Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. 18:56 - Aug 26 with 6665 viewsstantheman

Was it based on Klopp and Wagner being German so it must be a good idea. He doesnt seem to have much pedigree as being a super coach, or am I wrong?
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:01 - Aug 26 with 6639 viewsgt81

But but but, they had 70% of the possession today :-)
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:05 - Aug 26 with 6616 viewsDarth_Koont

Wagner, pretty much. Klopp had genuine responsibility and success beforehand.

I think the Championship is a hugely difficult league to come in and try and implement a new approach — or to know if that approach will even work. You can't afford players who can transcend their own team and how they're playing so you're still relying on building a strong unit against 23 other teams who also understand the same need.

As a result the games all get pretty attritional pretty quickly. If you think the coaches and players to combat that are going to come from the German system and a very different style of play then good luck.It might work but it also might set the club back a few years if it doesn't.

Pronouns: He/Him

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:10 - Aug 26 with 6600 viewsstantheman

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:05 - Aug 26 by Darth_Koont

Wagner, pretty much. Klopp had genuine responsibility and success beforehand.

I think the Championship is a hugely difficult league to come in and try and implement a new approach — or to know if that approach will even work. You can't afford players who can transcend their own team and how they're playing so you're still relying on building a strong unit against 23 other teams who also understand the same need.

As a result the games all get pretty attritional pretty quickly. If you think the coaches and players to combat that are going to come from the German system and a very different style of play then good luck.It might work but it also might set the club back a few years if it doesn't.

I suppose it all depends on how long it will be before the Nodge board panics and say enough is enough. Another 3 poor displays and it could all end in tears.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:15 - Aug 26 with 6581 viewsgt81

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:10 - Aug 26 by stantheman

I suppose it all depends on how long it will be before the Nodge board panics and say enough is enough. Another 3 poor displays and it could all end in tears.

Not sure another manager would do a huge deal better, this is the poorest City team in what seems like forever and long may it continue!
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:17 - Aug 26 with 6563 viewsBinner

Farke in hell. Good, innit?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:18 - Aug 26 with 6553 viewsstantheman

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:15 - Aug 26 by gt81

Not sure another manager would do a huge deal better, this is the poorest City team in what seems like forever and long may it continue!

If they can lose to millwall by 4 goals they must be pretty pants in my opinion.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 20:39 - Aug 26 with 6364 viewsITFC1977

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:18 - Aug 26 by stantheman

If they can lose to millwall by 4 goals they must be pretty pants in my opinion.

I can remember somebody recently linked a thread on their forum with them Mocking our easy fixtures and laughing that we conceded 3 goals against Millwall.. made me chuckle when I see their score today against said opposition.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 20:48 - Aug 26 with 6331 viewsjas0999

Laughable stuff!
Login to get fewer ads

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 20:49 - Aug 26 with 6326 viewsDeano69

I think it was a mix of Pep and Klopp, code named Plopp

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 20:59 - Aug 26 with 6293 viewsbournemouthblue

They're often very quick to panic, give it a game or so and they'll be in full meltdown mode

How they manage to get away with it so often I don't know

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 21:04 - Aug 26 with 6268 viewsm14_blue

22nd October can't come quickly enough.

It's our turn and it's long overdue.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 21:56 - Aug 26 with 6172 viewsmonty_radio

I think Farke was sold the idea that Barclay was a bank that you could draw money from at any time you need, that Ed Balls was an important politician and Delia an influential T.V. personality. He probably also thought that Aviva would give him some sort of insurance, but was not warned that the name on the shirt might just refer to an old Vauxhall that had had its day.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

(No subject) (n/t) on 01:15 - Aug 27 with 6022 viewsITFC1977

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:18 - Aug 26 by stantheman

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 07:42 - Aug 27 with 5858 viewstextbackup

THERE WERE 10 NORWICH GERMANS IN THE AIR...

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 08:10 - Aug 27 with 5807 viewsMullet

Running out of cash desperately innit. Alex not a manager Neil was their cheap option, so Christ knows what Farke is. He was probably running BVB's U'8's or something and they padded his CV to get rid.

Nodge gambled on pushing all their cheat payments on players who didn't worm out and left as soon as they could. They're not far from being where we were financially in the last 2/3 years without some more major sales.

