Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgetting to pay the DART charge 14:59 - Aug 23 with 8732 viewsartsbossbeard

Hands up, I've erred and not paid it in the requisite time. I had a bit of a nightmare journey down to the Basingstoke office last week and opted to go the long way over the bridge as the other way wasn't moving but clean forgot to pay the bloody thing.

I've just called and they've advised that whilst they've not issued the fine yet, it's pending and therefore can't simply be paid to negate. The lass suggested that I might simply be given the option of paying the £2.50 if I pay online on the day that the fine arrives (which will be difficult as it's a company car and will go through the lease company). Anyone had this? Could you simply pay £2.50 online on the day you've received the fine?

Ta

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:02 - Aug 23 with 7475 viewsbluelou

Make sure you've paid the toll asap then you're in a much better position when you contest the charge. I've forgotten to pay it loads of times and paid the toll eventually when I remember and I've never been fined.

Poll: What will have the greatest positive impact on attendances next season?

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:03 - Aug 23 with 7466 viewsMuswellblue

First time offence they'll let you off with just paying £2.50, just call them up now and settle it.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:09 - Aug 23 with 7435 viewsartsbossbeard

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:03 - Aug 23 by Muswellblue

First time offence they'll let you off with just paying £2.50, just call them up now and settle it.

That's what I tried to do but they wouldn't let me.

I'll pop £2.50 onto DART now anyway. I'll use it soon enough.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:12 - Aug 23 with 7419 viewsAce_High1

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:09 - Aug 23 by artsbossbeard

I had the exact same thing. Had a nightmare journey and hadn't planned using the crossing so completely forgot to pay it.

I received a letter saying I was being fined and to log into the system to pay it with a 50% reduction if I did it within one week. When I logged in and input the reference from the letter it said I only had to pay £2.50. I made the payment and even emailed them to confirm as the letter read that I had to pay £2.50 + 50% of the fine but it appears not.

Therefore if you can, pay it online.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:14 - Aug 23 with 7402 viewsBurwell_Blue

If it's your regular car then simply register it and the funds will be deducted automatically for the part indescretion and future journeys.

All our company cars are registered in this way, the congestion charge also, and the company just picks up the tab on a montly basis.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:19 - Aug 23 with 7392 viewsCoastalblue

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:14 - Aug 23 by Burwell_Blue

If it's your regular car then simply register it and the funds will be deducted automatically for the part indescretion and future journeys.

All our company cars are registered in this way, the congestion charge also, and the company just picks up the tab on a montly basis.

I had similar, we changed our company credit cards and forgot to update the dart chart.
Got the letter for around 5 crossings unpaid through the lease company, logged in and swapped card details and just had to pay the standard crossing charges. This was about 6-8 weeks after the crossing too so doubt you'll get any worse unless they have changed something.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:21 - Aug 23 with 7371 viewsfactual_blue

Why not just open a pay as you go account? You then get debited every time you go through.

No discount unlike the season tickets or whatever, but no hassle either.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:24 - Aug 23 with 7348 viewshomer_123

Wait for the fine to arrive, then ring through - if first offence, you can just pay the £2.50 (usually).

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:25 - Aug 23 with 7344 viewsLord_Lucan

When I eventually made it back from Mexico I realised after a few days that I hadn't paid there or back through the tunnel. I phoned them explaining this and he just took a card over the phone for the normal fees.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:26 - Aug 23 with 7337 viewsartsbossbeard

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:21 - Aug 23 by factual_blue

Why not just open a pay as you go account? You then get debited every time you go through.

Just seen that on the site. I do use it enough for that to make sense.

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:27 - Aug 23 with 7332 viewsGeoffSentence

My longest was about two weeks after going through the tunnel, woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night recalling that I hadn't paid it, dashed downstairs and paid online there and then. All was well.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:30 - Aug 23 with 7308 viewsLord_Lucan

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:27 - Aug 23 by GeoffSentence

My longest was about two weeks after going through the tunnel, woke up in a sweat in the middle of the night recalling that I hadn't paid it, dashed downstairs and paid online there and then. All was well.

