Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TIB presents... 22:06 - Aug 23 with 2391 viewsTIB

"Scandinavian Planes, Trains, Boats & Automobiles".

A video edit of my recent trip to Norway and Sweden.

Enjoy.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 22:18]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

TIB presents... on 23:48 - Aug 23 with 2332 viewshorsehollerer

Superb cut.

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

TIB presents... on 01:14 - Aug 24 with 2313 viewsmos

Pretty good video! Enjoyed it.

As someone who has done lots of work in video editing, and cinematography, in software like Premier Pro or Adobe After Effects you can use something called 'warp stabiliser' and basically it will try and remove any camera shake, it won't work on clips where the camera is all over the place, but if the video clip has a small bit of shake, warp stabiliser will smooth it out. For example, if you wanted your drone shots to be super smooth (a little bit of wind may have caused some minimal shake) you can use warp stabiliser to try and smooth it out.

Also, for slow mo shots, I'm not sure how you're editing them, if it's a feature on the GoPro/camera I'm not sure, or if you're manually making the clip slow in editing. But if you're making the clip slower in editing, you can use 'Optical flow' or twixtor, twixtor costs, so just use optical flow. And badically say the video clip was recorded in 30 FPS, when it is slow mo'd it will look choppy as the information in the clip is being dragged out, so it looks more like a slideshow. But by adding optical flow to the clip it will add a fake frame in between two legit frames, making it seem more smooth, and making the shot seem like it has a higher frame rate, it doesn't always work, but normally it does.

Great video.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 1:17]

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

TIB presents... on 01:55 - Aug 24 with 2301 viewsconnorscontract

Nice. The drone footage really adds something.
TIB presents... on 07:50 - Aug 24 with 2248 viewsSteve_M

Yeah, that scenery is ok I suppose.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

TIB presents... on 07:56 - Aug 24 with 2241 viewsMullet

TIB presents... on 07:50 - Aug 24 by Steve_M

Yeah, that scenery is ok I suppose.

Bit like Blythburgh mudflats innit.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

TIB presents... on 08:02 - Aug 24 with 2239 viewsBenters

Nice job.

Ive seen you in the bogs at a pub in Waterloo on the way to Brentford.

Looks beautiful there mate .

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

TIB presents... on 08:25 - Aug 24 with 2217 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

TIB presents... on 08:02 - Aug 24 by Benters

Nice job.

Ive seen you in the bogs at a pub in Waterloo on the way to Brentford.

Looks beautiful there mate .

Benters do you do this stuff on purpose? The bogs can't be that "beautiful".....comedy genius.
.....Tib, Mrs Slave wants to know what the music is and we both wondered how you could afford all the helicopter trips...what's a drone, surely you can't get wasps to film for you !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TIB presents... on 09:28 - Aug 24 with 2187 viewsTIB

TIB presents... on 01:14 - Aug 24 by mos

Pretty good video! Enjoyed it.

As someone who has done lots of work in video editing, and cinematography, in software like Premier Pro or Adobe After Effects you can use something called 'warp stabiliser' and basically it will try and remove any camera shake, it won't work on clips where the camera is all over the place, but if the video clip has a small bit of shake, warp stabiliser will smooth it out. For example, if you wanted your drone shots to be super smooth (a little bit of wind may have caused some minimal shake) you can use warp stabiliser to try and smooth it out.

Also, for slow mo shots, I'm not sure how you're editing them, if it's a feature on the GoPro/camera I'm not sure, or if you're manually making the clip slow in editing. But if you're making the clip slower in editing, you can use 'Optical flow' or twixtor, twixtor costs, so just use optical flow. And badically say the video clip was recorded in 30 FPS, when it is slow mo'd it will look choppy as the information in the clip is being dragged out, so it looks more like a slideshow. But by adding optical flow to the clip it will add a fake frame in between two legit frames, making it seem more smooth, and making the shot seem like it has a higher frame rate, it doesn't always work, but normally it does.

