Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad sad day 13:28 - Aug 29 with 23698 viewsArcher4721

My Lithuanian builder and tenant has decided to return home with his wife and children as she doesn't feel safe with her children in this country anymore since Brexit
Sad sad day on 07:45 - Nov 30 with 4500 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad sad day on 07:39 - Nov 30 by vapour_trail

Not sure why you’re asking the question when you already know the answer.

Because of the irrational fear and xenophobia the campaigning leant upon. You wouldn’t have won the popular vote without it.

From what I recall the only people spreading fear that EU citizens would have to leave in the event of a vote for Brexit was the remain camp.

The official leave campaign were at pains to satay that EU citizens would stay.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 7:51]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sad sad day on 07:51 - Nov 30 with 4481 viewschicoazul

Taking away the fact that we all know Archer is a pathological liar who has fantasised on here through various identities for many years about how wealthy he is, it is ironic that an avowed Corbyn supporter would feel sad about Brexit leading to the removal of a source of cheap labour.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Sad sad day on 08:00 - Nov 30 with 4469 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 07:18 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

Why has a vote to leave a trading block of mostly white European nations, whilst guaranteeing UK residence of EU nationals, with the prospect of opening up stronger links with non white countries and increased immigration from our potential new trading partners such as India and China, given justification to people to tell Johnny Foreigner to “fcuk off back to where they came from”?

Surely our European neighbours in Germany, Austria, France and Holland have sent out a stronger message in line with the one you have suggested by voting in massive numbers for far right parties who make the likes of UKIP look like social liberals?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 7:22]

Surely you have read that MrsNewcy has first hand experience of this?

It’s the thick, racist, tossers that felt emboldened by the leave vote that came out of the woodwork.

Yes, she has been racially abused before. However this was the day after the vote, and the neighbour who had never spoken to her in anything but a friendly manner told her that she should go back to her own country. She was born at Abingdon, her Father (from the West Indies originally) was in the RAF. Her Mother is from Leeds.

MrsNewcy has beautiful skin. Looking at her right now as she sleeps, I am a lucky man.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Sad sad day on 08:01 - Nov 30 with 4465 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 08:00 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

It’s the thick, racist, tossers that felt emboldened by the leave vote that came out of the woodwork.

Yes, she has been racially abused before. However this was the day after the vote, and the neighbour who had never spoken to her in anything but a friendly manner told her that she should go back to her own country. She was born at Abingdon, her Father (from the West Indies originally) was in the RAF. Her Mother is from Leeds.

MrsNewcy has beautiful skin. Looking at her right now as she sleeps, I am a lucky man.

Oh by the way, I also think Archer is talking shoite.

Although the guy refuses to do anything but have his petty little digs at Glassers.

Sad sad day on 08:09 - Nov 30 with 4456 viewsvapour_trail

Sad sad day on 07:45 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

From what I recall the only people spreading fear that EU citizens would have to leave in the event of a vote for Brexit was the remain camp.

You can carry on attempting to put as much distance between official and unofficial campaigns but the truth is one wouldn’t have succeeded without the other, and to claim that the immigrant card wasn’t front and centre of the overall leave narrative is dishonest.

But you know that already.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Sad sad day on 08:10 - Nov 30 with 4451 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad sad day on 08:00 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

I have and it’s appaling. But why do these thick racists feel emboldened when immigration from countries of darker skin origin will increase in exchange for greater trade links?

You say yourself that she has been racially abused before. Brexit hasn’t suddenly made people racist. Racists may use Brexit as an excuse to be racist just as racists appropriated the union flag or the cross of St George as a racist symbol. Instead of rolling over, as people did with both flags, we shouldn’t allow them to steal what is basiscaly a vote to leave one trading block to embrace a wider world.

People can either cry that Brexit is racist or they can stand up to the racists and shout them down, Unfortunately the idea that Brexit is racist plays into to many remainers hands so they go along with the idea.

Edit. And wtf are you doing posting on here when you have a beautiful woman laying next to you? You’re on shore leave Newcy
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 8:13]

Iron Lion Zion

Sad sad day on 08:11 - Nov 30 with 4450 viewswitchdoctor

Sad sad day on 17:11 - Aug 29 by Archer4721

I give up with this place Ryorry.

promises...promises....
Sad sad day on 08:14 - Nov 30 with 4442 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sad sad day on 08:10 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

I have and it’s appaling. But why do these thick racists feel emboldened when immigration from countries of darker skin origin will increase in exchange for greater trade links?

You say yourself that she has been racially abused before. Brexit hasn’t suddenly made people racist. Racists may use Brexit as an excuse to be racist just as racists appropriated the union flag or the cross of St George as a racist symbol. Instead of rolling over, as people did with both flags, we shouldn’t allow them to steal what is basiscaly a vote to leave one trading block to embrace a wider world.

People can either cry that Brexit is racist or they can stand up to the racists and shout them down, Unfortunately the idea that Brexit is racist plays into to many remainers hands so they go along with the idea.

