Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McCarthy article in Irish Independent 09:07 - Aug 26 with 1870 viewsmillvalleyblue

Here's an article published today in Irish Independent.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/at-some-stage-you-have-to-

Blog: What Would Eric Gates Say?

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:33 - Aug 26 with 1795 viewstractorboy1978

Sections calling for his head from the word go. Well that is utter b0llocks.
McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:50 - Aug 26 with 1747 viewsGuthrum

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:33 - Aug 26 by tractorboy1978

I think the writer means last season, in which case quite a lot of people wanted McCarthy gone at the end of 2015-16, after the post-New Year decline and performances.

Plus there are some, a few, who did not want McCarthy at the club in the first place and have never been won over.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:44 - Aug 26 with 1650 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:50 - Aug 26 by Guthrum

I think the writer means last season, in which case quite a lot of people wanted McCarthy gone at the end of 2015-16, after the post-New Year decline and performances.

Plus there are some, a few, who did not want McCarthy at the club in the first place and have never been won over.

What was really funny was the sight of the (very) odd one or two who mourned the departure of Keane lambasting Mick for bad football.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 11:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:46 - Aug 26 with 1641 viewsMedwayTractor

They're all at it. Two page spread in the Daily Torygraph today as well.

Blog: Who's Next Between the Sticks (Or Be Careful What You Wish For)?

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:48 - Aug 26 with 1633 viewsDyland

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:33 - Aug 26 by tractorboy1978

ALMOST from the word go. He's right.

Some fans simply don't like him, from before he joined ITFC.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:54 - Aug 26 with 1621 viewsDyland

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:46 - Aug 26 by MedwayTractor

They're all at it. Two page spread in the Daily Torygraph today as well.

And the Guardian yesterday of course.

As Illers says, it all points to a down to earth with a bump today. But we shall see. I think we're spikier and more street smart (even with the ridiculous injury problem) than when Brighton burst our bubble a couple of years back and Lua Lua tore poor Josh a new one.

A defeat would be disappointing, nothing more nothing less. A victory would be a great stat, and a victory for tenacity and luck, and not much more.

The squad is decimated, which has to dampen any feelgood factor. But the academy is producing players who just possibly could be the real deal. And that's exciting. We'll see if they can push on from Tuesday, and how McCarthy utilises them.

COYFB

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 11:07 - Aug 26 with 1591 viewsmonty_radio

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 09:50 - Aug 26 by Guthrum

I think that might just be a generous attempt to exonerate Mick. There is a double-page interview in today's Telegraph sport in which the interviewer repeats that "sections of the Portman Rd crowd were calling for McCarthy's head also from the word go".

Mick himself is also quoted as saying that he couldn't take to Twitter because he would soon become abusive if ignorant, overweight couch potatoes starting giving him grief: "it would degenerate very quickly". It's a pretty fair picture of what happened at one point last season even though apologists and sentinels on here repeatedly denied or overlooked that Mick himself had said anything to contribute to the conflagration.

Many, like myself, were always pleased from the off that he was appointed, but then disappointed by his tactics and demeanour when under pressure. Mick is frank about not attempting to win fans i.e. amateurs over, though, of course, he's as pleased as any of us would be when it happens. He's been here across a fair period of time and experienced highs and lows, but the lows have not made him easier to love for those who were unsure of him in the first place.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2017 11:31]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 11:20 - Aug 26 with 1563 viewsMullet

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 10:54 - Aug 26 by Dyland

And the Guardian yesterday of course.

As Illers says, it all points to a down to earth with a bump today. But we shall see. I think we're spikier and more street smart (even with the ridiculous injury problem) than when Brighton burst our bubble a couple of years back and Lua Lua tore poor Josh a new one.

A defeat would be disappointing, nothing more nothing less. A victory would be a great stat, and a victory for tenacity and luck, and not much more.

The squad is decimated, which has to dampen any feelgood factor. But the academy is producing players who just possibly could be the real deal. And that's exciting. We'll see if they can push on from Tuesday, and how McCarthy utilises them.

COYFB

You're talking a lot of sense lately buh. What's going on?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Login to get fewer ads

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 1459 viewsDyland

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 11:20 - Aug 26 by Mullet

You're talking a lot of sense lately buh. What's going on?

I always have done ba, I've just become less rude on here over the years innit

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 12:30 - Aug 26 with 1424 viewsBlueBadger

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 12:15 - Aug 26 by Dyland

I always have done ba, I've just become less rude on here over the years innit

Evidence?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 12:43 - Aug 26 with 1398 viewsDyland

McCarthy article in Irish Independent on 12:30 - Aug 26 by BlueBadger

Evidence?

Arf

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024