Blimey, are you generally an anxious person? Whatever you had done when you woke up wouldn't have affected the outcome. You should have rolled back to sleep and paid it in the morning.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:31 - Aug 23 with 7291 viewsPendejo

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:21 - Aug 23 by factual_blue

and its £1.67 instead of £2.50

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:32 - Aug 23 with 7290 viewsblueislander

I went through in a hire car having paid on-line, and a few weeks later had a letter from the car rental firm to say that I hadn't paid . I told them I had actually paid it, and they said that they would appeal on my behalf. They did so, and a further few weeks later they informed me that the appeal had not been allowed , and that I had to pay the charge , plus their administration cost. I then took it up myself with the Dart people, but they insisted that I had not paid at the time. I then gave up.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:34 - Aug 23 with 7271 viewsGeoffSentence

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:30 - Aug 23 by Lord_Lucan

Blimey, are you generally an anxious person? Whatever you had done when you woke up wouldn't have affected the outcome. You should have rolled back to sleep and paid it in the morning.

I am. Currently I am anxious about the view I will get from my restricted view QPR seat. Will I see anything? What important stuff will I miss? I am close to the front and in the upper tier, what if I fall over the edge? What do I do if someone starts smoking up there?

Life is frightening Lucan.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:48 - Aug 23 with 7214 viewsPendejo

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:32 - Aug 23 by blueislander

I went through in a hire car having paid on-line, and a few weeks later had a letter from the car rental firm to say that I hadn't paid . I told them I had actually paid it, and they said that they would appeal on my behalf. They did so, and a further few weeks later they informed me that the appeal had not been allowed , and that I had to pay the charge , plus their administration cost. I then took it up myself with the Dart people, but they insisted that I had not paid at the time. I then gave up.

Surely there was an audit trail?

DART are sneaky barstewards.
I changed my car in May but rarely use Dartford [prefer Rotherhithe & A13], however, I knew that I would be using it and went to change cars on my account; there was this feature "Find your car" [which normally indicates they produce make & model for the reg] so I put in the new details and they said I hadn't gone over the bridge yet, so best to pay for that one alone then update the account.
After logging out then in again I successfully deleted old car and replaced it with the "new" one.
However, much prefer having a DART account to the toll booth system, much quciker over the bridge [I NEVER use the tunnel!]

uberima fides

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:58 - Aug 23 with 7191 viewsblueislander

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:48 - Aug 23 by Pendejo

Surely there was an audit trail?

DART are sneaky barstewards.
I changed my car in May but rarely use Dartford [prefer Rotherhithe & A13], however, I knew that I would be using it and went to change cars on my account; there was this feature "Find your car" [which normally indicates they produce make & model for the reg] so I put in the new details and they said I hadn't gone over the bridge yet, so best to pay for that one alone then update the account.
After logging out then in again I successfully deleted old car and replaced it with the "new" one.
However, much prefer having a DART account to the toll booth system, much quciker over the bridge [I NEVER use the tunnel!]

I sent them a copy of the credit card statement which reflected the payment having been made, but they still denied it. My only recourse then would have been to take some sort of legal action which would have been very time consuming, particularly as I am not resident in the UK.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:10 - Aug 23 with 7159 viewsBasuco

As stated below open an account ASAP, in the past this has prevented a fine. It is worth it for the £10. It worked for a friend of mine and someone else on here previously.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:24 - Aug 23 with 7120 viewsSacrebleu

The lease company will probably slap you with a handling charge as well.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:35 - Aug 23 with 7093 viewsPendejo

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:58 - Aug 23 by blueislander

I sent them a copy of the credit card statement which reflected the payment having been made, but they still denied it. My only recourse then would have been to take some sort of legal action which would have been very time consuming, particularly as I am not resident in the UK.

uberima fides

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:40 - Aug 23 with 7076 viewsblueislander

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:24 - Aug 23 by Sacrebleu

They did indeed.
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:54 - Aug 23 with 7045 viewsartsbossbeard

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 16:24 - Aug 23 by Sacrebleu

Yep, that's what I'm keen to avoid, if possible.

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 17:03 - Aug 23 with 7031 viewssilkcutblue

Happened to me the other week when we played Gillingham. First offence think they go by car registration so as long as your pay prompt its just the 2.50 not sure about hire lease cars though
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 17:18 - Aug 23 with 6982 viewsMuswellblue

Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 15:09 - Aug 23 by artsbossbeard

That's strange, I'm sure I was able to do that.

I think you can only top up with £10 FYI
Forgetting to pay the DART charge on 18:54 - Aug 23 with 6892 viewsxrayspecs

Same experience. Got a fine for using a rental car when mine was being repaired. Called them to explain situation and was allowed to pay £2.50 as it was first offence. May have helped that they could see I had an account. Have to say was relatively well handled by them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024