Edit. And wtf are you doing posting on here when you have a beautiful woman laying next to you? You’re on shore leave Newcy

Brexit itself isn’t racist (as you rightly point out), although there were no doubt some elements of society that voted Brexit on those grounds. Certainly not as many as some remainders would have you believe but they exist, no doubt

However Brexit, along with other factors such as Trump and the rise of UKIP, has definitely emboldened an element of society to be more outwardly racist. You only need to look at the press or comments under certain articles or posts on Facebook to see that

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Login to get fewer ads

Sad sad day on 08:19 - Nov 30 with 4436 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sad sad day on 16:54 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

Wtf - is your default position that people go around lying about serious issues?

Agree it’s a rather serious subject, which is why I felt it necessary to challenge a blatantly made up OP

Sad sad day on 08:20 - Nov 30 with 4435 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad sad day on 08:14 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Brexit itself isn’t racist (as you rightly point out), although there were no doubt some elements of society that voted Brexit on those grounds. Certainly not as many as some remainders would have you believe but they exist, no doubt

However Brexit, along with other factors such as Trump and the rise of UKIP, has definitely emboldened an element of society to be more outwardly racist. You only need to look at the press or comments under certain articles or posts on Facebook to see that

But people try to make out this is a Brexit problem when the rise of racism and anti semitism Is growing a a far greater rate in mainland Europe. For example there are regular running battles between pmigrants and skin heads on the streets of a Germany. Attacks on refugee centres have increased tenfold in Germany over the last year. A third of the French electorate voted BNP. Austria are about to have a party founded by Nazis in government.

I will not allow leaving the EU, which is an honourable aspiration, to be hijacked by racists with bitter remainers legitimising them.

Iron Lion Zion

Sad sad day on 08:24 - Nov 30 with 4433 viewsBenters

Sad sad day on 08:01 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

Oh by the way, I also think Archer is talking shoite.

Although the guy refuses to do anything but have his petty little digs at Glassers.

Well apart from that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Sad sad day on 08:26 - Nov 30 with 4424 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 08:10 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

Why do these thick racists feel emboldened when immigration from countries of darker skin origin will increase?

Because they are that thick.

We shouldn’t allow them to steal what is basically a vote to leave one trading...

They didn’t steal it, they used it as an opportunity, it gave them some self belief, however you want to dress it up. It is terrible. Whenever I have been with MrsNewcy and she has been on the end of racial abuse I certainly don’t stand for it, which disappoints her. She says everyone is allowed their opinion and by chucking the guy off the train at the next stop, or intimidating him I am just making myself feel better. I have no problems doing either to a racist woman too. When you spout such hateful stuff you deserve to know what it feels like back. I admit to being a terrible human being.

I am not overly keen on Brexit, I don’t see it being as glorious as the Brexiteers think it will be, but I am also not sitting around and complaining. I have my life plans and goals for my family, I won’t let them down. Brexit is happening in one form or another, maybe. Nobody really knows. I think the hard Brexiteers are going to be very unhappy at the end. At least I have a leg up on most of you guys, I speak a little Hindi!

H, she’s asleep. Although I could tell her she has woken up with really bad conjunctivitis....

Sad sad day on 08:33 - Nov 30 with 4412 viewsNo9

Sad sad day on 07:45 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

"The official leave campaign were at pains to satay that EU citizens would stay."

Maybe you shpuld take more notice of what the Home Office are doing -
& what this goivernmentis saying & doing, Brandon Lewis will NOT give the same assureances for EU citizens staying here - quite the reverse.

& still despite a number rof EU countries & the official EU position being that, UK citizens (in the EU) will still be treated the same as EU citizens.

the Leave campaign was a bundle of lies - and you are still peddling them
Sad sad day on 08:40 - Nov 30 with 4398 viewsBenters

Sad sad day on 08:26 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

Why do these thick racists feel emboldened when immigration from countries of darker skin origin will increase?

Because they are that thick.

We shouldn’t allow them to steal what is basically a vote to leave one trading...

They didn’t steal it, they used it as an opportunity, it gave them some self belief, however you want to dress it up. It is terrible. Whenever I have been with MrsNewcy and she has been on the end of racial abuse I certainly don’t stand for it, which disappoints her. She says everyone is allowed their opinion and by chucking the guy off the train at the next stop, or intimidating him I am just making myself feel better. I have no problems doing either to a racist woman too. When you spout such hateful stuff you deserve to know what it feels like back. I admit to being a terrible human being.

I am not overly keen on Brexit, I don’t see it being as glorious as the Brexiteers think it will be, but I am also not sitting around and complaining. I have my life plans and goals for my family, I won’t let them down. Brexit is happening in one form or another, maybe. Nobody really knows. I think the hard Brexiteers are going to be very unhappy at the end. At least I have a leg up on most of you guys, I speak a little Hindi!

H, she’s asleep. Although I could tell her she has woken up with really bad conjunctivitis....

