Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huws looking like he needs surgery 13:39 - Aug 24 with 4366 viewsITFCBlues

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:47 - Aug 24 with 4237 viewsSwailsey

FFS

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:48 - Aug 24 with 4217 viewsITFCBlues

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:47 - Aug 24 by Swailsey

FFS

Yeah, not sure what the recovery time is for an Achilles injury?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 4153 viewsSomethingBlue

Would have thought at least three months. Rang an alarm bell or two from the start, that one.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:54 - Aug 24 with 4133 viewsManchesterblue

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:48 - Aug 24 by ITFCBlues

Yeah, not sure what the recovery time is for an Achilles injury?

100 Months if you go by Bishop time

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:57 - Aug 24 with 4094 viewsReuser_is_God

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:54 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

Would have thought at least three months. Rang an alarm bell or two from the start, that one.

Given how we rehab players I'd be surprised to see him again before next season.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:57 - Aug 24 with 4088 viewsTheBlueBarca

That's him and Dozzers out for the season then.

To be honest, we're playing with fire by running such a small squad, we already don't have any first team natural centre halves fit and we're what 5 games into the season.

Everyone on this forum is always wrong.
Poll: Should Tommy Smith be awarded a Testimonial at Ipswich?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:58 - Aug 24 with 4068 viewsNo9

???????

When did he get this injury?
Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:01 - Aug 24 with 4043 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

A years salary down the sh!tter then. Did he get signed with the injury or picked it up?
Login to get fewer ads

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:01 - Aug 24 with 4043 viewsDyland

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:54 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

For how much longer can we keep saying we have horrendous luck with first team injuries, if the kids keep coming in and playing as they are. I would never go so far as to say these injuries have been a blessing, that would be absurd and somewhat disrespectful. But if you are going to transition and bring the academy players through, they need to play league football. I'd take that even if there are trials by fire along the way.

Sir Bobby would concur, I think.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:01 - Aug 24 with 4033 viewsSomethingBlue

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 13:57 - Aug 24 by Reuser_is_God

Given how we rehab players I'd be surprised to see him again before next season.

If it looks like going beyond Christmas we should get another midfielder in regardless of how well Downes/Nydam are doing. We're not at a huge remove from being back at Skuse/Hyam, through necessity rather than anything else.
[Post edited 24 Aug 2017 14:02]

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 4008 viewsSteve_M

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:01 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

If it looks like going beyond Christmas we should get another midfielder in regardless of how well Downes/Nydam are doing. We're not at a huge remove from being back at Skuse/Hyam, through necessity rather than anything else.

Although Hyam will probably get injured again before that.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:04 - Aug 24 with 3998 viewsSomethingBlue

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:01 - Aug 24 by Dyland

For how much longer can we keep saying we have horrendous luck with first team injuries, if the kids keep coming in and playing as they are. I would never go so far as to say these injuries have been a blessing, that would be absurd and somewhat disrespectful. But if you are going to transition and bring the academy players through, they need to play league football. I'd take that even if there are trials by fire along the way.

Sir Bobby would concur, I think.

I do see that point and it could be the making of those two lads in midfield, particularly. But that still doesn't change the feeling, for me, that something isn't quite right.

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:05 - Aug 24 with 3972 viewsWestSussexBlue

Another week Another major injury lay off, Surely not normal.
Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:06 - Aug 24 with 3975 viewsITFCBlues

Agree - you'd hope that we're looking at someone should the worst become a realisation.

From reading up on it, it's not a quick fix either!

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:06 - Aug 24 with 3969 viewsDyland

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:04 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

I do see that point and it could be the making of those two lads in midfield, particularly. But that still doesn't change the feeling, for me, that something isn't quite right.

Same here. I have this vague unease about Huws and Adeyemi that 's lurking whenever I reflect on the start to the season.

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:10 - Aug 24 with 3913 viewsMullet

Last season was utterly ruined by injuries, with such a good start it'd be galling if we had another one.

Mick needs to review the backroom staff. Even if they are doing nothing wrong, it needs to be checked over and looked at to ensure the best possible procedures are in place. It'll be costing Evans much more in the long run for a start.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:11 - Aug 24 with 3888 viewsSomethingBlue

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:06 - Aug 24 by Dyland

Same here. I have this vague unease about Huws and Adeyemi that 's lurking whenever I reflect on the start to the season.

The problem is that we really don't know how our side is going to look for the season, weird as it sounds — it's very hard to tell given the injuries and all that's happened since, and for me the one certainty is that while we're ploughing through very admirably at the moment there will come a time, quite possibly Saturday, when we run out of gas. Then we'll need our nailed-on players, including the likes of Huws/Adeyemi who have come in to make a real difference to our approach, and they are falling at every turn.

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:20 - Aug 24 with 3798 viewsDyland

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:11 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

The problem is that we really don't know how our side is going to look for the season, weird as it sounds — it's very hard to tell given the injuries and all that's happened since, and for me the one certainty is that while we're ploughing through very admirably at the moment there will come a time, quite possibly Saturday, when we run out of gas. Then we'll need our nailed-on players, including the likes of Huws/Adeyemi who have come in to make a real difference to our approach, and they are falling at every turn.

It's a serious dampener on the positive mood. An ST doesn't come with a guarantee you'll win games, but I do have an expectation there will be enough senior players fit for the majority of the season to make a fist of it.

A fook it, we're gonna thrash Fulham with the academy.

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:43 - Aug 24 with 3603 viewschicoazul

Fuaarrrrrrrrrrk. He has quite a big injury history too.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 14:58 - Aug 24 with 3493 viewschristiand

Cardiff City laughing like drains!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 15:45 - Aug 24 with 3341 viewsHerbivore

Disagree. Even if Huws is out for a while we still have Skuse, Ward, Adeyemi, Hyam, Downes and Nydam. The likes of McDonnell are more than capable of filling in too if need be. We look fine in midfield imo, disappointing as the news about Huws is.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 16:07 - Aug 24 with 3320 viewsSomethingBlue

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 15:45 - Aug 24 by Herbivore

Disagree. Even if Huws is out for a while we still have Skuse, Ward, Adeyemi, Hyam, Downes and Nydam. The likes of McDonnell are more than capable of filling in too if need be. We look fine in midfield imo, disappointing as the news about Huws is.

You may well be right — I'm just concerned that patch and mend will only take us so far over the course of things. To my mind we'd still be short of one first-team midfielder; or a wide player if we want to call Ward a central MF. It's going to be a stretch and it would be a shame if all this derailed us after the excellent springboard that, no matter what happens on Saturday, we have given ourselves.

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 16:39 - Aug 24 with 3266 viewsHerbivore

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 16:07 - Aug 24 by SomethingBlue

You may well be right — I'm just concerned that patch and mend will only take us so far over the course of things. To my mind we'd still be short of one first-team midfielder; or a wide player if we want to call Ward a central MF. It's going to be a stretch and it would be a shame if all this derailed us after the excellent springboard that, no matter what happens on Saturday, we have given ourselves.

Got to think 6 CMs is enough, we need to trust the youngsters to fill in when needed. I'm more worried about CB still to be honest.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Huws looking like he needs surgery on 18:26 - Aug 24 with 3149 viewstextbackup

Hate that I might be right! Said a while back we'll see sod all of him (and ademyi)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024