has nothing to do with browsers. Stop digging.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 08:52 - Aug 24 with 4404 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 06:49 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

You're making yourself look very foolish. To reply to a post you have to open it. You type your reply and hit the add reply button.

This has nothing to do with browsers. Stop digging.

Oh dear, you are being a bit dim. Clearly I will have to join the dots for you.

I can have TWTD open on different browsers and tabs. Start a reply to one poster in one tab. Get distracted.

Finish some work off, notice the GB has responded, here comes the magic that has alluded you, in another browser tab, decide to cut + paste a previously started answer, but can't be arsed to edit the grammar.
It isn't difficult.

We don't all use browsers the same way you do GB, some of us may have multiple browsers on multiple screens at the same time. I think it will be beyond you to understand why this can be useful.

Obvious, since you struggle with this, I can see why you struggle with the difference between, an outcome, an assertion and a prediction.
Taking back control on 09:03 - Aug 24 with 4396 viewsBenters

Taking back control on 08:52 - Aug 24 by eireblue

I can have TWTD open on different browsers and tabs. Start a reply to one poster in one tab. Get distracted.

Finish some work off, notice the GB has responded, here comes the magic that has alluded you, in another browser tab, decide to cut + paste a previously started answer, but can't be arsed to edit the grammar.
It isn't difficult.

We don't all use browsers the same way you do GB, some of us may have multiple browsers on multiple screens at the same time. I think it will be beyond you to understand why this can be useful.

Obvious, since you struggle with this, I can see why you struggle with the difference between, an outcome, an assertion and a prediction.

Blimey do you work for NASA or something?

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Login to get fewer ads

Taking back control on 09:51 - Aug 24 with 4373 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 08:52 - Aug 24 by eireblue

It isn't difficult.

Squirm and wriggle. You cannot reply to a post without that post being open. No matter how man computers, search engines, browsers or tabs you are simultaneously working on you have to open the op to reply to it. You cannot type a reply to a post and hit "Add reply" without having the op open.

If you were typing a reply to another poster with "In the past GB has tried to answer the question "how will it benefit the people of the UK"

I think it is along the lines of, stuff will probably be a bit rough initially, but many economists agree that in 10 years or so the UK will be better off than if the UK had stayed in".

then why copy that onto your new reply to me? surely it would be easier to cut that part than type

"Started that before seeing your answer, so... "

Just admit you were trying to be smug and made a pratt of yourself.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 11:14 - Aug 24 with 4351 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 09:51 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Squirm and wriggle. You cannot reply to a post without that post being open. No matter how man computers, search engines, browsers or tabs you are simultaneously working on you have to open the op to reply to it. You cannot type a reply to a post and hit "Add reply" without having the op open.

If you were typing a reply to another poster with "In the past GB has tried to answer the question "how will it benefit the people of the UK"

I think it is along the lines of, stuff will probably be a bit rough initially, but many economists agree that in 10 years or so the UK will be better off than if the UK had stayed in".

then why copy that onto your new reply to me? surely it would be easier to cut that part than type

"Started that before seeing your answer, so... "

Just admit you were trying to be smug and made a pratt of yourself.

No. That was the sequence of events.

In your over excitement to do a bit of name calling on the internet, and by not accepting a reasonable explanation, I think you have being digging yourself deeper into the pratt hole.

The sequence of events was exactly as I described.

You are now doing some name calling, I am a liar and smug.

Just because I did something in an order that you wouldn't doesn't mean I didn't.

Feel free to explicitly call me a liar, or feel free to apologise.

Again, to give you one last chance to extract yourself, and you are being a bit dim.

I replied to one poster, so the context of the reply was different, I couldn't be arsed to change the grammar, so wrote "Started that..." In case you became confused.

Which it seems you have become, because you are keen to do a bit of name calling.
Clearly you are even more easily confused. Maybe I should have reworded everything to help you out.

An apology would bounce you back out of the pratt hole.
Taking back control on 11:15 - Aug 24 with 4348 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 09:03 - Aug 24 by Benters

Blimey do you work for NASA or something?

Or Something.
Taking back control on 11:39 - Aug 24 with 4339 viewsNo9

The UK is NOT taking back control.
The tories will do what their contributors tell them to.
Everything will still be run by EU companies who will work under civil law whether the tories like it or not.
Lies, Lies, Lies.
Taking back control on 11:58 - Aug 24 with 4310 viewsArcher4721

Taking back control on 11:14 - Aug 24 by eireblue

In your over excitement to do a bit of name calling on the internet, and by not accepting a reasonable explanation, I think you have being digging yourself deeper into the pratt hole.

Just because I did something in an order that you wouldn't doesn't mean I didn't.

Again, to give you one last chance to extract yourself, and you are being a bit dim.

I replied to one poster, so the context of the reply was different, I couldn't be arsed to change the grammar, so wrote "Started that..." In case you became confused.

Which it seems you have become, because you are keen to do a bit of name calling.
Clearly you are even more easily confused. Maybe I should have reworded everything to help you out.

Unless he is copying and pasting from Guido or The Spectator I'm afraid he's very limited in what he has to offer on any subject

So he has to resort to name calling .

Remember this is very serious business for our GB.
Taking back control on 12:03 - Aug 24 with 4305 viewsArcher4721

Taking back control on 06:04 - Aug 24 by Benters

Rule Britannia !!

Rule Britannia?

Is it the 1800's again?
Taking back control on 12:11 - Aug 24 with 4307 viewsNo9

Taking back control on 16:21 - Aug 23 by GlasgowBlue

I have neither the time or inclination to repeat something I have answered numerous times on here.

