Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welcome to Stop Gap FC 22:39 - Aug 31 with 6430 viewsDinnernotTea

We hope you enjoy your stay.

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:41 - Aug 31 with 3919 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

We are currently staying at hotel TopTwo and would like to tell all flouncers to go f**k themself.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:45 - Aug 31 with 3870 viewsITFC_Forever

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:41 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

We are currently staying at hotel TopTwo and would like to tell all flouncers to go f**k themself.

We're about to be kicked out of it as we can't afford it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:46 - Aug 31 with 3864 viewspointofblue

What were you expecting?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:47 - Aug 31 with 3851 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:41 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Huge rofl.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:48 - Aug 31 with 3830 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:45 - Aug 31 by ITFC_Forever

We're about to be kicked out of it as we can't afford it.

I've decided that the OP and his ilk just like to moan for the sake of it

We've had a brilliant transfer window on the whole and sit 2nd in the league going into the international break and yet some still look to focus on the negatives.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:56 - Aug 31 with 3792 viewsITFC_Forever

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:48 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

We've had a brilliant transfer window on the whole and sit 2nd in the league going into the international break and yet some still look to focus on the negatives.

We've not replaced Berra and we're going to miss him more than most think.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:57 - Aug 31 with 3778 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:48 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

You've never said flouncers in your life so why are you typing it? You've never said ilk in your life either, stop trying to impress the bigger kids on the Internet.

Back to football - call me old fashioned but I prefer to see my club sign players that really have a future at this club, not to make up the numbers in the old vs young game on Fridays. I've lost count of the players we are now at that sign and we never hear of them again in 6 months time (are we on 80 players signed since 2012 yet). Either go balls deep and sign a Hanley/Flint and improve on what we have after a wonder start or just do nothing and save the small pennies we have.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:07 - Aug 31 with 3718 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:57 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

You've never said flouncers in your life so why are you typing it? You've never said ilk in your life either, stop trying to impress the bigger kids on the Internet.

Back to football - call me old fashioned but I prefer to see my club sign players that really have a future at this club, not to make up the numbers in the old vs young game on Fridays. I've lost count of the players we are now at that sign and we never hear of them again in 6 months time (are we on 80 players signed since 2012 yet). Either go balls deep and sign a Hanley/Flint and improve on what we have after a wonder start or just do nothing and save the small pennies we have.

I've never said 'flouncers' or 'ilk' before?

Do you think they are special words or something?

Login to get fewer ads

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:08 - Aug 31 with 3713 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:07 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

I've never said 'flouncers' or 'ilk' before?

Do you think they are special words or something?

Honestly boy, just for one day wind your neck in.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:11 - Aug 31 with 3682 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:08 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

Honestly boy, just for one day wind your neck in.

'Boy'

And yet you are the one who comes across as a child..

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:12 - Aug 31 with 3662 viewsHARRY10

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:57 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

Perhaps you should look at your last sentence. The one that mentions 'small pennies'. Pity you cannot seem to correlate that observation with your thoughts on who we have signed.
Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:25 - Aug 31 with 3605 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:12 - Aug 31 by HARRY10

Perhaps you should look at your last sentence. The one that mentions 'small pennies'. Pity you cannot seem to correlate that observation with your thoughts on who we have signed.

This bloke won't change the future of this club and we won't hear of him again in 12 months (take your pick on other examples over the years). So unless we're going to really go big and bring in a Hanley/Flint and build on a wonder start then just hold fire. I am sick and tired of this club just bringing anyone in to make up numbers. We're bigger and better than that.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:26 - Aug 31 with 3594 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:25 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

This bloke won't change the future of this club and we won't hear of him again in 12 months (take your pick on other examples over the years). So unless we're going to really go big and bring in a Hanley/Flint and build on a wonder start then just hold fire. I am sick and tired of this club just bringing anyone in to make up numbers. We're bigger and better than that.

Hanley for 3.5m is genuinely a shocking buy

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:31 - Aug 31 with 3568 viewsStenvict

Don't cry about it Grandad

Poll: What will be announced first?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:34 - Aug 31 with 3545 viewsDolly2.0

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:25 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

We've been after him for 18 months and he was a target last summer, so not quite 'just bringing anyone in to make up numbers".

I take your point on loans but that's the only way a club with our resources can afford the better players.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:36 - Aug 31 with 3541 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:26 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

Hanley for 3.5m is genuinely a shocking buy

We won't know yet but is he better than Smith, Chambers and Webster at centre back? I'd say yes. And I'd also argue we still haven't replaced Berra which Hanley is the same mould. (Pre 2016/2017 meltdown).

Either way, no one had heard of the new signing yesterday and I'm almost certain he is plan C today so just because we did sign him why does it make it a good signing? Blindingly nodding to anything the club does is weird in my opinion.

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:39 - Aug 31 with 3527 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:34 - Aug 31 by Dolly2.0

We've been after him for 18 months and he was a target last summer, so not quite 'just bringing anyone in to make up numbers".

I take your point on loans but that's the only way a club with our resources can afford the better players.

Really? Why didn't we sign him the day the window opened instead of waiting 1 hour before it shuts?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:42 - Aug 31 with 3512 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:39 - Aug 31 by DinnernotTea

Really? Why didn't we sign him the day the window opened instead of waiting 1 hour before it shuts?

We signed Huws an hour before the window shut in January..

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:43 - Aug 31 with 3507 viewsDinnernotTea

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:42 - Aug 31 by The_Romford_Blue

We signed Huws an hour before the window shut in January..

What does that have to do with today's signing? I've never seen Phil type his name once but could be mistaken. If linked, Phil is usually all over it.

Dolly- who told you we've wanted him for 18 months?

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 00:24 - Sep 1 with 3484 viewsGuthrum

Yep. Won four out of five games with a stop-gap team. How good is this season going to be?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 00:41 - Sep 1 with 3460 viewsITFC_PUNCH_

C*nt off
Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 01:16 - Sep 1 with 3428 viewsBlue_Order

Flounce is an utterly shîte word to be fair.
Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 01:16 - Sep 1 with 3428 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 22:56 - Aug 31 by ITFC_Forever

We've not replaced Berra and we're going to miss him more than most think.

More than we missed Murphy IMO.

When teams realise how weak at the back we are we will get overrun, week in, week out
Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 02:27 - Sep 1 with 3384 viewsGiveusaWave

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 23:34 - Aug 31 by Dolly2.0

Dolly, he's been linked to Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham and Barnsley before but too my knowledge, never us.

I do believe he'll be a good signing...but certainly not the "hairy ar$$$ veteran" we have been waiting for. Regardless of this, I do expect we will see someone come in on a free transfer. Not ideal..but will give us adequate cover.

According to a reasonably good source, Chambers could be back in action very soon. If this is the case, we have adequate cover (injuries permitting) in defence.

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 02:28 - Sep 1 with 3383 viewsGiveusaWave

Welcome to Stop Gap FC on 02:27 - Sep 1 by GiveusaWave

Dolly, he's been linked to Wigan, Blackburn, Oldham and Barnsley before but too my knowledge, never us.

I do believe he'll be a good signing...but certainly not the "hairy ar$$$ veteran" we have been waiting for. Regardless of this, I do expect we will see someone come in on a free transfer. Not ideal..but will give us adequate cover.

According to a reasonably good source, Chambers could be back in action very soon. If this is the case, we have adequate cover (injuries permitting) in defence.

Grammar correction "to"....need to proof read....

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024