Dear chap my me and my family voted out, as you know me fairly well do you think i am racist?

People up my close have fell out over this vote,one of my neighbours went after another and demanded they took down their vote leave poster they had in their window,they havent spoke since.

I have mixed race Cousins living in Canada,next time i see them i will look at their skin

Gentlybentley

Sad sad day on 08:43 - Nov 30 with 4389 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 08:33 - Nov 30 by No9

"The official leave campaign were at pains to satay that EU citizens would stay."

Maybe you shpuld take more notice of what the Home Office are doing -
& what this goivernmentis saying & doing, Brandon Lewis will NOT give the same assureances for EU citizens staying here - quite the reverse.

& still despite a number rof EU countries & the official EU position being that, UK citizens (in the EU) will still be treated the same as EU citizens.

the Leave campaign was a bundle of lies - and you are still peddling them

Show me a politician that doesn’t lie.

Unless they are held up against some sort of law then they are going to be able to say whatever they want. See the Leave campaign, Remain campaign, Corbyn, May, the lot of them.

How do you know if a politician is lying? Their lips are moving.

Sad sad day on 08:43 - Nov 30 with 4386 viewseireblue

Sad sad day on 08:20 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

But people try to make out this is a Brexit problem when the rise of racism and anti semitism Is growing a a far greater rate in mainland Europe. For example there are regular running battles between pmigrants and skin heads on the streets of a Germany. Attacks on refugee centres have increased tenfold in Germany over the last year. A third of the French electorate voted BNP. Austria are about to have a party founded by Nazis in government.

I will not allow leaving the EU, which is an honourable aspiration, to be hijacked by racists with bitter remainers legitimising them.

"I will not allow leaving the EU, which is an honourable aspiration, to be hijacked by racists ....."

I think you are about 10 years too late on that one
Sad sad day on 08:44 - Nov 30 with 4382 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 08:40 - Nov 30 by Benters

Dear chap my me and my family voted out, as you know me fairly well do you think i am racist?

People up my close have fell out over this vote,one of my neighbours went after another and demanded they took down their vote leave poster they had in their window,they havent spoke since.

I have mixed race Cousins living in Canada,next time i see them i will look at their skin

Benters as you will recall I have many times said that i don’t believe you to be racist, and if I had believed that I certainly wouldn’t have enjoyed a pint with you!

Edit: Also I believe that day I offered you the chance to come look round a ship sometime. Offer stands if you can make it!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 8:45]

Sad sad day on 08:45 - Nov 30 with 4379 viewsimsureazzure

Sad sad day on 08:14 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

What do you believe is the root cause of the vote to leave?
Sad sad day on 08:46 - Nov 30 with 4376 viewsBenters

Sad sad day on 08:44 - Nov 30 by NewcyBlue

Benters as you will recall I have many times said that i don’t believe you to be racist, and if I had believed that I certainly wouldn’t have enjoyed a pint with you!

Edit: Also I believe that day I offered you the chance to come look round a ship sometime. Offer stands if you can make it!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2017 8:45]

Yeah but you love another man now

Gentlybentley

Sad sad day on 08:47 - Nov 30 with 4374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad sad day on 08:46 - Nov 30 by Benters

Yeah but you love another man now

J2?

Iron Lion Zion

Sad sad day on 08:48 - Nov 30 with 4376 viewsimsureazzure

I have a lot of Irish friends who are working in the UK , some from the Republic are leaving to work back at home, those from NI are staying.

It is a purely financial decision, project fear is still screaming.
Sad sad day on 08:51 - Nov 30 with 4368 viewsNewcyBlue

Sad sad day on 08:47 - Nov 30 by GlasgowBlue

J2?

He wishes!

Sad sad day on 08:56 - Nov 30 with 4350 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Sad sad day on 08:45 - Nov 30 by imsureazzure

A lot of people feeling ignored by the establishment/London etc, and remainers consistently talking down about these kinds of people which drew more and more people towards them

Sad sad day on 09:03 - Nov 30 with 4339 viewshype313

Sad sad day on 08:45 - Nov 30 by imsureazzure

For me it was about wage squeezes from mass immigration and an opportunity to kick the establishment.

We have far more visibility in our politicians now from all forms of news/social media so they are in the limelight far more than they ever used to be, I think apathy played a big part for years and now with videos popping up all over the place, generally negative ones, it means the mainstream population, who historically wouldn't be that interested, now have full insight into the people who run our country, and as a rule, the people don't like them, in all parties.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sad sad day on 09:04 - Nov 30 with 4337 viewsimsureazzure

Sad sad day on 08:56 - Nov 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

A lot of people feeling ignored by the establishment/London etc, and remainers consistently talking down about these kinds of people which drew more and more people towards them

Agreed, root cause is deeper in my opinion though, population rise via mass immigration with no infrastructure increase to facilitate the arrival of the new population.

The left 'rubbing the rights noses in diversity'.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024