Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already 18:03 - Aug 23 with 10600 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Wtf

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 18:32 - Aug 23 with 5436 viewsArcher4721

Publicity. Pure and Simple. Plus the fact they probably haven't laid much on the fight yet.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 18:37 - Aug 23 with 5414 viewsjpring89

Yes i heard that on the radio earlier. Soon find out if that was a stupid decision. Seem to remember them paying out on Man u to Win the league and then City won it.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 18:47 - Aug 23 with 5388 viewsHerbivore

Sensible move, the publicity will mean they'll get a lot of action on McGregor now I imagine and it's all basically free money for them. They know the fight is a foregone conclusion.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 18:54 - Aug 23 with 5357 viewsBlue_Order

They'll be paying out on us winning the league when we pump Fulham on Saturday.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:04 - Aug 23 with 5328 viewsclive_baker

Publicity stunt innit, gets chumps like you talking about it.

Meanwhile, Burnley @ 11/10 tonight to beat Blackburn in 90. Sorry Mogga but that's nice odds.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:26 - Aug 23 with 5273 viewsN2_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:04 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

Meanwhile, Burnley @ 11/10 tonight to beat Blackburn in 90. Sorry Mogga but that's nice odds.

Personally wouldn't go anywhere near that game. Burnley normally much weaker away, Lancashire derby, changed line up. I don't see the value?

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:39 - Aug 23 with 5249 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:04 - Aug 23 by clive_baker

11/10 to win a Lancashire Derby away from home?

Not a bet for me

Kilara Phoroah in the 8:51 at Peterborough at 8/1 is the vale each way bet 3 places Skybet. Absolute certainty to place at the very least. If it gets on the bunny, will potentially win.

Race is also on Sky sports.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:40 - Aug 23 with 5241 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 18:47 - Aug 23 by Herbivore

Sensible move, the publicity will mean they'll get a lot of action on McGregor now I imagine and it's all basically free money for them. They know the fight is a foregone conclusion.

People who don't watch UFC think it's a forefone conclusion.

His punching power is seriously impressive. And his chin is very good. But it's hand speed that will cause problems even with gloves. The fact they're 8lb gloves will help.

If I buy the fight (first time I would have gone for a stream in a long long time), I might even stick a tenner on McGregor at 4/1

I really really hope Connor wins though.

Login to get fewer ads

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:04 - Aug 23 with 5177 viewsgtsb1966

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:40 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

His punching power is seriously impressive. And his chin is very good. But it's hand speed that will cause problems even with gloves. The fact they're 8lb gloves will help.

If I buy the fight (first time I would have gone for a stream in a long long time), I might even stick a tenner on McGregor at 4/1

It is a foregone conclusion if Mayweather wants it to be. There is a lot more to boxing than punching.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:45 - Aug 23 with 5092 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:04 - Aug 23 by gtsb1966

It is a foregone conclusion if Mayweather wants it to be. There is a lot more to boxing than punching.

I know of people putting £180,000 on Mayweather at 2/9 to win £40,000

Absolute bonkers

McGregors hand speed is something most boxers would dream of having. Mayweather hasn't seen someone with that speed of punch and movement and that's why I think he will stun the world Saturday

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:48 - Aug 23 with 5079 viewsclive_baker

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:39 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Not a bet for me

Kilara Phoroah in the 8:51 at Peterborough at 8/1 is the vale each way bet 3 places Skybet. Absolute certainty to place at the very least. If it gets on the bunny, will potentially win.

It's because it's a derby that I fancy it. Any other L1 team and Burnley wouldn't be up for it, but they know they have to win tonight and quality should tell through. Think they've won their last 6 v Blackburn.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:48 - Aug 23 with 5078 viewsJakeITFC

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:45 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Absolute bonkers

McGregors hand speed is something most boxers would dream of having. Mayweather hasn't seen someone with that speed of punch and movement and that's why I think he will stun the world Saturday

Your last paragraph has a lot wrong with it.
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:56 - Aug 23 with 5048 viewsJ2BLUE

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:45 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Absolute bonkers

Paddy Power and Betfair are owned by the parent company Paddy Power Betfair. I assume as part of that arragement PP have a 0% commission exchange account to manage liabilities. They can pay out at 2/9 and and cover themselves on Betfair for as much as they want. It's a risk free publicity stunt.

Ladbrokes will likely use Betdaq to do something similar if the liquidity is there on Betdaq.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:59 - Aug 23 with 5044 viewsColin_Viljoen

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:39 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

Not a bet for me

I put £100 on it................how did it go??
Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:02 - Aug 23 with 5029 viewsJ2BLUE

Not a bet for me

Someone of your experience should know better than EVER using 'certainty'.

