Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football 18:43 - Aug 23 with 2337 viewsRadlett_blue

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/aug/23/manchester-city-tunnel-clu

Manchester City's "Tunnel club".
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 18:43]

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 18:52 - Aug 23 with 2289 viewsLankHenners

Ah, this provides the context to what I saw on Twitter earlier:

Indeed, another willy-waving show of wealth that anyone with half a brain would dismiss as by morons for morons.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 19:22 - Aug 23 with 2238 viewsDanTheMan

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 18:52 - Aug 23 by LankHenners

Indeed, another willy-waving show of wealth that anyone with half a brain would dismiss as by morons for morons.

£200? Pfft, practically a bargain

https://tickets.mancity.com/hospitality-facilities.aspx?eid=17597&schedid=61400

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 20:04 - Aug 23 with 2203 viewsLord_Lucan

I think Spurs have designed similar - or worse.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 20:14 - Aug 23 with 2195 viewsm14_blue

Add to that the 17 year old, English, City player rolling around holding his face after Jack Wilshere pushed him over in an u23 game.

There's almost nothing to like about football at the top level any more.
here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 21:20 - Aug 23 with 2074 viewsWestSussexBlue

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 18:52 - Aug 23 by LankHenners

Indeed' this sums up the state of modern premier league football.
He, whoever he is completely oblivious to any fans particularly young who just want to see their heroes.
I missed many a train home from Ipswich to Swindon after waiting to see my heroes leave the stadium after matches in the early 90s, but you know what, never was an autograph or a quick hello too much trouble. Dozzell, Stockwell Kiwomya and more far more my heroes.
on 21:37 - Aug 23 with 2044 views_

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 20:14 - Aug 23 by m14_blue

Add to that the 17 year old, English, City player rolling around holding his face after Jack Wilshere pushed him over in an u23 game.

There's almost nothing to like about football at the top level any more.

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 22:14 - Aug 23 with 2003 viewsm14_blue

on 21:37 - Aug 23 by _

Nice one, well done.

These players are representing clubs at the top level and could well be the future of English football, both domestically and internationally.

I'd say that the institutionalised and seemingly irreversible epidemic of cheating in order to get opponents sent off should be a concern.

At the very least it's an annoyance, similar to the tunnel tickets in the OP.

Every time I watch one of the 'big 6' play it makes me even more grateful that I support Ipswich.
(No subject) (n/t) on 22:14 - Aug 23 with 2000 viewsm14_blue

on 21:37 - Aug 23 by _

Login to get fewer ads

on 16:13 - Aug 25 with 1782 views_

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 22:14 - Aug 23 by m14_blue

Nice one, well done.

These players are representing clubs at the top level and could well be the future of English football, both domestically and internationally.

I'd say that the institutionalised and seemingly irreversible epidemic of cheating in order to get opponents sent off should be a concern.

At the very least it's an annoyance, similar to the tunnel tickets in the OP.

Every time I watch one of the 'big 6' play it makes me even more grateful that I support Ipswich.

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 16:32 - Aug 25 with 1763 viewsAdmiralFunge

on 16:13 - Aug 25 by _

Not fully on-board with your point here, sunshine.

Real Madrid and Barcelona cheat to excess, repeatedly. Everyone else aspires to be just like them. It's basically bullsh1t.

The fact that I'm much happier Garner plays for us, as opposed to against us, doesn't mean I particularly enjoy his style of play. Same was true of Mings - he was king of the sneaky wind-up (oo-er...)

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

on 16:50 - Aug 25 with 1734 views_

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 16:32 - Aug 25 by AdmiralFunge

Not fully on-board with your point here, sunshine.

Real Madrid and Barcelona cheat to excess, repeatedly. Everyone else aspires to be just like them. It's basically bullsh1t.

The fact that I'm much happier Garner plays for us, as opposed to against us, doesn't mean I particularly enjoy his style of play. Same was true of Mings - he was king of the sneaky wind-up (oo-er...)

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 16:52 - Aug 25 with 1724 viewsJ2BLUE

The Man City tunnel with one way glass so people can stand the other side and see the players sums it up for me. There is such a thing as too much access. I used to watch WWE and gradually an entertainment company focused on storylines and (fake) wrestling became a marketing company where everything was done to maximise revenue and the actually core product became secondary. Football is starting to do the same thing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 16:54 - Aug 25 with 1721 viewsm14_blue

on 16:13 - Aug 25 by _

You've probably got a point regarding the extra coverage although I'm sure it's got notedly worse even in the last decade or so.

You're completely wrong about the hypothetical Garner situation though. I hate cheating and hate it even more when it's our player doing it.
on 16:54 - Aug 25 with 1721 views_

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 16:52 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

The Man City tunnel with one way glass so people can stand the other side and see the players sums it up for me. There is such a thing as too much access. I used to watch WWE and gradually an entertainment company focused on storylines and (fake) wrestling became a marketing company where everything was done to maximise revenue and the actually core product became secondary. Football is starting to do the same thing.

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 17:07 - Aug 25 with 1690 viewsJ2BLUE

on 16:54 - Aug 25 by _

That's a little bit different. It's part of the televised game day.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 17:45 - Aug 25 with 1651 views_

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 17:07 - Aug 25 by J2BLUE

That's a little bit different. It's part of the televised game day.

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 18:00 - Aug 25 with 1642 viewsFreddies_Ears

here's something new to add to my recent list of the woes of modern football on 20:04 - Aug 23 by Lord_Lucan

I think Spurs have designed similar - or worse.

The Spurs one costs £30,000 per season (that does give you 2 places). It is perfect for the lottery-winning twtd-er as it gives you a half-time cheeseboard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024