You have never provided any evidence have you?
Be honest now
Taking back control on 12:16 - Aug 24 with 4294 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 11:14 - Aug 24 by eireblue

"In your over excitement to do a bit of name calling on the internet"

08:52 - Aug 24 eireblue"Oh dear, you are being a bit dim".

Perhaps you were involved in a sequence of events that lead to you forgetting who started the name calling first?

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 4288 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 12:16 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

"In your over excitement to do a bit of name calling on the internet"

08:52 - Aug 24 eireblue"Oh dear, you are being a bit dim".

Perhaps you were involved in a sequence of events that lead to you forgetting who started the name calling first?

On this topic, I think you are being a bit dim.

You are not a dim person.
Taking back control on 12:53 - Aug 24 with 4261 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 12:31 - Aug 24 by eireblue

On this topic, I think you are being a bit dim.

You are not a dim person.

Flattery will get you everywhere. You'll note I haven't called you a liar. I have stated a fact, that when replying to a post you can actually see that post. And that it would be quicker to edit your copy and paste than type an explanation.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 13:01 - Aug 24 with 4258 viewsNo9

Taking back control on 12:03 - Aug 24 by Archer4721

Rule Britannia?

Is it the 1800's again?

That is where the tories want to take us - what will we do about it?
Taking back control on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 4239 viewseireblue

Taking back control on 12:53 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Flattery will get you everywhere. You'll note I haven't called you a liar. I have stated a fact, that when replying to a post you can actually see that post. And that it would be quicker to edit your copy and paste than type an explanation.

Well you are a politician.

Therefore I guess I should expect that you will make a wrong assumption, mention an irrelevant fact, decide that something would be better done the way you would do it, and of course completely avoid the original topic.
Taking back control on 13:27 - Aug 24 with 4221 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 13:19 - Aug 24 by eireblue

Well you are a politician.

Therefore I guess I should expect that you will make a wrong assumption, mention an irrelevant fact, decide that something would be better done the way you would do it, and of course completely avoid the original topic.

The original topic is whether ewe are leaving the ECJ or not. I answered that with my very first contribution to this thread.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 4198 viewsNo9

Taking back control on 13:27 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

The original topic is whether ewe are leaving the ECJ or not. I answered that with my very first contribution to this thread.

If you wish to do business with the EU your contracts / servcie agreements will come under 'Civil Law' which is the basis of law in the 27 'other' countries.
Civil Law will ultimately come under the ECJ if disuptes cannot eb settled via the EU arbitrations process.
All these arbitration cases are moving out of London.
Taking back control on 14:56 - Aug 24 with 4179 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 14:02 - Aug 24 by No9

If you wish to do business with the EU your contracts / servcie agreements will come under 'Civil Law' which is the basis of law in the 27 'other' countries.
Civil Law will ultimately come under the ECJ if disuptes cannot eb settled via the EU arbitrations process.
All these arbitration cases are moving out of London.

Only 6% of British companies do any business at all with the rest of the EU yet 100% of UK companies must apply 100% of EU regulations. Post Brexit the 94% (85% of the UK economy BTW) will be free from EU directives and regulations.

Post Brexit any trade dispute with the EU will come under the EFTA court who will arbitrate between the UK and EU. A big difference between the two is that EFTA is that it is completely independent of the EU, is not political motivated in the way the ECJ is and cannot have direct effect on UK law.

It's also worth noting that the EU generated 52,183 legal instruments between 2000 and 2013, of which Norway adopted 4,724 (9%) yet has complete access to the single market through the EEA. Iceland also has the same access and adopted 6,326 out of 62,809 legal instruments during the same period Switzerland, who have access through EFTA has adopted absolutely zero.

As a member of the EU we currently have to implement 100%.

Iron Lion Zion

Taking back control on 14:57 - Aug 24 with 4177 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Taking back control on 14:56 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

Only 6% of British companies do any business at all with the rest of the EU yet 100% of UK companies must apply 100% of EU regulations. Post Brexit the 94% (85% of the UK economy BTW) will be free from EU directives and regulations.

Post Brexit any trade dispute with the EU will come under the EFTA court who will arbitrate between the UK and EU. A big difference between the two is that EFTA is that it is completely independent of the EU, is not political motivated in the way the ECJ is and cannot have direct effect on UK law.

It's also worth noting that the EU generated 52,183 legal instruments between 2000 and 2013, of which Norway adopted 4,724 (9%) yet has complete access to the single market through the EEA. Iceland also has the same access and adopted 6,326 out of 62,809 legal instruments during the same period Switzerland, who have access through EFTA has adopted absolutely zero.

As a member of the EU we currently have to implement 100%.

85% of the UK economy in what terms?
Taking back control on 15:51 - Aug 24 with 4142 viewsGlasgowBlue

Taking back control on 14:57 - Aug 24 by PrideOfTheEast

85% of the UK economy in what terms?

According to the Office for National Statistics

The £240 billion exports of goods and services to other EU countries were worth about 12% of the value of the British economy in 2016. It’s been at around 12-15% over the past decade so I was actually being conservative with the figure of 85%. It currently stands at 88%.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/economy/nationalaccounts/balanceofpayments/bulletins/uktr

https://fullfact.org/europe/uk-eu-trade/

So we have a situation where only 6% of British companies do any business at all with the rest of the EU yet 100% of UK companies must apply 100% of EU regulations. The 94% of British companies who do not export to the EU make up between 85-88% of the UK economy .

Iron Lion Zion

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024