Truly impaired.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:03 - Aug 23 with 5025 viewsDolly2.0

Not a bet for me

"Kilara Phoroah in the 8:51 at Peterborough at 8/1 is the vale each way bet 3 places Skybet. Absolute certainty to place at the very least. If it gets on the bunny, will potentially win."

And this is why gambling's a mugs game people.

It came last.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:05 - Aug 23 with 5017 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 20:59 - Aug 23 by Colin_Viljoen

I put £100 on it................how did it go??

Haha.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:06 - Aug 23 with 5002 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:02 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

He'll be along any time soon with a load of excuses.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:08 - Aug 23 with 4989 viewsJ2BLUE

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:03 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

"Kilara Phoroah in the 8:51 at Peterborough at 8/1 is the vale each way bet 3 places Skybet. Absolute certainty to place at the very least. If it gets on the bunny, will potentially win."

It came last.

It's not a mug's game if you have a sensible consistent staking plan and choose your bets very carefully.

It's extremely difficult though and I am happy to admit I can't make a profit from it long term which is why I mainly stick to matched betting which does produce risk free profits if you do it correctly.

Truly impaired.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:09 - Aug 23 with 4991 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:03 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

It came last.

Cramped up quite badly off the 6th bend

Trainer says it's ok though

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:09 - Aug 23 with 4988 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:06 - Aug 23 by Dolly2.0

He'll be along any time soon with a load of excuses.

No excuse

It didn't place as expected.

Though it did cramp. More importantly, the greyhound is OK

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:11 - Aug 23 with 4975 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:02 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

That's a fair point.

A bad choice of words.

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:17 - Aug 23 with 4943 viewsMullet

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 19:40 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

His "punching power" was because he absolutely killed himself to get to Featherweight, when he fought Diaz - nothing much comparatively speaking. He no longer had the height and reach advantage to make his timing count so effectively.

Plus he catches people going backwards, look at Poirier actually caught him with the elbow on the back of the head to win the fight. Aldo he psyched out into charging onto the fadeaway hook. It was impressive, but don't forget Mayweather fought Canelo and I'd take a punch off Conor before the ginger Mexican lad every time.

Also they're 8oz gloves mate, 8lbs would be like some comedy death gloves. That plays into Mayweather's hands not Conor's.

Floyd is the boxer and can land volume, going backwards and off the ropes. Neither of that suits McGregor. You're also talking about the world's greatest defensive boxer. He can already move out of the way of gloves which are bigger with ease, the size thing only really plays into his hands offensively and defensively.

His accuracy and technique will be assisted by those. The only X factor is his busted up hands. If they go or swell that might be Conor's best chance. But plenty of boxers have overcome that over long matches.

It's worth noting Diaz beat him easily at boxing range the first time around and he regularly spars Andre Ward et al. The difference between McGregor the first and second time was enough to negate that range and change the fight but it was a hell of a test for him.

I've been watching him since Cage Warriors and don't fancy his chances much at all. A lot of people in the media are getting paid to talk up his chances and that depresses me immensely as I had a fair bit of respect for some of them.

The best weapon he has is surprise. There's no boxing footage of him out there (the edited Malinaggi stuff isn't even that convincing and Paulie is coming off the couch there anyway) Listen to all the breakdowns and they talk about shots that work in MMA because you're guarding kicks and takedowns, in boxing you get cracked for leaving gaps like that.

McGregor's got a chance and it's maybe more than a puncher's chance but not much. If this is the Floyd we're used to seeing he gets blown away. If time has taken a toll it helps him, but not much. He may well crack Floyd, but if that's the plan he's going in struggling, better than him have needed way more than that and come up woefully short.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:17 - Aug 23 with 4940 viewsfactual_blue

Absolute bonkers

If you've put the bet on a relatively short time before the bets are paid, you've made an excellent return. Turning £180k into £220k is an excellent return: 22% in a matter of days or so.

No doubt there are people who make a living like that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:20 - Aug 23 with 4929 viewsDolly2.0

Paddy Power have paid out on Mayweather winning already on 21:08 - Aug 23 by J2BLUE

It's not a mug's game if you have a sensible consistent staking plan and choose your bets very carefully.

It's extremely difficult though and I am happy to admit I can't make a profit from it long term which is why I mainly stick to matched betting which does produce risk free profits if you do it correctly.

Matched betting's not really gambling though.

Re gambling: You can choose your bets as carefully as you like - Rommers does, and his dead cert for a place at the very least came last.

I rest my case.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024