Great video.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 1:17]

Thanks for the advice Mos...video editing has become more of an interest over the last few years and I kind of wish I'd studied a related course at uni rather than music engineering now. I find the editing of video more enjoyable as it seems like you can add more of your own personal style to projects.

I used GoPro Studio on this edit, previously I've used iMovie, although I was looking at to get some new software for this video...however, I'm pretty busy with work at the minute so used software I know to get the video done quickly.

The slow mo shots I just slowed down manually but in future will look at these editing plugins you've mentioned. It's all a learning process for me so info like this you've provided is much appreciated.

Login to get fewer ads

TIB presents... on 09:30 - Aug 24 with 2186 viewsTIB

TIB presents... on 08:25 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Benters do you do this stuff on purpose? The bogs can't be that "beautiful".....comedy genius.
.....Tib, Mrs Slave wants to know what the music is and we both wondered how you could afford all the helicopter trips...what's a drone, surely you can't get wasps to film for you !

Music by The Chainsmokers ft Emily Warren - Don't Say (Devi Remix).

Wasps make great video assistants and pilots...they are like the sherpas of the insect world

TIB presents... on 09:32 - Aug 24 with 2185 viewsTIB

TIB presents... on 01:55 - Aug 24 by connorscontract

Nice. The drone footage really adds something.

Cheers cc...I've still got some mastering to do of it but thought some of the shots came out really well.

TIB presents... on 09:50 - Aug 24 with 2162 viewsBenters

TIB presents... on 08:25 - Aug 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

No it comes naturally said the actress to the bishop.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

TIB presents... on 21:15 - Aug 24 with 2102 viewsmos

TIB presents... on 09:28 - Aug 24 by TIB

Thanks for the advice Mos...video editing has become more of an interest over the last few years and I kind of wish I'd studied a related course at uni rather than music engineering now. I find the editing of video more enjoyable as it seems like you can add more of your own personal style to projects.

I used GoPro Studio on this edit, previously I've used iMovie, although I was looking at to get some new software for this video...however, I'm pretty busy with work at the minute so used software I know to get the video done quickly.

The slow mo shots I just slowed down manually but in future will look at these editing plugins you've mentioned. It's all a learning process for me so info like this you've provided is much appreciated.

Awesome!

If you want to use the software mentioned, you can hook yourself up with Adobe - create an account, download Premier Pro/after effects, and there it is, you've got every single editing function you'll ever need, will take time to get used to the functions and shortcuts, but it all comes natural after a while. Then it's all about watching tutorials on YouTube/Web on how to do stuff, like transitions etc.

Search up Sam Kold on YouTube and watch some of his travel videos, they are incredible, and can give many ideas!

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

TIB presents... on 08:50 - Aug 25 with 2048 viewsTIB

TIB presents... on 21:15 - Aug 24 by mos

Awesome!

If you want to use the software mentioned, you can hook yourself up with Adobe - create an account, download Premier Pro/after effects, and there it is, you've got every single editing function you'll ever need, will take time to get used to the functions and shortcuts, but it all comes natural after a while. Then it's all about watching tutorials on YouTube/Web on how to do stuff, like transitions etc.

Search up Sam Kold on YouTube and watch some of his travel videos, they are incredible, and can give many ideas!

I was actually flying home Saturday worried I didn't have enough variety of footage from this trip but actually I ended up with more than enough so I will sign up with Adobe and use some of the extra footage to get to grips with it all.that song on my video but couldn't bring myself to use a track that's already been used. There is something about documenting travel in a music video format that really does it for me...I started doing these videos just as a more insightful way of looking back on travel...photos are great, but they don't bring back the reality that film does.

Ahhhh Sam Kold...him and Rory Kramer from an influence perspective are top of the pile for me. When I saw this video below by Kold I was blown away...I actually almost used

I'm hoping to tick a few more things off the bucket list in 2018 so I might try and do a year long video...by December '18 I'd hope to be competent in Adobe

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024