If they don't go up they're done for a while.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 08:11 - Aug 27 with 5807 viewsReuser_is_God

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 21:04 - Aug 26 by m14_blue

22nd October can't come quickly enough.

It's our turn and it's long overdue.

They'll sack him & have Lambert back before then.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 08:43 - Aug 27 with 5738 viewstractorboy1978

They've put a fair amount of time, effort and money into the 'project'. They won't bin it off quickly which is what I find amusing.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 12:17 - Aug 27 with 5540 viewsTownly

Be careful what you wish for.

If this experiment fails it could see the end of Delia Smith's reign at Carrow Road. There already seems to be a groundswell of opinion building up against her.

If forced to sell then that club would be ripe for a big money Chinese/ Thai style takeover. They have no debt, own a lot, have Category A and the support holds up well.

No guarantee of success I know but I'd still be concerned if they became another Wolves overnight.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 17:42 - Aug 27 with 5323 viewsmilliem

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 12:17 - Aug 27 by Townly

If this experiment fails it could see the end of Delia Smith's reign at Carrow Road. There already seems to be a groundswell of opinion building up against her.

If forced to sell then that club would be ripe for a big money Chinese/ Thai style takeover. They have no debt, own a lot, have Category A and the support holds up well.

No guarantee of success I know but I'd still be concerned if they became another Wolves overnight.

You're not being partial are you Townly? Because it sounds like the sort of thing that an avid Norwich supporter would say: Delia goes to be replaced by far east money men who would get rid of the manager and bring in somebody (ex Premier League, probably Italian that the folks back home would recognise) who supposedly knows what they are doing: inject 10s of millions of Pounds to buy quality players and walk into the Premier League with a subsequent instant return on investment from the TV money.

However, Championship sides (second division as we called it in my day) have had a patchy record from far east investment. Birmingham's investors have wasted their money so far and that money appears to have dried up. Wolves have thrown £10 million plus on individual signings but it still didn't stop Neil Warnock's Cardiff, with reasonably priced additions, from beating them at home. Aston Villa's owners gave di Matteo a massive warchest and then binned hin three months later and left his replacement, Steve Bruce with a clearing up operation.

I like Bruce, I like Warnock. They get results in this division and their sides tend to play decent football while they're doing it. So would McCarthy given the right amount of funds. Unfortunately the tax evading ( legally really!) Marcus Evans has decided that the money he splurged on Keane, Jewell and to a lesser extent Magilton had to stop so now Mick gets dregs and has to make do with the pittance he gets thrown at him hence getting two players from Rangers, managed by the clueless Caixinha, for less than a million.

Be careful what you wish for...
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 17:44 - Aug 27 with 5318 viewsSteve_M

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 12:17 - Aug 27 by Townly

Yes, but the Chinese owners want a famous club.

In reality, Chinese firms are being stopped from loading up on overseas debt. The era of buying European football clubs looks like being a brief one.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 18:28 - Aug 27 with 5240 viewsTownly

"You're not being partial are you Townly?"

Not really although I do like to visit the PinkUn forum occasionally especially when things are going badly for them.

Reading between the lines it seems that the longer Delia Smith holds on the worse the omens are for the future of her club.

I therefore wouldn't want her gone or bought out by anybody from anywhere. I wasn't intending to re-open the debate about the merits or otherwise of big money foreign investors but I wouldn't want them to to be flush again after this season.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 19:04 - Aug 27 with 5166 viewsgt81

The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 18:28 - Aug 27 by Townly

"You're not being partial are you Townly?"

Not really although I do like to visit the PinkUn forum occasionally especially when things are going badly for them.

Reading between the lines it seems that the longer Delia Smith holds on the worse the omens are for the future of her club.

I therefore wouldn't want her gone or bought out by anybody from anywhere. I wasn't intending to re-open the debate about the merits or otherwise of big money foreign investors but I wouldn't want them to to be flush again after this season.

They won't be. This is the season they run into a glass door. Def info.
The Nodge German experiment has stated well. on 20:05 - Aug 27 with 5069 viewsjpring89

Doing a good job in my opinion. Keep this up and they will be down by March. Ha participant w@nkers.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024